Pelicans Report

Thread: SMoothie King Center still lacks our new players photos

SMoothie King Center still lacks our new players photos

I went to meet a sales rep. for a STH pick a seat day. I must say the arena is lacking some updated photos of our new players. In fact they still have Julius Jumpers in near Sec 117. Pics of the traitor still exist in the Arena. Outside the Arena obnoxious 20 year SKC plastered on the wall. Can we get some new pics for the season? How about some pics of Zion, Lonzo,Josh,Derrick, Brandon outside our arena?

It should not be that hard? Right?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 09-16-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Got a push notice. The annual Open Practice is October 5th but free tickets are limited.

Full season ticket holder and partial season ticket holders will have exclusive access to claim free tickets on Wednesday, Sept. 18 and the general public will have access on Thursday, Sept. 19.

Open practice offers fans a firsthand look at the 2019-20 Pelicans team and features appearances from the Pelicans Dance Team and the Pelicans Swoop Troop, in addition to giveaways. Concession stands will be open during the event.

Fans can download their free tickets at www.pelicans.com/openpractice. There is a limit of four tickets per person and seating is general admission.

Doors for the event will open at 5:00 p.m. Fans should enter through the Northeast ground, located adjacent to the Pelicans team shop on Dave Dixon Drive. Complimentary parking will be available in Garage #2 and Garage #5.

For those not able to attend, the practice will be streamed on Pelicans.com, the team app, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Twitch.

For more information on the Pelicans u

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Got a push notice. The annual Open Practice is October 5th but free tickets are limited.
    They switched it to evening. Cool. 11 am on a Saturday was rough.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They switched it to evening. Cool. 11 am on a Saturday was rough.
    Same time as LSU game? I thought they learned from this mistake?

Usually four hours away and tied down by my six kids....but my little brother gets married in NOLA on October 5th....so I might be able to swing it.

Someone nab be 8 of them free tickets? Lol
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Same time as LSU game? I thought they learned from this mistake?
    Nevermind it’s not on the day of Florida game. We should be good. Pack the SKC.

Update: Griff. Comes through again! Hip hip hooray.

Much better than that Witness Poster in Cleveland.

Much better than that Witness Poster in Cleveland.
    I prefer it symbolically. The entire "Witness" thing always struck me as a bit odd. A little egocentric. In reality I know that LeBron himself probably had very little input on his early career when he was still 18, 19, 20, and that much of the marketing then would have been guided by Nike and whatnot, so I'm not blaming LeBron personally. And by the time he was 30, it would be silly to throw out a decade of good marketing, so again, not gonna blame him. But just from an optics perspective, this idea that places LeBron on a pedestal, above other people, never to be seen as fully human but always something that we regular people just had to "Witness" never struck me well.

I much prefer the Zion poster, surrounded by other people including his little brother, and that UNITE branding is much better. Just feels so much more humble, so much more likeable and less imperious.

Obviously it's all just marketing and Jordan brand doesn't care about regular people anymore than Nike normally does, but it's just a better visual.
    Basketball.

Thread Information