Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have y’all heard this story on Cousins?

Have y’all heard this story on Cousins?

Last edited by 13 - 3; 08-27-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Career done ? This is blowing up quick

https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-look...194924463.html

The Los Angeles Lakers are investigating allegations that All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins threatened his ex-girlfriend’s life if she did not allow their 7-year-old son to attend his wedding to Morgan Lang this past weekend, according to multiple reports.

“We are aware of the allegation involving DeMarcus Cousins and, of course, take this claim seriously,” the Lakers said in a statement

Dell Demps best move as Pelican General Manager: Waving Good-Bye to this dumpster fire.

Yeah, I've heard it.

Cousins' behaviour is unacceptable. I get that he was upset, and he has the right to be, but you cannot go around making threats like that. It's just not going to fly. That kind of thing is absolutely disgraceful, and frankly, if I knew someone was the kind of person who would make those threats I wouldn't want a kid around them either. That's worrying and says a lot about his character. Just a disgrace.

Even more disgusting is the number of people I've seen on Twitter rushing to defend him because she was being petty in the first place. Doesn't matter to me: maybe she had a good reason for it, maybe she didn't, I don't know, but even if she was being petty that doesn't excuse Cousins' response.

He should be ashamed of himself, and everyone defending him should be too. Appalling.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, I've heard it.

Cousins' behaviour is unacceptable. I get that he was upset, and he has the right to be, but you cannot go around making threats like that. It's just not going to fly. That kind of thing is absolutely disgraceful, and frankly, if I knew someone was the kind of person who would make those threats I wouldn't want a kid around them either. That's worrying and says a lot about his character. Just a disgrace.

Even more disgusting is the number of people I've seen on Twitter rushing to defend him because she was being petty in the first place. Doesn't matter to me: maybe she had a good reason for it, maybe she didn't, I don't know, but even if she was being petty that doesn't excuse Cousins' response.

He should be ashamed of himself, and everyone defending him should be too. Appalling.
    really shouldn't be surprised by the ppl on twitter lol twitter is trash and it's the beat places for those kind of ppl

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    really shouldn't be surprised by the ppl on twitter lol twitter is trash and it's the beat places for those kind of ppl
    Yeah, honestly, someone defending Cousins in this situation is a huge red flag that just screams of pretty deep underlying problems with women.

Yeah, honestly, someone defending Cousins in this situation is a huge red flag that just screams of pretty deep underlying problems with women.
    yeah and with out knowing the entire situation and I mean hey he could be in the right of being pissed but telling her hes gonna shoot her in the head? naaaah idk how you defend that

yeah and with out knowing the entire situation and I mean hey he could be in the right of being pissed but telling her hes gonna shoot her in the head? naaaah idk how you defend that
    Exactly, I get being annoyed, angry, frustrated, whatever. Obviously you want your kid at your wedding, that's totally fair to be upset at someone who is preventing that. But you just cannot threaten to shoot people in the head for it, that's just psychopathic.

And the whole ''oh well, she shouldn't have made him angry, she's a b***h, she shouldn't be refusing, she's just being petty, she deserves what's coming to her!'' angle is deeply, deeply disturbing. Tells me more about the person making the argument than it does Cousins or the woman in question.

completely agree.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Do you have kids?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Do you have kids?
    No, but I did have an abusive father and frankly threatening extreme violence on the child's mother for refusing contact rings more than a few bells.

What, you gonna tell me that if you have kids, suddenly threatening to shoot people is reasonable and justifiable?

Basketball Guru
    lonzo has baby momma drama also....his baby momma is bitter as hell but lonzo still defend her when people call her out......my thing with lonzo is that he just takes the abuse from her and hold it in..some point that frustration has to come out and i hope he dont find himself in a messed up situation....i think he uses basketball as a way to deal with his baby momma drama.....i think being in new orleans is the best thing for him and people think his dad is his problem.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lonzo has baby momma drama also....his baby momma is bitter as hell but lonzo still defend her when people call her out......my thing with lonzo is that he just takes the abuse from her and hold it in..some point that frustration has to come out and i hope he dont find himself in a messed up situation....i think he uses basketball as a way to deal with his baby momma drama.....i think being in new orleans is the best thing for him and people think his dad is his problem.....
    well what is he supposed to do go on a rant about her and make things worse? I mean it seems to me he's being an adult about the entire thing instead of just creating more drama for his self

No, but I did have an abusive father and frankly threatening extreme violence on the child's mother for refusing contact rings more than a few bells.

What, you gonna tell me that if you have kids, suddenly threatening to shoot people is reasonable and justifiable?
    People who have kids tend to get emotional if someone tries to take their child away. Cousins baby mama wants to make sure that he doesn't get custody of their child, hence why she was baiting him with the secretly recorded phone call and using their child as a pawn in the game.

Basketball Guru

i could be wrong but i think they are asking because bitter parents with kids do foul stuff to each other all the times....both male and females....and alot of people dont like to acknowledge that females do the same type of foul stuff when kids are involved.......people know cousins was wrong but some of those people knew why he said it because they are or went through the same stuff with a baby momma or baby daddy and thats real talk but some people are going to act like its not and only one sided.......

People who have kids tend to get emotional if someone tries to take their child away. Cousins baby mama wants to make sure that he doesn't get custody of their child, hence why she was baiting him with the secretly recorded phone call and using their child as a pawn in the game.
    And that makes it acceptable for him to threaten to shoot her in the head?

Listen to yourself. Demarcus Cousins, a grown adult with bordering on three decades of life experience, got into a dispute over whether his child would be allowed to attend his wedding, and his reaction was to threaten to blow someone's brains out, and your first instinct is to rush and try to justify that? Ask yourself what your priorities are.

For God's sake, maybe she's got a point: we don't know the ins and outs of their relationship, and if he's the type of guy in his private life to blow his top and threaten murder, then he SHOULDN'T be around kids in any capacity anyway. If she made that play to get him to react, then that means she knows his character well enough to expect him to make that kind of threat.

Basketball Guru
    well what is he supposed to do go on a rant about her and make things worse? I mean it seems to me he's being an adult about the entire thing instead of just creating more drama for his self

thats what im saying that lonzo handle his different damn......but i hope he dont go off and say something hard and find himself in a messed up situation.....

i could be wrong but i think they are asking because bitter parents with kids do foul stuff to each other all the times....both male and females....and alot of people dont like to acknowledge that females do the same type of foul stuff when kids are involved.......people know cousins was wrong but some of those people knew why he said it because they are or went through the same stuff with a baby momma or baby daddy and thats real talk but some people are going to act like its not and only one sided.......
    I'm not trying to speak on their relation as a whole. I don't know anything about it. Maybe it's 100% true that she is a horrible woman, who is conniving, backstabbing, cruel, capricious, manipulative, whatever. Maybe she was trying to bait him him to blowing up. Maybe she was using the child as a pawn in the game. Maybe. I don't know, and I can't say.

But even if all of that is true, you know as well as I do that Cousins reacted horribly. What he said is not justified, and the fact that the number 1 priority for a lot of these dudes is to rush to try and justify murder threats is a real problem. Anyone who sees this case and has the first instinct to justify Cousins threatening to blow someone's head off needs to be doing some reflection.

And if your past experiences with women lead you to that point, then you need therapy.

thats what im saying that lonzo handle his different damn......but i hope he dont go off and say something hard and find himself in a messed up situation.....
    if it's as bad as you say it is and he hasn't yet I doubt he will

I'm not trying to speak on their relation as a whole. I don't know anything about it. Maybe it's 100% true that she is a horrible woman, who is conniving, backstabbing, cruel, capricious, manipulative, whatever. Maybe she was trying to bait him him to blowing up. Maybe she was using the child as a pawn in the game. Maybe. I don't know, and I can't say.

But even if all of that is true, you know as well as I do that Cousins reacted horribly. What he said is not justified, and the fact that the number 1 priority for a lot of these dudes is to rush to try and justify murder threats is a real problem. Anyone who sees this case and has the first instinct to justify Cousins threatening to blow someone's head off needs to be doing some reflection.

And if your past experiences with women lead you to that point, then you need therapy.
    yeah I mean you can condemn him for what he said and still defend him for being angry about the situation but thinking what he said is okay is just nuts and you may need a therapist

And that makes it acceptable for him to threaten to shoot her in the head?

Listen to yourself. Demarcus Cousins, a grown adult with bordering on three decades of life experience, got into a dispute over whether his child would be allowed to attend his wedding, and his reaction was to threaten to blow someone's brains out, and your first instinct is to rush and try to justify that? Ask yourself what your priorities are.

For God's sake, maybe she's got a point: we don't know the ins and outs of their relationship, and if he's the type of guy in his private life to blow his top and threaten murder, then he SHOULDN'T be around kids in any capacity anyway. If she made that play to get him to react, then that means she knows his character well enough to expect him to make that kind of threat.
    My priority is the child. What is your priority?

Grown people are not immune from an emotional outburst when being separated from their children. The report specifically says that she wants to make it so Cousins can never have even partial custody of his son. Not wedding, not birthday, not holidays, not weekends.

Do you think the woman sounded frightened for her life in that recording? It didn’t sound to me like she believed Cousins would harm her. It sounded like she was pleased about being able to prevent his son from attending his wedding, and even more pleased about provoking an emotional response from him on tape.

and how exactly is threatening to shoot the kids mother in the head make the kid a priority?

Basketball Guru
    if it's as bad as you say it is and he hasn't yet I doubt he will

when someone keep doing things to you because you are not together anymore then play games with your kids and you keep defending her when outsiders call her out then she keep doing stuff...as a human you are going to get frustrated at some point because you are human...them emotions kick in and you dont know what will come out your mouth or what you would do.......to me lonzo uses basketball as his outlet and i hope whatever he is doing that has him dealing with it continual to keep him calm about it in my eyes.....but if he go off on her and say some crazy things to her,,alot of people would understand why and not judge him for it....

things happen between bitter parents and both sides say foul stuff when emotions kick in......like i said,,i just hope lonzo keep his cool...

My priority is the child. What is your priority?

Grown people are not immune from an emotional outburst when being separated from their children. The report specifically says that she wants to make it so Cousins can never have even partial custody of his son. Not wedding, not birthday, not holidays, not weekends.

Do you think the woman sounded frightened for her life in that recording? It didn’t sound to me like she believed Cousins would harm her. It sounded like she was pleased about being able to prevent his son from attending his wedding, and even more pleased about provoking an emotional response from him on tape.
    Like I said, I'm not speaking as to the details of the relationship. I don't know them, and neither do you.

Demarcus Cousins is a grown man. At damn near 30 years old, you should be not be reacting like that. I don't care if she was frightened or not. 29 year old adults with children need to be more mature, more controlled than that. Like bahmamamba said, how on earth is threatening to shoot her in the head at all helpful for his case? How does that help anyone? It doesn't. It's just the result of someone with real emotional issues and a lack of self control, and that's frankly not good enough for someone trying to be a father.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if you listen to a man threatening to blow a woman's brains out, and your first priority is to try and justify it, then you need to re-arrange your priorities. Your way of processing reality is jacked up. And if you think it's justified because she may or may not be a bad person as well, then you need therapy. And if you're 29 years old and have so little self control that you're threatening to paint walls with brain matter, then for God's sake, you need therapy too, because you are not in control of yourself.

and how exactly is threatening to shoot the kids mother in the head make the kid a priority?

The kid having a relationship with his father is in the best interest of the child. Cousins emotional outburst in response to the mother’s actions was unfortunate and ill advised, although extreme anger and frustration should be expected I’m sure he wishes he had the wherewithal to have expressed it differently in the heat of the moment.

Thread Information