Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Brandon Ingram Contract Extension

I say offer him now. It'll be cheaper to do so IMO; because, he is going to ball-out this year and will be in line to be able to command much more last year; leaving us in a bidding war that

he's growing up; albeit slowly, but still has an upside through the roof

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I say offer him now. It'll be cheaper to do so IMO; because, he is going to ball-out this year and will be in line to be able to command much more last year; leaving us in a bidding war that

he's growing up; albeit slowly, but still has an upside through the roof
    No bidding war, he is restricted. He can sign an offer sheet elsewhere, we match, let him walk, or S&T.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    No bidding war, he is restricted. He can sign an offer sheet elsewhere, we match, let him walk, or S&T.

thanks bro. Nevertheless, that offer sheet he signs elsewhere is going to be for a heck-of-a-lot more after this season as opposed to right now.

I know im assuming he will have a great year; but barring injury he will. The things/ nuances he has mastered in basketball for a guy his size were a lot more difficult to attain than a good jumper. That'll come. The reasons he was a second selection in the draft (his upside) - hasn't changed a bit. I think its possible he could be most improved player this year

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    thanks bro. Nevertheless, that offer sheet he signs elsewhere is going to be for a heck-of-a-lot more after this season as opposed to right now.

I know im assuming he will have a great year; but barring injury he will. The things/ nuances he has mastered in basketball for a guy his size were a lot more difficult to attain than a good jumper. That'll come. The reasons he was a second selection in the draft (his upside) - hasn't changed a bit. I think its possible he could be most improved player this year
    If he's willing to take that cheaper, good value contract now, then sure. But it's extremely unlikely that he will.

Why would he? He's seen a bunch of guys get paid recently who he probably doesn't think are better than him (even if they actually are, that's not the point) and we have Jaylen Brown rumoured to want the big deal. Now, Jaylen has been a better player than Ingram in a bunch of ways, but do you think Ingram is hearing those rumours about Browns demands and thinking "sure, I'll take less, he's better than me and deserves to be more highly paid"? Nooooope.
    Basketball.

Thread Information