Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 NBA Schedule - New Orleans Pelicans

Pelicans 2019-20 NBA Schedule - New Orleans Pelicans

So now we know. More information may be leaked in advance, that's often the case, and in fact we already know a couple of games (Vs Raptors opening night, Vs Lakers November 27th, Vs Nuggets Christmas Day), but the full official schedule is due on Monday.
    Basketball.

Looks like the Raptors have found a way to bump Elton John, and WILL be starting at home. That sucks for us, but isn't too surprising. Wonder how they managed to get Elton John to move, the logistics around that decision must be baffling.

Game might be played at Rogers Centre Skydome. Where they played inaugural season.At least that is the rumor.

Elton John's concert is still schedule that night at Scotiabank so they might be playing at the Skydome. The parking will be crazy that night buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by KennaBrah View Post
    Elton John's concert is still schedule that night at Scotiabank so they might be playing at the Skydome. The parking will be crazy that night buddy.
    That's so strange. It's extremely weird to me to play Game 1, your title game, in a completely different arena, and then to just go back to your normal one. How is that different from playing an away game, at least in atmosphere and significance?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's so strange. It's extremely weird to me to play Game 1, your title game, in a completely different arena, and then to just go back to your normal one. How is that different from playing an away game, at least in atmosphere and significance?
    NHL has been doing it for years. Look up NHL Stadium Series

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    NHL has been doing it for years. Look up NHL Stadium Series
    Maybe it would be different if this was a normal thing for the NBA, but it's not. Game 1, where they get their rings, is gonna happen in another building that they will then never return to. It's not like there's a bunch of teams who do this, or like the Raptors will be doing it again. It's just a random one-off, contrived for the sole purpose of letting the Raptor's have their ring ceremony on opening night at home. Except it's not at home. It's just kind of strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Maybe it would be different if this was a normal thing for the NBA, but it's not. Game 1, where they get their rings, is gonna happen in another building that they will then never return to. It's not like there's a bunch of teams who do this, or like the Raptors will be doing it again. It's just a random one-off, contrived for the sole purpose of letting the Raptor's have their ring ceremony on opening night at home. Except it's not at home. It's just kind of strange.
    The fans get to see them get the ring ceremony which is probably who the whole spectacle is for anyway. I mean the players would probably just as much prefer getting them in a private ceremony at the practice facility or some fancy venue. At least this way it's on opening night in the correct country for their sake. Now they get two nights to celebrate the title, one for the rings on opening night and then the first home game in Scotiabank when they raise the banner.
    #FREEQUAIL

I only just remembered because I literally saw the thread that there is already a 2019-20 Schedule thread. I've even posted in it. I have the worst memory ever, sometimes, honestly. I guess this thread still makes sense since it's less speculative and we know when the schedule is coming out and everything but wow, forgetful much?

Nba schedule comes today. I hope we can land a Saints and Pelicans double header in Oct/Nov/Dec. Planning a trip back home and it would be dope... Probably be trashed before the Pelicans game start tho. Lol

About 2.5 hours away from the schedule dropping, if my understanding of CT is anywhere near correct. Hyped up

10 minutes fellas

The Zion effect.

Schedule is FULLY RELEASED.

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pe...ented-seatgeek

The Pelicans’ longest home stand is a four game stretch from April 7-13 when New Orleans will play host to Charlotte, Phoenix, Philadelphia and Washington. Conversely, New Orleans has three four-game road trips during the season – from Dec. 18-25 with stops in Minnesota, Golden State, Portland and Denver; March 8-14 with stops in Minnesota, Sacramento, Utah and Los Angeles (Clippers); and March 29 through April 5 with contests in Orlando, Atlanta, Washington and San Antonio.

Some pretty nasty road trips there. Golden State, Portland, and Denver in a road trip, SAC, Utah, and Clips in a road trip.

Luckily, Orlando, Atlanta, Washington should be a pretty easy couple of games.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 08-12-2019 at 02:10 PM.

And the full schedule, in all of it's glory.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    One of the highlights for me is seeing when the Pels are coming my way. This year it sucks! Gotta wait until April for them to come to DC. I would go to Philly but I am going to be on vacation around that time. Hopefully everyone is healthy and we are in the middle of a playoff run in April. That'll make it more fun.

So from 13 national TV appearances last year after a 2nd round exit to 30 this year because of Zion.

The Jazz will be on 16 times, the Rockets 38 times,

Lots of our nationally televised games come pretty early in the season. The final stretch is pretty empty in that regard, but you've got to imagine that some of them get grabbed if we're still in the playoff race come March or so.

Another added benefit of this schedule is that, while it's pretty rough at spots, the final 15 game stretch is fairly soft. If we're still in the playoff hunt, that's a nice skid of games to help us inflate our record: we're playing Memphis, NY, Orlando, Atlanta x2, Washington x2, Phoenix, and Charlotte in that stretch. That's 9 out of 15 games that could be easy wins depending on how our momentum is looking at that point, and even San Antonio (who we play 3 times in that span) and Sacramento aren't impossible wins either.

Pels are not going to be jet setting this year: we are below average in terms of miles travelled, and we fly the fewest in the West outside of LA.

Important to note that we play Golden State three times before January. On one hand, that's a real slap in the face. On the other hand, that means 3 of our 4 GS matchups will be pre-Klay's return, which is nice.

Yas...

Nov 8. Vs. Raptors
    Nov 9 vs. Bama
    Nov 10 vs. Falcons

Potential to be a mega-Trinity weekend of epic disappointment

I'm So so sad that we have 30 national television games. That's nearly half the season we won't get to hear Joel Myers...

Thread Information