Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It Really Is A New Era

It Really Is A New Era

The Three Amigos take in a Tulane game. Yeah sure AD was always showing up around town...ok maybe not.

Watching video of this reminded me that these three are still just college-aged kids. And I heard these guys just didn't show up. They interacted with the students. Hung out in the parking lot tailgating with Green Wave fans. This has loooooong term implications. First: Building a connection with a younger audience never hurts. Second, when these kids leave and head off in different directions, they have become (hopefully) huge Pelican fans - and it started last night.

Great work by the Pelicans and Green Wave, but even more impressed with these three. I wouldn't be surprised if these three weren't in Red Stick tomorrow night.

LINK
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

The guys are hanging out again!
    Basketball.

Every where these three show up, the home team dominates! Better be in the Dome, next Monday night.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    This is great to see and is very promising. Looks like these guys are really friends.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

No idea if this is the right thread for this, but I think it's at least not the wrong thread, since it's about the guy who is gonna usher in this new era: Zion Williamson.

Guys, I'm just watching back through a ton of clips that I had liked on twitter from draft people that I follow, and I just genuinely cannot believe we get to watch this guy play basketball every game for at least the next 4 years (health willing, fingers crossed).

This guy is just unbelievable. He's so, so, SO good.

Look at this pass from Zion to start the play. Tre Jones moves it on, because he's a very good secondary passer, but Zion's initial pass is bonkers. Off the dribble into a skip pass, over the defense. Ridiculous pace on it, and it lands right at Jones' catching spot. It's such a high level pass, it's something that guys who get as little ball-handling time as Zion did at Duke very rarely do, but he's so smooth with it and it just zips across the court before the defense can really react. By the time the defense can respond, it's after Jones has already moved it on.

Or this one. Like the description says, Zion's a bit late on his rotation (a rare mis-read for him), and when he recovers, he expects the ball-handler to go straight into the layup and doesn't anticipate the extra dribble, but still has the bounce and explosion to just erase the shot. As Zion matures and gets more experienced, he will stop making those errors (he already makes them much less than most other rookies) but the fact that he doesn't even have to worry about mis-reading at this point is so crazy.

We are going to see so much of this from Lonzo to Zion, it's going to be great.

And as a point of attack defender, come on?! This is just nuts. A guy who weighs 280lbs with this much muscle mass should not be this light on his feet, but he is. It's times like this that he resembles Draymond the most. Draymond has a different defensive posture, but that hopping motion looks pure Draymond, and it keeps the feet spaced relatively safely away from each other, which cuts down on the likelihood of getting your footwork crossed over. It's just smothering here, and Zion manages to keep the hands far away from a foul while completely denying the drive, or the pass. And that's against Jarrett Culver! Who is good!

Basically what he said. World of cardboard. For a brief moment, it was like Zion just phase shifted. This wasn't a flaw in his defense, either, that he had to jump like that: it wasn't even his rotation. Hunter's man had failed to rotate to him, leaving him wide open, and Zion was on the other side of the paint when Hunter caught the ball. In the time it took Hunter to shoot (and admittedly, Hunter's shot is a little slow but still) Zion had crossed the entire court and cleanly erased the three. No foul either.

This dude is the best.

We have hit the big time now. I thought it was a joke. Apparently they were wearing our jerseys.

Last edited by 13 - 3; 09-05-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Lonzo moved in, according to his recent interviews, on September 3rd. By September 5th, he's already getting involved in the community. That's pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Lonzo moved in, according to his recent interviews, on September 3rd. By September 5th, he's already getting involved in the community. That's pretty cool
    I've seen all these guys do more in one off season here than ad did in 7 years it's kinda crazy

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Who actually pays for all that?
    Is it Zo?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Is it Zo?
    I believe so, although I wouldn't feel confident enough in that to guarantee it.

And it continues...

Last edited by WildlifeAirGrp; 09-06-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Anyone who catches it in time, the Pelicans Instagram story right now is basically just Zylan Cheatham eating at various restaurants and getting very hype about it.

It's pretty funny.

We are two weeks into the College Football season in the deep south and I am still seeing Zion and Lonzo articles and videos shared everywhere. It is certainly a new era for the Pelicans!

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Is it Zo?
    Possible, also he may have a charitable foundation, or have one of his sponsors pay for it...or some combination of the above.

NAW present too!

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Every where these three show up, the home team dominates! Better be in the Dome, next Monday night.
    they Were there!!

They are undefeated at this point. From a marketing standpoint, this costs so little and has a huge impact on the perception and raising the excitement level of the general public - not just internet trolls like us.
    Last edited by WildlifeAirGrp; 09-10-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post

They are undefeated at this point. From a marketing standpoint, this costs so little and has a huge impact on the perception and raising the excitement level of the general public - not just internet trolls like us.
    It's actually NUTS how quickly the image of this franchise changed. Watching stuff like this gets me more and more hyped for this season.

They looked bored. They rather be in NY playing for Dolan. Those people won’t support them. The NBA will lose millions.

Sarcasm kidding of course! Funny how the media was back in June.

I know this is a kind of old video, it was taken at Summer League, but jesus

Zion wasn't even in his top condition here, and he just casually jogs up to the hoop and explodes into a 360 windmill, head nearly at the rim, with apparently zero effort.

His athleticism is unreal. There are so few human beings in the entire world who can do things like this.

Sheesh he wasn’t even trying.

He's on compound V.

Thread Information