Pelicans Report

Thread: Carmelo Anthony. Bring him here? Why not?

Carmelo Anthony. Bring him here? Why not?

I’m watching him on ESPN. Why not bring him here? He would be a great motivator for Zion. Melon is obviously humbled right now. He is desperate for work. Why not bring him here ? It was be a plus and not a minus for us! I feel for Melo believe it or not. He should have a job in NBA.

Hard pass, which Carmelo has trouble doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Hard pass, which Carmelo has trouble doing.
    I see what you did there.

We have a full roster and no need for a chucker who plays no defense and has no concept of how to fit into an offense that doesn't revolve around isos and jab steps. No upside and a ton of downside. The hardest of passes.

Cuz he sucks?

Unless you mean he'd be a motivator for Zion in a cautionary tale sort of way, which, even then, I think could be accomplished without having him anywhere near the roster.

I would google a Chauncey Billups' Interview from a few months back and listen. Chauncey's analysis was completely honest and without malice. He really put in perspective Carmelo's career and personality.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Melo's tryna do his apology tour. Then he'll go back to same old Melo once he gets a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Cuz he sucks?

Unless you mean he'd be a motivator for Zion in a cautionary tale sort of way, which, even then, I think could be accomplished without having him anywhere near the roster.
    I don’t think he suks. I think those clauses he puts in contracts rubs GM’s the wrong way.

Because he's not good at basketball in the year 2019 and is a proven locker room issue. Others have mentioned Billups' interview, so I won't go into too much detail there, but it's basically accurate.

Love his dedication though. Man will not stop posting videos of him doing slow-mo 18 footers over nobodies in gyms, as if by the force of the mediocre midrange he will push his way back into the league.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He won’t adapt. His days of being the #1 option are years in the rearview. And he won’t stop looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    He won’t adapt. His days of being the #1 option are years in the rearview. And he won’t stop looking.
    It's the Allen Iverson syndrome. Most of us love Iverson, he was iconic, he did so much despite his shortcomings, and he's a legend for good reason. But the end of his career was ugly, partially because he didn't find it in himself to accept that secondary role as his game faded. Carmelo is the same, without ever having reached the NBA heights that Iverson did.

History repeats itself: first as tragedy, secondly as farce.

The Franchise
    He'd be great in the Big3 league.. I know he'd rather not but it would be a good marriage.

Nope.

This is a 3 and D era now more than ever and unfortunately he might have the 3 but he doesn’t have the Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    Nope.

This is a 3 and D era now more than ever and unfortunately he might have the 3 but he doesn’t have the Defense.
    He doesn't have the 3 either. He's a career 32.8% three point shooter, and he hasn't shot 36% or better since 2013-14. He's only taken around 11% of his total threes since 2010 in the corners (the most efficient spot), and he's only shot 36.5% on them over that stretch too. That's not great.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    He is a giant pain in the ******, and not worth it. Griff is trying to build a culture here, and Carmelo ain't it.

Plus, who are you gonna take playing time from?

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    He is a giant pain in the ******, and not worth it. Griff is trying to build a culture here, and Carmelo ain't it.

Plus, who are you gonna take playing time from?
    For me, Carmelo is really helpful as a litmus test type player.

There are some players in the NBA where all I need to know about you is what you think about these players, and that tells me 90% of what I need to know about whether we're going to agree on anything basketball related.

If you still think Carmelo is a great player, that's all I need to know about your judgement.
    If you think Wiggins is a great player, that's all I need to know.
    If you think Draymond Green is overrated, that's all I need to know.
    If you think Lebron's one of the worst defenders in the basketball world (Even last year) that's all I need to know
    If you have Kobe top 5 all time, that's all I need to know.

Just basic litmus tests of quality.

the boat is full....maybe next season.

Thread Information