Pelicans Report

Thread: Player Comparison Advanced Statistics

Pelicans Player Comparison Advanced Statistics

From a post by Pelicanidae I put together the attached table of advanced statistics. These data tell me that Holiday and Favors are good two-way players; Redick is good offensively, but weak defensively; Ball is good defensively, but weak offensively; while Ingram and Hart are only OK both ways, with Ingram better offensively and Hart defensively. All of this is conventional wisdom, except there is a lot of Ingram love that I don't get. I can update this table with other stats if people think they should be included to give a different/better picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NBA Pelicans Stats.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	6488

Haha, that's a really convenient little table! Good work.

Yep, your summary seems fairly accurate just by the advanced stats, and also just from a generous application of common sense. We all know Ball is a good defender, and that makes sense given his height and length at position + court vision and feel. We also all know he's a fairly weak offensive player due to his poor finishing, poor shooting, and poor FT shooting. It's fairly instinctual. Similarly, we all know that Jrue is an efficient scorer and talented facilitator with top tier defensive abilities. Maybe a few people will be surprised by him being the number 1 SG in the entire NBA by some measurements (PIPM, for example), but the idea that he's very very good isn't a big surprise to anyone.

I agree with you on the Ingram thing, but I don't need to explain why. This board has seen enough of my Ingram-scepticism
    Basketball.

Thread Information