Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How David Griffin Rebuilt the Pelicans and His World

How David Griffin Rebuilt the Pelicans and His World

After a miserable exit in Cleveland, David Griffin found a new home in New Orleans where he took on the task of rebuilding Gayle Benson's Pelicans during the Anthony Davis trade saga. With phenom Zion Williamson on board and a core of veterans hungry for a playoff push, the team down in the Bayou will be one of the most talked about in the NBA this upcoming season.
    https://www.si.com/nba/2019/08/01/da...ames-cavaliers

Solid article and long read, but real good look at Griff.

That is one of the best articles I have ever read about the Pelz from a national publication.

Thats a great article.. A++ to that guy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Wonderful, wonderful article. I thoroughly enjoyed reading that.

Great article! We could not have hired a better person for the front office then Griffin imo. Not a single executive in any franchise I would rather have.

The Lebron pieces are pulling on the news.

He's a really impressive guy. This feels like the biggest chance around a team I have ever seen, and it's isn't just (or mostly) about adding Zion. That's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The Lebron pieces are pulling on the news.
    they're so mad that he criticized their precious king

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Great article, what a good read. Encouraging to get media press like that too, that isn't artificially sweet (there were definitely moments of addressing negativity) but which overall hits all the key beats.
    Basketball.

I love how ESPN has spun Griffin’s comments on Cleveland as Lebron hate. They completely ignored that this was a positive Pelicans article. ESPN Is taking the criticism way out of context. It is obvious that Lebron has followed the pattern of building super teams to win cheap championships since he left Cleveland the first time. Griffin was overruled by James as is every GM of the team James is a part of.

https://es.pn/2LVyJPz

Lebron is Shocked by Griff comments. I think Griff meant to say it differently if he is reaching out to Lebron now. Griff. Likely talking about his personal issues he was having to deal with during that time.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 08-02-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Griff will be on the Jump today. Either Griff. Is clarifying his comments or ESPN(Lebron Sports Network) is making him apologize.

Folks in their feelings about what Griff said. No apology needed he said what he said... its up to how they want to consume it.

Grif is on the Jump

Once again I’ll say it if no one else will...

...Griffin, Please just shut up and GM.

Great Pelican piece. He should have left it at just that.

Skip Bayless is a hack and should fade into obscurity. Shannon Sharpe has enough trouble forming words much less coming up with decent commentary.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Listen, I know Griff meant no ill intent towards LeBron, and I think he still thinks the world of him. But what's the reason for his angst in his tenure there? Because LeBron tried to do everything his way. And it's so god damn annoying that everyone is trying to come to LeBron's defense.

He may bring in the ticket sales and the publicity, but in the end, he brings toxicity to teams for his demands. And the whole League feels it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post

I hope Griffin learned the lesson that his media discussions should now be focused solely on the Pelicans. He no longer has to be Lebron’s B****. That is AD’s job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post

He DID leave it at that. The piece was 90% about the Pelicans. It addressed the Cleveland time, sure, but only relatively briefly: expecting a long form piece on Griff and how he came to this point in his career to completely avoid the Cavs is like writing a biography of Karl Malone and failing to mention the Utah Jazz.

The author had to interject some Cleveland commentary, but it was minimal, and only really used as a comparison piece to the Pelicans (I wasn't happy there doing X, so now here, I'm doing Y, kind of thing). It's not Griff's fault, or even the author's fault, that Skip Bayless latches on to all Lebron criticism, that Shannon Sharpe doesn't care about anything that doesn't mention Lebron, and so on.

The piece was absolutely fine. The fact that Griff has been forced to come out and clarify is more related to the fact that it's August and the NBA is dead than to what he actually said in the piece.

You would think by now Lebron would know to read the whole article when something gets written about him - not just the headline.

Although, I'm sure his being "shocked" was proably a media manipulation as well. I think there was definitely some blunt assessment of what working with Lebron is like, but it wasn't what ended up getting reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

He DID leave it at that. The piece was 90% about the Pelicans. It addressed the Cleveland time, sure, but only relatively briefly: expecting a long form piece on Griff and how he came to this point in his career to completely avoid the Cavs is like writing a biography of Karl Malone and failing to mention the Utah Jazz.

The author had to interject some Cleveland commentary, but it was minimal, and only really used as a comparison piece to the Pelicans (I wasn't happy there doing X, so now here, I'm doing Y, kind of thing). It's not Griff's fault, or even the author's fault, that Skip Bayless latches on to all Lebron criticism, that Shannon Sharpe doesn't care about anything that doesn't mention Lebron, and so on.

The piece was absolutely fine. The fact that Griff has been forced to come out and clarify is more related to the fact that it's August and the NBA is dead than to what he actually said in the piece.
    are you really trying to explain this to a dude that has a weird fetish of hating Griffen? lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I never said to avoid the Cavs but there’s a way to do it. He shouldn’t have given the writer any angle or the Skips anything to bite on to.

Not to be Nostradamus, but just like week I said in another thread “what will he say next”. Think about it. In the last month he has said numerous things for hot take shows. What’s he trying to accomplish?

Thread Information