Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 NBA schedule

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    oh look grown add person. using butthurt nope you aren't a good little troll ate ya champ

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    No it was the Bucs. Game got moved flexed to 325 pm in 2016

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/new...5-p-m-18255964

I can give you the complaining links on TIgerdroppings and SR if you would like?
    Two years ago is 2017 fam

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    No it was the Bucs. Game got moved flexed to 325 pm in 2016

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/new...5-p-m-18255964

I can give you the complaining links on TIgerdroppings and SR if you would like?
    Did you mention that the Saints were 6-8 at that point and had less than a 6% chance to make the playoffs? Context is everything & you didn't provide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's true. I remember last season, we had a pretty brutal start to the year and everyone (including me) was desperate to try and find a stretch of the year where we might have an easy run and just pick up a bunch of wins. If I remember correctly, we basically found that the schedule was iron-clad until February, then we had a run of about 15 decent games, and then it was back to being stupidly difficult until basically the last week of the year It was really frustrating.
    I think we also had the most btb and longest road trips. One of the 2 teams that had 5 games in 7 days too...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-opening-night

We are on opening night against the Raptors.

Us against the defending Champs on opening night with banner drop, Early season AD return before team can jell, Christmas in Denver.

Really catching those "I don't like you" vibes from the schedule makers.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-03-2019 at 01:11 PM.

IMO they should never have back to backs. Just not enough rest especially during such a long season.

That Lakers/Clippers game will be underwhelming considering Paul George probably wont play.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    You really throwing 'ever' out there when the playoffs and Gleason game exist?
    Yes, ever is a long time. So I will add "might have been one of the" before loudest games ever. But there was one point in that game, when the Birds had the ball and it got noticeably deafening.

Let's make the SKC like that this year.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

Us against the defending Champs on opening night with banner drop, Early season AD return before team can jell, Christmas in Denver.

It's kind of weird, because you can take it either way.

You can say, wow, we have a home game on opening night against the defending champs?! AND a Christmas day game? AND we play on November 27th, the night before Thanksgiving, for Davis' return game? Wow. They really are giving us all the big spots, they must love us.

Or you can say, wow, they're throwing us against the defending champs on opening night, then feeding us to the second best team in the West on Christmas? AND they're giving us AD's return to NOLA on November 27th? Do they just wanna see us get fed into the wood chipper?

And both perspectives have some merit
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That Lakers/Clippers game will be underwhelming considering Paul George probably wont play.
    Why do you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

You got to win and then you earn those slots. Last season was not that great. Same for NFL . I think ESPN(Lebron Sports Network )does have some sort of Flex beginning in March.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 08-03-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Why do you say that?
    Didn't he have surgery just after the season ended? Might be something to do with that.

I kinda like how the Pelicans getting tons of hate from other jealous fans.

Get used to it morons.

Why do you say that?
    Because George had shoulder surgery and supposedly wont be ready opening night. Clippers fans kinda salty they shoving the two teams together so soon for that reason.

Now, grain of salt...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...avericks-is-in

According to a source who has seen the Mavericks schedule rough draft, Dallas will open the season on Wednesday, Oct. 23 at home against the Washington Wizards. According to the source, the Mavericks' second game will be on Friday, Oct. 25 at New Orleans and the game is scheduled to air nationally on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Because George had shoulder surgery and supposedly wont be ready opening night. Clippers fans kinda salty they shoving the two teams together so soon for that reason.

Now, grain of salt...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...avericks-is-in
    Lol it seems like leaking the schedule with little discoveries everyday is Silvers new hype creation. It’s a good strategy. People are hype for the season next year.

My God the victim complex some of y'all have.... we got Christmas, opening night, and what looks to be a ton of nationally televised games and somehow that's because the league hates us? Y'all sound ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    My God the victim complex some of y'all have.... we got Christmas, opening night, and what looks to be a ton of nationally televised games and somehow that's because the league hates us? Y'all sound ridiculous
    Exactly. This is our opportunity to shine. Catch teams off guard. Pack the SKC early in the season. Get the place rockin'. Roll into April with a shot at a higher seed than 8. Go ballistic that 1st round. Play out of our minds the 2nd round. Steam roll our way into the conference finals. Have Shaq, Charles, Kenny and Ernie set up over at Championbs Square and rock the casbah!

Gotta play in Toronto sometime. Might as well be early.

they hate us cause they aint us

This is nothing! It happens every single game when we are losing and even if winning. Somehow every ref in the NBA has a grudge against us.. I don’t understand how anybody can complain about this schedule so far. We have to play these teams either way so I don’t see how being on national TV or when the game is changes anything. If anything the NBA is doing good by us with these games.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-06-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Gotta play in Toronto sometime. Might as well be early.
    The game isn't in Toronto, it's in New Orleans. Scotiabank Arena is already booked that night for an Elton John concert.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The game isn't in Toronto, it's in New Orleans. Scotiabank Arena is already booked that night for an Elton John concert.
    That's just so weird that they would start the defending champs on the road. I know Kawhi isn't there anymore, but they deserve the respect at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    That's just so weird that they would start the defending champs on the road. I know Kawhi isn't there anymore, but they deserve the respect at least.
    Yeah, it is kinda strange, but I guess the NBA had to make a choice: either they get their first game at home, or they get to play opening night. Couldn't be both. So if they got to play at home, people would be saying ''oh come on, the reigning champs can't even get a game on opening night?!''. Lose-lose situation.

Players do check that schedule and they get excited for the national tv games for that bigger stage. Especially for the home team.

Well at least the Foxsports broadcasts have better production trucks than the Cox trucks.

NAW is playing for the Canadian team at the world cup.

And NBA schedule supposed to be out today.

Thread Information