Pelicans Report

Thread: Rockets gave Eric Gordon extension

Rockets gave Eric Gordon extension

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...each-545m-deal

Wow! So I’m guessing this is there 3rd man now?

I mean he’s earned it but by year 3 they will want out of that contract. He’s making more than Caris Levert. Just think about that for a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...each-545m-deal

Wow! So I’m guessing this is there 3rd man now?
    He's been their thrid man for a while now. He was starting for them half of last year and all through the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    I mean he’s earned it but by year 3 they will want out of that contract. He’s making more than Caris Levert. Just think about that for a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And? He has accomplished a lot more in his career than Levert has. Levert is all about potential at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    And? He has accomplished a lot more in his career than Levert has. Levert is all about potential at this point.
    LeVert is funny, cause he's 25. It's not like he's 21 and we just don't know what we have. He's 25 and is 'quite good' but not great, and has been injury prone.

At this point, it's less ''let's see where his potential goes'' and more ''let's see if he can play a full season''.
    Basketball.

Seen a lot of people on twitter getting mad because you ''can't give EG the max!!!''

Like, guys. It's not the max. It's less than half of the 10 year max. And the 4th year is only guaranteed if they win a championship or if he makes an All-Star team, and frankly, if he's making all-star teams then he's worth $20.9m, and if they win a chip, they won't care that much anymore.

Is it a great contract? Not at all, but it's not a horrible mistake either. They know what they're doing here.

It was a max extension. People get confused by what is allowed from contract extensions and what's allowed as a free agent.

Rockets gave Eric Gordon extension

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Cool got it. Which player would you rather have for the next 3 years? And if you say Gordon you are lying

Cool got it. Which player would you rather have for the next 3 years? And if you say Gordon you are lying
    Past history aside, Gordon is a safer bet than Levert.

If I'm the Rockets, Gordon. If I am the Pelicans, Levert.

Thread Information