Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: October 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Atlanta Hawks - Preseason - 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    yeah starting to get annoying and Ingram needs to be on his guy more
    Yeah someone hit an 18 footer a second ago and Ingram just kinda walked at him instead of actually making the rotation but hey, I didn't mention it because if I do, the Ingram Police will come for me
    Basketball.

didn't know zion was pretty good at post pretty surprising

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

When Zion goes to the basket he either makes the shot or you foul him. That's it.

man I could see zion with some trip dubs he's a good assist dude also can someone tell the 3 dude he doesn't have to screech it

I agree. I think he will average very close to a triple double if not average one. He was doing this on a terrible Lakers team while his game wasn’t nearly as developed. He’s in a system where his skill set should flourish

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah someone hit an 18 footer a second ago and Ingram just kinda walked at him instead of actually making the rotation but hey, I didn't mention it because if I do, the Ingram Police will come for me
    yeah it's not the first one he did that but yeah you don't want him on ya lol

didn't know zion was pretty good at post pretty surprising

He was somewhere in the 90s in terms of percentile at postups in college. He has a real gem of a spin move to his right in the post. He's very good at it.

The Franchise
    Man I love Holiday..

Trae Young is so small. He ran into Jrue and bounced off him. Jrue's strong but he's not exactly massive.

9 in the quarter for Ingram! But wait he didn’t close out fully!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I agree. I think he will average very close to a triple double if not average one. He was doing this on a terrible Lakers team while his game wasn’t nearly as developed. He’s in a system where his skill set should flourish
    zion man not zo but I could also see zo doing it even if it's like 10 10 10 type of trip dubs

Good patience on that from Ingram. Was worried he was going to duck under the defender and dribble into the 2, but he held his position and hit the 3. Good to see.

In case you're not familiar with John Hollinger: he's the analyst who developed and invented PER.

he didn't points aren't everything I mean what is the issue here?

zion man not zo but I could also see zo doing it even if it's like 10 10 10 type of trip dubs

Oh I gotchea! Yea Zion will definitely have his games where he racks up some assists. I don’t think he will be very consistent in that category his rookie year but definitely something I believe he will continue to develop. If we didn’t have Jrue, Ball, and Ingram stealing a lot of assists I think he would have quite a few trip dubs.

Aren’t you glad we did not waste our money on Harrison Barnes?

he didn't points aren't everything I mean what is the issue here?

Also, it's not like I didn't mention the points I specifically complimented him on his patience for the 3, and I talked about his Euro off the Collins turnover.

It's almost like I'm discussing everything he does, good and bad.

Weird.

The Franchise
    I'd like to see some pick action with Holiday and Melli..

rotations are gonna get there so I'm not even mad about those it's the individual closing out I'm annoyed about and no Ingram isn't the only one

Good patience on that from Ingram. Was worried he was going to duck under the defender and dribble into the 2, but he held his position and hit the 3. Good to see.
    Patient Ingram >>> Wreckless Ingram

He plays a lot better when he let offense comes to him and doesn't force a bad drive.

We have 100 points and there's more than 15 minutes left to play

Zion trending on social media. Very nice to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Patient Ingram >>> Wreckless Ingram

He plays a lot better when he let offense comes to him and doesn't force a bad drive.
    Completely agree. He needs to take a breath and just let the game happen rather than decide to be The Guy Who Takes Shots.

I honestly blame Kobe for it

Also, it's not like I didn't mention the points I specifically complimented him on his patience for the 3, and I talked about his Euro off the Collins turnover.

It's almost like I'm discussing everything he does, good and bad.

Weird.
    weeeeeeeeird lol but seriously were up 100 82 and not one of our guys has really dominated that's encouraging as hell seriously lol

You keep acting as if 2 pointers are some terrible shot. Kobe and MJ only had this as their main weapon. Leonard just won a NBA Championship by having a deadly mod ranger. Ingram has been elite from mid range so what’s the problem. Being in the 89th percentile from Ingram means you want him taking that shot. Sure he can shoot from 3 more which he will here but stop acting like it is some terrible idea for him to shoot mid rangers. If he wasn’t elite there then sure but he is.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Aren’t you glad we did not waste our money on Harrison Barnes?

Haha absolutely! At the time I liked him for what we needed but he isn’t on the same level as Ingram. Everything worked out!

Thread Information