Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Have y’all heard this story on Cousins?

'Cousins was either violent or stupid. Any sane or rational adult would have turned the discussion about the child being refused attending would have said "Fine I'm calling my attorney right now so he can record you are keeping my child from this special occasion." ANYTHING short of that is a threat.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Hahaha goddamn son...

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Hahaha goddamn son...
    Oop, figured it was a big enough thing to post a new thread, but you beat me to the update.

In any case, this is bad news for Cousins. The article alleges that he's also choked her in the past, and if that's true (which, frankly, given how quick he was to threats in this case, I can believe), then he needs to be taken seriously as a domestic abuser.
    Basketball.

Yikes! He may be in a heap of trouble. Given his recent injuries, if this turns out to be a valid complaint, his career could be over.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yikes! He may be in a heap of trouble. Given his recent injuries, if this turns out to be a valid complaint, his career could be over.
    Well, we all know he's not going to jail despite the warrant. He's far too rich, he'll just get community service or something. So if this is valid, then his career being over the least he deserves.

Edit: apparently in Alabama, this is only a class B misdemeanour so he wouldn't be likely to get much jail time anyway, but the point still stands.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 08-29-2019 at 04:14 PM.

People need to start realizing that threatening people with guns is a a big deal. It's not just a throw away line you use in a fight. Whatever you think about gun regulation and the 2nd Amendment, our cultural in general is just way too casual about firearms. Owning a gun is a big deal. Carrying a gun is an even bigger deal. Threatening to shoot someone with a gun is a very, very serious deal and you better be damn sure about the reason before you do it, otherwise...

can't wait to see the excuses used for this one I'm guessing it'll be a lot more of the she's a gold digger type of excuses

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Dang if he's really an abuser he belongs in prison, no doubt. This whole situation is sad and it reeks of a bad relationship gone worse. The audio was set up in my opinion to catch him being this emotional either to use against him for custody dispute or to send him to prison, being that she sent it straight to tmz...custody/spite but now both. The fact is really some women do in fact use kids to get back at the fathers when things don't work out, I've seen it time and time again, yet doesn't make it right for him to threaten to shoot her in the head obviously, but she definitely knew him, his emotions and decided to record the phone call. The fact that he said what he said during it though makes any point of hers seem valid. That was pretty, pretty dumb of him or just exposed the true him big time.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Dang if he's really an abuser he belongs in prison, no doubt. This whole situation is sad and it reeks of a bad relationship gone worse. The audio was set up in my opinion to catch him being this emotional either to use against him for custody dispute or to send him to prison, being that she sent it straight to tmz...custody/spite but now both. The fact is really some women do in fact use kids to get back at the fathers when things don't work out, I've seen it time and time again, yet doesn't make it right for him to threaten to shoot her in the head obviously, but she definitely knew him, his emotions and decided to record the phone call. The fact that he said what he said during it though makes any point of hers seem valid. That was pretty, pretty dumb of him or just exposed the true him big time.
    Think about it this way: how did she know that recording him would get her this kind of reaction?

Could someone do that to you? Could someone record you during an argument and get that response? Probably not. I know they couldn't get it from me. Even if you assume that she was purposefully trying to bait him into saying something bad, that still assumes that he is the kind of person who can rely on to make those kinds of statements and threats. If he was more in control of himself, then it would be impossible to make him say these things.

In fact, if he truly has abused her in the past, as she has alleged, then I don't blame her for recording the phone call whatsoever. When my father was abusing my mother, she was advised by the police to keep records of his episodes, note down threats he had made, etc. Whenever he left voicemails, she was advised to keep them, in case it would be later used as evidence. I would not be surprised if she had been advised, either by friends, or just from her common sense, to record phone calls from him if he has a history of making these things of threats.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Think about it this way: how did she know that recording him would get her this kind of reaction?

Could someone do that to you? Could someone record you during an argument and get that response? Probably not. I know they couldn't get it from me. Even if you assume that she was purposefully trying to bait him into saying something bad, that still assumes that he is the kind of person who can rely on to make those kinds of statements and threats. If he was more in control of himself, then it would be impossible to make him say these things.

In fact, if he truly has abused her in the past, as she has alleged, then I don't blame her for recording the phone call whatsoever. When my father was abusing my mother, she was advised by the police to keep records of his episodes, note down threats he had made, etc. Whenever he left voicemails, she was advised to keep them, in case it would be later used as evidence. I would not be surprised if she had been advised, either by friends, or just from her common sense, to record phone calls from him if he has a history of making these things of threats.

dont take my word for this,,you can look it up.....the choke part...she didnt get a restraining order,,press charges,,said he was a bad dad,,didnt say she wanted supervised visitation in the allegation...they investigated and found no physical evidence...so you can believe it happen or not....

now years forward and the dad want the son to live with him.....everyone one this board know when it comes to custody of kids and when a big check is attach to the kid,,majority of females will not want to give the kid up and fight dirty instead of sitting down and doing whats best for the kid... ..i believe boys should live with their dads at some point in their life if the dad is separated from the mom.....again this chick has not said that he is a bad dad to his son.....so i dont see a problem with the son living with his dad since he was with his mom for 7 years.........but again this is a custody thing and to me both of them are toxic to each other and bad co-parenting.....so for me its not hard to see that those two argue on the custody issue and say foul stuff to each other......now it seem that he is a good father to his son so to her its 50/50 in a custody battle....again they both are toxic to each other so now someone need an advantage for court.....we all know boogie is emotional and thats his weakness....they both are toxic people so now the games begin....it should not have been a problem why he couldnt have his son at his wedding on his special day.......knowing he is a emotional person, she caught him vulnerable the day before his wedding and played games withholding their son as a pawn knowing that she would get him to wild out and say something to use against him for her advantage and she did.....then she went to the court officials and played it for them.....then sold the recording to tmz for us to hear.....file for restraining order,,and said she feel comfortable with supervised child visitation.... checkmate....

some people will never know the feeling having their kid being withheld from them knowing they are a good father all because the adults dont know how to get along and do whats best for the kids.....withholding someone child from them is mental abuse to the highest level.....

to me boogie is a emotional lesbian and his own worst enemy and he brought this on himself but i also can see that this is both of the parents fault for not doing whats best for their son....boogie has not master the game of checkers and chess...she played chess friday night but again its sad because the son is the one who suffer in the end...

then its another part in this...she also said that boogie told her that he can have her off without getting his hands dirty and if i read it right,,it happen after the recording.......but imo she has to clean that part up because she played chess in recording him earlier but seems like she played checkers by not recording that threat....but true or not in look good in court all because of what he said in the recording....

like i said violence is not the answer so boogie was wrong...using a kid as a pawn against a good dad to his kid is not the answer and she was wrong.....its not hard for me to believe that both of them say some foul stuff to each other but she played chess and in the end the son will suffer....

anyway this is not pelican news and im done on this and if this is anyone interpreting im defending boogie then so be it....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    dont take my word for this.
    I won't, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    From what I understand (from the tmz report), she DID go directly to the police. TMZ got wind of the story from a routine check into court reports (fishing for dirt on famous prople).

I'm not directing this at you, but the tons of "gold digger", "set up", "manipulated him for a pay day" stuff is very troubling. It's also mostly conjecture and runs opposite of what has been reported so far.

Even if she did "set him up", it doesn't excuse what he did nor does it mean she is a gold digger or some manipulative shrew. Perhaps she felt that she needed hard proof while she was trying to protect herself (and child) from a very large, (definitely) aggressive, (possibly) abusive man, with enough money to avoid any charges or accusations she might try to bring against him?
    Last edited by Loco Hornet Fan; 08-29-2019 at 11:33 PM.

dont take my word for this,,you can look it up.....the choke part...she didnt get a restraining order,,press charges,,said he was a bad dad,,didnt say she wanted supervised visitation in the allegation...they investigated and found no physical evidence...so you can believe it happen or not....

now years forward and the dad want the son to live with him.....everyone one this board know when it comes to custody of kids and when a big check is attach to the kid,,majority of females will not want to give the kid up and fight dirty instead of sitting down and doing whats best for the kid... ..i believe boys should live with their dads at some point in their life if the dad is separated from the mom.....again this chick has not said that he is a bad dad to his son.....so i dont see a problem with the son living with his dad since he was with his mom for 7 years.........but again this is a custody thing and to me both of them are toxic to each other and bad co-parenting.....so for me its not hard to see that those two argue on the custody issue and say foul stuff to each other......now it seem that he is a good father to his son so to her its 50/50 in a custody battle....again they both are toxic to each other so now someone need an advantage for court.....we all know boogie is emotional and thats his weakness....they both are toxic people so now the games begin....it should not have been a problem why he couldnt have his son at his wedding on his special day.......knowing he is a emotional person, she caught him vulnerable the day before his wedding and played games withholding their son as a pawn knowing that she would get him to wild out and say something to use against him for her advantage and she did.....then she went to the court officials and played it for them.....then sold the recording to tmz for us to hear.....file for restraining order,,and said she feel comfortable with supervised child visitation.... checkmate....

some people will never know the feeling having their kid being withheld from them knowing they are a good father all because the adults dont know how to get along and do whats best for the kids.....withholding someone child from them is mental abuse to the highest level.....

to me boogie is a emotional lesbian and his own worst enemy and he brought this on himself but i also can see that this is both of the parents fault for not doing whats best for their son....boogie has not master the game of checkers and chess...she played chess friday night but again its sad because the son is the one who suffer in the end...

then its another part in this...she also said that boogie told her that he can have her off without getting his hands dirty and if i read it right,,it happen after the recording.......but imo she has to clean that part up because she played chess in recording him earlier but seems like she played checkers by not recording that threat....but true or not in look good in court all because of what he said in the recording....

like i said violence is not the answer so boogie was wrong...using a kid as a pawn against a good dad to his kid is not the answer and she was wrong.....its not hard for me to believe that both of them say some foul stuff to each other but she played chess and in the end the son will suffer....

anyway this is not pelican news and im done on this and if this is anyone interpreting im defending boogie then so be it....
    She was asking for supervised visitations.

And yes, continuing to write off and soften Cousins' behavior as simply "he's emotional" is essentially defending him. And it's gross (in my opinion).
    Last edited by Loco Hornet Fan; 08-29-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Hornet Fan View Post
    She was asking for supervised visitations.

And yes, continuing to write off and soften Cousins' behavior as "emotional" is essentially defending him. And it's gross ( in my opinion).
    Yeah, I completely agree with that final statement.

I'll also note that, and I could be remembering this wrong, I think Cousins does get days where the kid is with him anyway? I could just be misremembering this, so don't quote me as it being hard fact, but I'm pretty sure that I heard that he requested that the kid be there at his wedding on one of her days, because he had been an idiot and had scheduled his wedding on a day that he didn't have custody, and wanted her to give up one of her days for the wedding. Which is just silly, of course she isn't going to wanna do that, you should have picked a day where you had custody.

I believe that is correct (but I don't have the report in front of me either atm).

Lonzo just released a song about not having BMD so what's the source for their being problems? gossip?

This isn't that difficult...you don't get to say you're a "good dad" and also make threats against the life of the mother of your child. Those two things cannot coexist.

to me boogie is a emotional lesbian
    Unsure if I want to know what this means

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Hahaha goddamn son...
    LMFAOOOOOO chess not checkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Tbh any Dad would be mad in this situation, just not as mad as he was which defintely is a red flag that shows he may be an abuser. And of I wouldn't tell the mother of my child that but I've definitely heard violent threats or worse from people that was just BS said out of anger when people do extreme things. Does it make it right absolutely not, but people say crazy stuff when mad. Just in case if he would even harm her I'm glad she recorded him for protection. And If she did get abused in the past then I'm glad she caught him and recorded him and he should be prosecuted. But the fact that she held his kid from the wedding with no real good reason such as child abuse etc. then it seems like she used the kid as a pawn in a game or whatever. I've seen it time and time again I could be wrong but in the end because he said what he said, it makes whatever reason she recorded him for valid. He at least has emotional issues if not abused her before. Wishing them all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Hornet Fan View Post
    From what I understand (from the tmz report), she DID go directly to the police. TMZ got wind of the story from a routine check into court reports (fishing for dirt on famous prople).

I'm not directing this at you, but the tons of "gold digger", "set up", "manipulated him for a pay day" stuff is very troubling. It's also mostly conjecture and runs opposite of what has been reported so far.

Even if she did "set him up", it doesn't excuse what he did nor does it mean she is a gold digger or some manipulative shrew. Perhaps she felt that she needed hard proof while she was trying to protect herself (and child) from a very large, (definitely) aggressive, (possibly) abusive man, with enough money to avoid any charges or accusations she might try to bring against him?
    I never said she was a gold digger. At most possibly she just mad or whatever due to him getting married and using the kid to get back him due to the wedding situation. If she did go first to the police then my bad for not looking deeper into it. And it doesn't excuse what he said, as I said and really whatever reason she recorded was valid as it shows the dude in fact has issues worth calling the cops for. If it was due to past abuse then that's awesome that she did it and he's a nut. And it could be just him being a psycho, but the above situation happens a lot as well as abuse. If he is proved to be physically abusive then, hopefully he spends time in prison and she and her child is protected.

I understand that you didn't say that. I said that part of my post was not directed at you. I am sorry if that wasn't clear. I definitely wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.

I don't know these people, so I'm not sure, but I am not totally buying the "mad that he's getting married to someone else" thing as the reason for not wanting the kid to go to the wedding. I don't think any of us know enough about their personal lives to make assumptions about their motivations. From what I understand, she's been seeing an NFL player for years, so I don't think it's an obvious conclusion that she's jealous of or still hung up on Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    LMFAOOOOOO chess not checkers.
    Feels more like Monopoly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we have mugshots yet? Has he turned himself in yet?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Boogie better watch his mouth. He’s not endearing. He’s a bully and is a manchild. He threatened to put a bullet in her head. Who cares if she got under his skin. I can careless about the backstory because the recording is very revealing of how he intimidates and threatens violence. I think too many people give Cousins a pass. I’m glad he’s out for the season and I hope the LAKERS get crushed by Zion, Jrue, Lonzo, Ingram and Hart. I want an epic night of basketball. I love the PELS and NOLA. I’m glad we got rid of AD. Flush it out. I think we will beat the LAKERS when we play them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information