Pelicans Report

Thread: Zion accepts the Brees QBchallenge!

Zion accepts the Brees QBchallenge!

I do not watch American football, but I assume that a 50 yard throw with that kind of ease is fairly impressive?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I do not watch American football, but I assume that a 50 yard throw with that kind of ease is fairly impressive?
    70-80 yards is a bomb of a throw so 50 with little effort is pretty good. I think what is more impressive is keeping it straight and getting some distance. Zion is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    70-80 yards is a bomb of a throw so 50 with little effort is pretty good. I think what is more impressive is keeping it straight and getting some distance. Zion is a beast.
    Good to know!

Obviously, 50 yards is a long distance, so just to clarify so I don't sound stupid: I know 50 yards is a long way, but what is impressive to me (an average dude) could well be pretty average in the NFL, so I meant whether it was impressive for an NFL guy, or whether it was just normal relative to other elite athletes. If 50 with little effort is pretty good, and Zion's obviously not an American football player, I'll take that

The QB Challenge >>

Trivia time!

Which talking media meathead is MM quoting ?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Trivia time!

Which talking media meathead is MM quoting ?

No idea who in specific, but I have seen multiple smaller accounts on twitter and stuff pushing basically this angle.

For example:

Lakers Twitter once again delivers the Top Quality Idiots

Taysom got nice form on that shot.

I knew Brees would win it once I heard it involved both Football and Basketball.. Brees is one of the best athletes in the world and if he never played football might have made it professionally in 2 other sports. I absolutely love that we have involved Zion with the Saints like this and have him learn how great New Orleans can be to him from Brees. Not a better person to be putting around him and mentoring him. I have a feeling Brees kids will be obsessed with Zion which will create a close bond between Brees and Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Good to know!

Obviously, 50 yards is a long distance, so just to clarify so I don't sound stupid: I know 50 yards is a long way, but what is impressive to me (an average dude) could well be pretty average in the NFL, so I meant whether it was impressive for an NFL guy, or whether it was just normal relative to other elite athletes. If 50 with little effort is pretty good, and Zion's obviously not an American football player, I'll take that
    50 yards with any type of accuracy is a very impressive pass. Most guys off the street with at least some athletic ability can throw a football 40-50 yards but there's no guarantee where it will end up. Could be 10 yards left or right of where they are actually aiming. Could be multiple yards too long or too short. That's why accuracy is the most impressive thing.

For NFL QBs the difference between being solid, ok and elite is being able to do a 40-50 yard pass and have like a 1 yard and typically even less leeway of where the target is and where you place the ball. Even half a yard could be the difference in some passes between your team scoring or the other team getting the ball.

This is why NFL QBs are the highest paid position.

Thread Information