Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boogie tore ACL

Boogie tore ACL

Sham just tweeted it.

The house of cards is falling.

Should of taken that 40 million Boogie.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-15-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Yeah, I put it in the FA thread, but more people will probably see it in its own thread.

That's a ruptured Achilles, a torn quad, and a torn ACL in under 2 years. His legs have just quit on him. He's the new D Rose, and with another 70lbs of weight to deal with on a 7 inch taller frame.

He could be done. He looked awful after coming back from the Achilles, he's gonna be even worse after this.

Lakers fans put too much on his shoulders expecting him to come back top form to help their woeful squad and now he's just out probably for the year.
    Basketball.

I have never been more happy to be wrong about needing to resign Cousins to keep AD.

Well, maybe not wrong about it, AD might not have requested out last year if we signed Cousins. I'm just super happy we chose to go a different path and hold firm with our offer to him.

I want to say Karma, but that seems petty. I'll say it anyway. Maybe by his next injury I will start to feel sorry for him.

Turns out he wasn't very good at chess

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Turns out he wasn't very good at chess
    Or checkers.

This might even be AD's karma and it's just spread to Cousins. I'm still waiting for his heartfelt message to fans...

Lakers now rolling out a centre lineup (with AD refusing to play centre) of ... Who?

Lakers now rolling out a centre lineup (with AD refusing to play centre) of ... Who?
    Javale McGee is the only center left on the Lakers roster.

Zaza, Nene, and Noah are still free agents, so they will likely have to sign one.

If AD leaves LA after next year, I'm quitting my job and just living outside the SKC

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Javale McGee is the only center left on the Lakers roster.

Zaza, Nene, and Noah are still free agents, so they will likely have to sign one.
    Can they? They're well over the salary cap, so it would absolutely have to be a vet min guy, but do they have the roster slots? How many dudes do they have signed? Gotta be at least 13, right?

Can they? They're well over the salary cap, so it would absolutely have to be a vet min guy, but do they have the roster slots? How many dudes do they have signed? Gotta be at least 13, right?
    Cousins can be cut and then they can sign a vet minimum deal.

Amare Stoudimire redux. Legs just fell out from under him mid career.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Cousins can be cut and then they can sign a vet minimum deal.
    You think they're gonna just cut him? I mean, maybe, but that would be super harsh. They do probably have to go the cutting route, but they're so thin on quality players at basically every position that almost any cut will hurt as much as it helps.

If you had told someone in 2017 that in 2019, it would be a perfectly reasonable suggestion to just cut Boogie from a team in favour of someone like Zaza Pachulia, they would have called you insane. Crazy how fast things can change.

You think they're gonna just cut him? I mean, maybe, but that would be super harsh. They do probably have to go the cutting route, but they're so thin on quality players at basically every position that almost any cut will hurt as much as it helps.

If you had told someone in 2017 that in 2019, it would be a perfectly reasonable suggestion to just cut Boogie from a team in favour of someone like Zaza Pachulia, they would have called you insane. Crazy how fast things can change.
    If they want better optics, I'm pretty sure the Lakers can apply for an injury exception and technically keep Boogie on the roster without him counting against one of the 15 spots.

I think I've finally understand our injuries woes.

AD got that injury Voodoo. About every person he associate with gets injuried. Pelicans for 7 years. Coincidence... I think not..

My first impulse was to make a meme superimposing Boogie's head over Gob's from Arrested Development with the line "Hello Darkness, my old friend".

While searching through Boogie images, I was overwhelmed with pity. Any slight that he paid to us didn't deserve career ending retribution. So now I just feel for the guy.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    My first impulse was to make a meme superimposing Boogie's head over Gob's from Arrested Development with the line "Hello Darkness, my old friend".

While searching through Boogie images, I was overwhelmed with pity. Any slight that he paid to us didn't deserve career ending retribution. So now I just feel for the guy.
    I solve the issue by thinking about Demarcus Cousins the individual as slightly different from Boogie Cousins, the NBA player and public figure.

Do I feel bad for Demarcus Cousins, the individual? Kinda, obviously this many injuries is a terrible gauntlet to have to run through, and each of them must be extremely painful. Don't wish that kind of pain on anyone, really. Or at least, not many people, and certainly not over basketball.

Do I feel bad for Boogie Cousins, the NBA player, who has earned north of $80m in his career and is set for life whether he ever plays another minute of basketball or not, and who was publicly dishonest and conniving about the Pelicans in a cynical career boosting attempt? Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    If they want better optics, I'm pretty sure the Lakers can apply for an injury exception and technically keep Boogie on the roster without him counting against one of the 15 spots.
    If I'm not mistaken that only gives you open roster spots after a certain number of injuries. I'd have to go look again but I think you need 5 injured players before you are given an extra roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If I'm not mistaken that only gives you open roster spots after a certain number of injuries. I'd have to go look again but I think you need 5 injured players before you are given an extra roster spot.
    If I'm correct, you also only get as an exception allowing for the signing of a player for half of the salary of the player being exempted (or the sum of the MLE, depending on which is lower: in this case, half of Cousins salary is lower), which in this case is barely above the minimum. Not like it's gonna let them bag anyone noteworthy.

Lakers sign Melo now? I

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Lakers sign Melo now? I
    I hope so. Between Melo, AD, and Lebron, they're gonna defeat the Clippers by the force of 16 foot jumpers.

If I'm correct, you also only get as an exception allowing for the signing of a player for half of the salary of the player being exempted (or the sum of the MLE, depending on which is lower: in this case, half of Cousins salary is lower), which in this case is barely above the minimum. Not like it's gonna let them bag anyone noteworthy.
    Yes I forgot for players that are considered lost for the year you do get an exception if their injury occurs before I think the trade deadline.

Good thing we did not offer him that contract or he denied it whatever it was we avoided disaster.

Gotta say, as much as I hate these injuries for Boogie as a person, and I feel awful for him that he has to deal with both the pain and yet another rehab process, which itself can be painful and inconvenient, takes like this:

drive me up the wall.

It's just so fake, so performative. The cruelest? Really? The cruelest thing you can possibly imagine is for an exorbitantly wealthy celebrity to not be even more exorbitantly wealthy, and to have a painful but not even remotely life threatening injury?

Come on.

Thread Information