Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Didi in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This does create sort of a good issue for us. If Didi ends up as good as he's looking now in the NBA then our 1-3 position is super stacked.

Jrue, Lonzo, Ingram, Jackson, NAW, Hart, Reddick, Kendrich, Didi.

There's just no way they all get minutes and they're all deserving. I think we are going to end up having to trade someone or multiple people. The question comes out though so to what do we trade for?
    we could probably use more bigs I mean we never know who could get hurt and it already seems like we're thin there I'd say a high bbiq big who doesn't need to score but can on occasion

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    This does create sort of a good issue for us. If Didi ends up as good as he's looking now in the NBA then our 1-3 position is super stacked.

There's just no way they all get minutes and they're all deserving. I think we are going to end up having to trade someone or multiple people. The question comes out though so to what do we trade for?

i want 2 dominating players at the 1-3 spots that can take over and win games......if we dont have those players on the team now or by trade deadline 21 then i would trade whoever to get one or 2 dominating players at the 1-3 spots........its a fact that the last 10 years or more that the teams who won the titles that year had dominating players at the 1-3 positions and that fact dont look like it will change soon.......

Trade Jackson and Redick (for salary purposes) to Pacers for Myles Turner. Defensively minded big who can stretch the floor.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Trade Jackson and Redick (for salary purposes) to Pacers for Myles Turner. Defensively minded big who can stretch the floor.
    Someone is gonna get disgruntled. I don’t know who. But I know we will be in the perfect position to pounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Someone is gonna get disgruntled. I don’t know who. But I know we will be in the perfect position to pounce.
    Oh yeah, of course. Whoever it is, outside of maybe those top top top players, we have the assets to make a credible run at if Griff sees fit. I don't even know if Turner would work, salary-wise, I don't know how much he's making. I just assumed it's enough that we'd have to include Redick

I would trade NAW before I traded Frank. Frank is only in year 2 and is proving to be a spark plug for this team. NAW is still a question mark.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I would trade NAW before I traded Frank. Frank is only in year 2 and is proving to be a spark plug for this team. NAW is still a question mark.
    NAW's only real question mark thus far is as a a scorer. He's already shown far, far higher on-ball creation and playmaking abilities than Frank ever has, as well as superior team defense. He's been dreadful as a scorer so far, but that's about it.

Oh I don't agree with this take at all. NAW is cost controlled for far longer than Jackson too which is a big deal to me. Jackson gets paid this coming summer (he's on the last year of his deal). NAW has 3 more years after this season.

If I'm projecting for the future I see NAW as having far higher potential than Jackson even if Jackson is the "better player" today.

I'll take it further. Frank is the most under-appreciated player on the team...period.

In his first year (actually first three years) in Orlando, JJ Redick, after a four year career at Duke, did not perform nearly as well as Jackson (who had only one year of college ball) did in his first year. Don't believe me? Check the stats. Nonetheless, Reddick has gone on to be a quality 13 year veteran despite only playing on one side of the court (does anybody doubt that Jackson is already a better defender?). Personally, even after acknowledging the lack of veteran leadership on this team, I would rather see Jackson get Redick's minutes than not. Thus far this year, there's more production in Frank's 18 minutes a game than in JJ's 24 minutes.

Redick's contribution to this team, when it all said and done, may well will be his trade value in February. His money would be better spent on Jackson and upping the ante for Ingram than on an his aging celebrity on this young team.
    Last edited by As I See It; 11-03-2019 at 08:07 PM.

I don't think people under appreciate Jackson. I certainly am happy of his development and have been impressed with his improvements this season. It's simply a matter of odd man out. Any guy we trade out of the group I listed actually hurts because they're all deserving to different degrees. The problem is you have to start making choices eventually to me NAW's 3 extra years of cost controlled contract is more valuable than Jackson on the last year of his deal.

I don’t think Frank is going to get that much of a deal this year at all ($12-$14M). His contract won’t be Asik bad either. I agree that Frank (like NAW) is far from a finished product, and he can take it up a notch when he is surrounded by better players.

NAW you can sell to another team as “up and coming”, and get a nice asset back. He hasn’t proven anything yet, and that’s why you can get more for him now.

Didi showing all those good signs

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    He looks great. He will do just fine replacing Moore

He's back at it

Watching this one live, will post some updates and hot takes as I watch

Lol, Ball just got *murdered* by a Bogut screen

Didi's good at positioning on the glass. He's not collecting many of the boards himself, but he's frequently boxing out and just being in the right place to give the board to the big

He's taking on the challenge of defending Ball regularly, and he's navigating a lot of these ball screens well.

Ball just struggling to finish, can't quite get all the way to the rim consistently with defense on him.

Ball's got such a great ability to pass off the dribble, that's something that not too many people have especially at his size

One thing I think Didi needs to work on is his off-ball awareness. Not always, he's had a few good plays there, but a good example is this. He's on Ball, on the right wing, and he turns his head to find the ball and as soon as he does, Lamelo cuts hard to the rim. Didi doesn't even notice he's gone until the balls in Lamelo's hands, and it's a layup.

Great drive from Didi, really got downhill, pulled two defenders over and then laid the dump off pass directly to Bogut, super smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Great drive from Didi, really got downhill, pulled two defenders over and then laid the dump off pass directly to Bogut, super smooth.
    Just did this again, caught the ball at the 3pt line, drove hard into the paint and hit the shovel pass off for the layup.

LaMelo just got a Tech for flopping.

The NBL gives technicals for flopping. Nice.

Here's that shovel pass I was talking about

Thread Information