Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: October 5th - New Orleans Pelicans Open Practice - Preseason - 0-0

Pelicans October 5th - New Orleans Pelicans Open Practice - Preseason - 0-0

So here we are! For the first time in months, and for many of these players, the first time ever, we get to watch some of our New Orleans Pelicans take to the Smoothie King Centre floor and play some basketball. Yes, it's only pre-season, yes it's just practice, but Alvin Gentry spoke at the recent media availability yesterday and said that fans aren't interested in drills, so it will be mostly scrimmaging. So we will see some actual basketball played, even if it's only an informal, didactic form of the thing.

For anyone who is relatively new to this site and wasn't around for last season, I'm generally the guy who starts the game threads. If the game is happening particularly early, or if it's a game where everyone is attending it physically, I'm sometimes the only guy posting in them as well The game threads, along with the transcriptions and news updates, are what makes keeping me around reasonably useful even when I'm being irritating

Usually, in my game threads, I keep a running tally of the relevant stats of the team we're going up against: their W/L record, their offensive rating, defensive rating, and where they rank in the league in assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, etc, as well as provide a little basic analysis of key players on the opposing team. Of course, today isn't quite a game thread, and we're playing against ourselves, so I've left that off here.

Super excited to see our Pelicans back in action! Only 3 hours away, if my understanding of American time is holding up (which it might not be).

Let's go Pels! #WBD
    Basketball.

Post it here, too.....anyone know where to get tickets? I need 8. Lol. I know it's a long shot.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Post it here, too.....anyone know where to get tickets? I need 8. Lol. I know it's a long shot.
    No idea, sorry :/ Hopefully somebody will be able to give you the heads up

Zion looking absurdly jacked as usual.

Thought he was fat, tho?

Just figured I'd post one of my favourite Zion plays from college, for some hype.

It's been a while since people have seen him play a full game so it's nice to just be reminded at times.

that is ******** insane lol on a side note had no idea we had a YouTube channel so that's good to know for the scrimmage tonight lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    that is ******** insane lol on a side note had no idea we had a YouTube channel so that's good to know for the scrimmage tonight lol

Insane is the right word.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Insane is the right word.
    Idk why I'm so excited that so many ppl are there and I'm not even one of them lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Idk why I'm so excited that so many ppl are there and I'm not even one of them lol
    I know what you mean, I'm literally 4500 miles away from New Orleans. It would be a 15 hour flight to get there and I'm hype for the turnout.

I think it's because we've seen the franchise get so little attention for so long, and always being dismissed by the media as the team that nobody cares about, that nobody watches, etc etc, that it's exciting to see people show up and prove that narrative wrong. I'm all for it, the more the merrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Love it!

Looks like Jaxson is playing? That would be good, would suck if anyone had to miss this.

Good to see that we'll apparently be getting to see some Lonzo + Zion lob connections

Hall of Famer Contributor scedotal's Avatar
    I have two tickets I will send to anyone that wants them. I can’t make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scedotal View Post
    I have two tickets I will send to anyone that wants them. I can’t make it.
    Maybe try msusousaphone? I don't know if they've managed to figure something out but they were asking about tickets earlier, they could be interested.

On one hand, I appreciate the shoes.

On the other, it is my secret desire that nobody over the height of 6'8 ever wear Kyries, or Kobes, or any other shoe with no ankle support and no cushion.

I get having rubber-to-the-road style court feel if you're 6'2 and spend your entire life dribbling the air out of the ball before laying it up. If you make your career dunking, soaring for rebounds, blocking shots, and otherwise leaping, etc, and you are 6'11, please for the love of god wear shoes with some cushion in them.

Where’s this live stream they were talking about...can’t find anything on YT, FB or the website =|
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    Where’s this live stream they were talking about...can’t find anything on YT, FB or the website =|
    Try here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNcJV49lxf4

October 5th - New Orleans Pelicans Open Practice - Preseason - 0-0

The actual scrimmage hasn’t started. Oh and they reserved like 150 seats for people who didn’t show. This is a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Thank you sir.

Guess it’s finished now though! Ha!

Thread Information