Pelicans Report

Thread: Lopez tweet about Jrue

Lopez tweet about Jrue

Andrew Lopez
    @_Andrew_Lopez
    ·
    12m
    Around the facility, Jrue Holiday said the Pelicans have different vibe under David Griffin.

Also, after a couple of days being back in New Orleans, Holiday said “you can feel that we're going to be tough to deal with.”

"I feel like the whole vibe, the whole attitude in the facility and with the staff has just been different," Holiday told ESPN by phone on Tuesday. "It definitely feels like people are ready and excited. It's been like that ever since Griff has come into place."

"Everybody has the same mentality," Holiday said. "You can feel that we're going to be tough to deal with. We're kind of a younger group. But we can get after it every night."

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    Love the idea of Jrue being the leader of this team, one of the most underrated players in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Love the idea of Jrue being the leader of this team, one of the most underrated players in the league.
    I think some type of alpha dog just got unleashed last year with him having to put the team on his shoulders bc of the ad bs and I'm just insanely excited for him this year. I think he's gonna go off.

The Franchise
    Why doesn't he want to be a PG? I'm working from a limited sample size but I've never seen him not hold his own against all the elite PG's in the league. He's also a good decision maker and orchestrator in half court sets.

Why doesn't he want to be a PG? I'm working from a limited sample size but I've never seen him not hold his own against all the elite PG's in the league. He's also a good decision maker and orchestrator in half court sets.
    it's not that he doesn't want to he's just so much better off ball of you watched the year with rondo jrue was so good having a pass first pg and although he's not listed as pg he does handle the ball a lot also as point he looks to get everyone else more involved than his self. like I said all you have to do is go look at that season with rondo and see why you want him at the 2

He's much better attacking off a catch or as a secondary creator than initiating the offense and breaking someone down off the dribble. Not that he can't do those things, he's just more comfortable off ball and has been consistently more effective next to a more conventional point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    He's much better attacking off a catch or as a secondary creator than initiating the offense and breaking someone down off the dribble. Not that he can't do those things, he's just more comfortable off ball and has been consistently more effective next to a more conventional point guard.
    clearly you said it better than I appreciate it lol

The Franchise
    Thanks guys.. It was something I wondered about cause I've always seen him hold his own no matter who's in front of him.

Thanks guys.. It was something I wondered about cause I've always seen him hold his own no matter who's in front of him.
    Might be some shell shock. Once Demarcus Cousins hit a big 3, then the team made a big stop in the final seconds to set up a gw shot. Jrue came down court, started dribbling to set up the final play, then fumbled the ball out of bounds. No defensive pressure.

Then there was a similar instance against the Spurs where he got ripped by Kawhi at the end of another game the led to an L.

He just seems to play better without the pressure of running an offense all game.

Full article here

https://es.pn/2V0zx7D
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 09-17-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Worth noting that Lopez also tweeted this:

Which is huge. I had been asking about a week ago now whether we knew how Ingram and Ball had been in their recovery, and whether they'd been active in practise yet. With Lonzo, we had seen some clips that implied he was, but Ingram had been very quiet, so I had been wondering if everything was cool.

So to get this update saying they're both a full-go in workouts with the entire team, that's awesome to see. Very happy about that.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Worth noting that Lopez also tweeted this:

Which is huge. I had been asking about a week ago now whether we knew how Ingram and Ball had been in their recovery, and whether they'd been active in practise yet. With Lonzo, we had seen some clips that implied he was, but Ingram had been very quiet, so I had been wondering if everything was cool.

So to get this update saying they're both a full-go in workouts with the entire team, that's awesome to see. Very happy about that.
    seriously good news wish we could have video of the practice though lol at least some snippets

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    seriously good news wish we could have video of the practice though lol at least some snippets

Open practice is in only a couple of weeks, so we don't have to wait too long to see them in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Open practice is in only a couple of weeks, so we don't have to wait too long to see them in action.
    true

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Everyone on the roster, except for Didi, of course, is at the workouts.

Thread Information