Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WBD

Quote Originally Posted by ninth504 View Post
    From Zylan Cheatham’s Instagram live its “Wont Bow Down”
    C'mon Zylan, way to blow the team reveal lol
    Basketball.

Hey, y’all. Longtime lurker, first time posting, figured this was a good thread to chime in on. “Won’t bow down” comes from an old Mardi Gras Indian song called “Indian Red”. I dig that we’re using something that ties into the culture down here as opposed to “do it big” which was lame af. Good move��

Quote Originally Posted by ninth504 View Post
    From Zylan Cheatham’s Instagram live its “Wont Bow Down”
    There is a photo of the sign from the facility posted above.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bats504 View Post
    Hey, y’all. Longtime lurker, first time posting, figured this was a good thread to chime in on. “Won’t bow down” comes from an old Mardi Gras Indian song called “Indian Red”. I dig that we’re using something that ties into the culture down here as opposed to “do it big” which was lame af. Good move��

thats why i said wont bow down because its new orleans and the series treme came into my head when the chief said wont bow down lol....

It's fine. Maybe it feels more special as a slogan if you're from New Orleans yourself and have that connection to that song and stuff. For me, as a foreigner, it just seems kind of generic. I get that it's not really 'for' me though, so I'm not complaining, it's just not special to me.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's fine. Maybe it feels more special as a slogan if you're from New Orleans yourself and have that connection to that song and stuff. For me, as a foreigner, it just seems kind of generic. I get that it's not really 'for' me though, so I'm not complaining, it's just not special to me.
    look at it like this...we are a young team thats going up against alot of tough teams in the west,,the odds are stacked against us but we wont bow down....so look at it as this season rally cry post AD...

"...would you bow for the Melphomine?

or would you bow for the caliop?

would you bow for the magnolia?
    I said now bow for the Magnolia..."
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 09-23-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bats504 View Post
    A very good first post. Keep it coming.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    "...would you bow for the Melphomine?

or would you bow for the caliop?

would you bow for the magnolia?
    I said now bow for the Magnolia..."
    Eddie Bauer?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Wussy BROW Departed
    This is my favorite one.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Eddie Bauer?
    Eddie Bow

Somebody on twitter "We binge drink"

Here is the definitive version. Recorded by the Wild Magnolias. The tribe's chief was Big Chief Jolly, the uncle of the Neville Brothers. Fun fact: This recording came from the album that got the Neville Brothers to come together for the 1st time on wax and later form a group.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

They may be inspired by this as well.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    It's a sacred quote in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    It's a sacred quote in New Orleans
    Awesome, hope it gets the locals hyped and gets a few people's attention Like I said, I get that it's not really 'for' me, so it's not really a big deal if it doesn't speak to me personally

I prefer 'won't brow down'

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Yeah won’t bow down is a slogan for New Orleans fans, as it should be. I’m hyped and I want a shirt.

Wimp Be Davis

David Griffin on #WontBowDown message: "Everyone who looks at us from the outside can (watch and) determine, 'Do I want to be a part of that or not?' Not everyone's made to be part of this, and that's OK. If sex appeal's your thing and you need a big market, OK. See you later."

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    David Griffin on #WontBowDown message: "Everyone who looks at us from the outside can (watch and) determine, 'Do I want to be a part of that or not?' Not everyone's made to be part of this, and that's OK. If sex appeal's your thing and you need a big market, OK. See you later."

Please tell me that was retweeted at the tinsel town beta boy.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Please tell me that was retweeted at the tinsel town beta boy.
    we can only hope

Awesome, hope it gets the locals hyped and gets a few people's attention Like I said, I get that it's not really 'for' me, so it's not really a big deal if it doesn't speak to me personally
    Don't worry New Orleans has its own vibe and quirks that is unique only there. If you ever want to get a better feel for NO you should check out some of its mardi gras music stations. This is one i listen to: https://www.pandora.com/station/play...00632292528102

Or....become one with us. You are active enough on this board. Jam the song, read the lore, allow yourself to become a local. You belong.

Thread Information