Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans Preseason Schedule

Pelicans Preseason Schedule

This makes me believe that Toronto game will be in Toronto. Elton John may reschedule
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I feel like it would make a little more sense to not be traveling all over the country in preseason. Can they really not find 5 meaningless games with teams in their area. Just playing each team in your division once would make sense. With how many games they have to play I just feel like traveling especially in preseason should be minimized as much as possible. Would have been nice to have 1 more home game.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    This makes me believe that Toronto game will be in Toronto. Elton John may reschedule
    John is on a multicity three month North American tour from September to November - look at the schedule - it is coordinated just tight enough to allow for the transport and assembly of a two stage set from town to town. After which John goes Australia and back to Europe. Toronto is a back to back with one day off then a show on the 25th in Indianapolis. John's people are likely not going to agree to shift the concert a day as that would mean the 72 yr old would have to perform 3 days in a row. Also transpo would then only have 72 hours to get the stage across the Canadian border and 750 miles to Nashville for the next gig. Rescheduling is not an option, it is the show on the 22nd or cancel.

AEG (one of the largest promoters in the world), in partnership with Ticketmaster, have spent millions on advertising and sold out both dates on the 22nd and 23rd. They have iron clad contracts for the arena and with Elton John on these dates.

In order to cancel this event, the NBA would have to cough up the appearance fee for Elton John (paid $1.5 million per night) and all the 20,000 ticket holders who paid average $200-500 (Canadian) to be at this event say $5 million. Also AEG and Ticketmaster would want to be reimbursed for their expenses and projected profits and likely charge the NBA extra for the inconvenience.

Conservative, $15 million to get them to back out of the contract.

I am 100% certain that game is going to be in New Orleans.

That's not happening imo

They may be reigning champions, but Elton John is Elton John. He's on an absolutely massive farewell tour before retiring, and the amount of detail and planning that goes into a tour like that is beyond mind boggling. He's not going to reschedule for anything short of the arena burning down.
    Basketball.

Can you feel the love?

WOW!!!!! 2 of our 5 games on national TV.[I][U][U]

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pe...ional-tv-slate
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 08-22-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Bol Bol is not impressed

https://clutchpoints.com/nuggets-new...ing-christmas/

“The Pelicans aren’t even going to be that good,” Bol said. He wasn’t surprised the Nuggets are scheduled to play, but was expecting them to play a conference competitor such as the Portland Trailblazers or Utah Jazz. Bol skimmed through the rest of the Christmas Day matchups and was not impressed. “The Celtics are playing too? Why?” he said.
    Last edited by luckyman; 08-22-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Alot of talk from a guy that fell to the mid-second because of questionable work ethic and attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Alot of talk from a guy that fell to the mid-second because of questionable work ethic and attitude.
    Yeah... If I entered the NBA draft and went 44, I'd have a chip on my shoulder and put all of my effort into the game to prove people wrong about me. My focus would be on myself and reaching those standards. I wouldn't be taking pot shots at other teams: those kind of shots just feel petty and pathetic coming from someone who hasn't proved anything. Better to keep quiet and show them why they were wrong to pass on you.

Did Bol2 have questionable work ethic or was the reason he dropped because of his injury?

I thought it was only the injury issue but maybe I missed the issues with work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Did Bol2 have questionable work ethic or was the reason he dropped because of his injury?

I thought it was only the injury issue but maybe I missed the issues with work ethic.
    I was unaware of this pre-draft, having not done too much work on Bol aside from watching his games because of the injury, but there are apparently real rumours that he doesn't really love the game that much, and doesn't really dedicate himself to it as seriously as you might like. Obviously whether that's true or not is yet to be seen, and maybe being passed over in the draft lights that fire in him, but yeah, there are apparently serious character concerns where the game is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

A lot of questions as to how dedicated he is to the game and if he really loves it. Many thought he was going through the motions. That, coupled with his injury issues caused him to drop.

Ah that makes sense. I didn't know about the rumors with him but I didn't follow anyone closely this year. Thanks.

That show has been rescheduled. Elton John may have clout but he ain't got reach like THAT. Dont nobody care about a 72 year old on a farewell tour lol. https://www1.ticketmaster.com/elton-...00546AB90A3240

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    That show has been rescheduled. Elton John may have clout but he ain't got reach like THAT. Dont nobody care about a 72 year old on a farewell tour lol. https://www1.ticketmaster.com/elton-...00546AB90A3240
    I mean, sure he rescheduled, but imagine saying the nobody cares about Elton John's farewell tour

The tour started in September of last year, had grossed over $125 million by March, is made up of over 300 shows (the first 60 of which sold out within 24 hours of tickets opening), and has packed out literally every venue it's played at.

People care about Elton John's farewell tour, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    John is on a multicity three month North American tour from September to November - look at the schedule - it is coordinated just tight enough to allow for the transport and assembly of a two stage set from town to town. After which John goes Australia and back to Europe. Toronto is a back to back with one day off then a show on the 25th in Indianapolis. John's people are likely not going to agree to shift the concert a day as that would mean the 72 yr old would have to perform 3 days in a row. Also transpo would then only have 72 hours to get the stage across the Canadian border and 750 miles to Nashville for the next gig. Rescheduling is not an option, it is the show on the 22nd or cancel.

AEG (one of the largest promoters in the world), in partnership with Ticketmaster, have spent millions on advertising and sold out both dates on the 22nd and 23rd. They have iron clad contracts for the arena and with Elton John on these dates.

In order to cancel this event, the NBA would have to cough up the appearance fee for Elton John (paid $1.5 million per night) and all the 20,000 ticket holders who paid average $200-500 (Canadian) to be at this event say $5 million. Also AEG and Ticketmaster would want to be reimbursed for their expenses and projected profits and likely charge the NBA extra for the inconvenience.

Conservative, $15 million to get them to back out of the contract.

I am 100% certain that game is going to be in New Orleans.
    Got a spare million or two laying around?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, sure he rescheduled, but imagine saying the nobody cares about Elton John's farewell tour

The tour started in September of last year, had grossed over $125 million by March, is made up of over 300 shows (the first 60 of which sold out within 24 hours of tickets opening), and has packed out literally every venue it's played at.

People care about Elton John's farewell tour, lol
    I'm sure people care, but not like that, is what I was saying. I didnt even know the tour been going on that long. Nobody even mentioned it really until the NBA schedule came out. I wouldnt want to see a 72 year old in concert, but that's just my opinion. Its clearly thousands of people who have a different one.

Thread Information