Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans 2k Ratings

Pelicans 2k Ratings

So, as the 2k time of the year rolls around again, our players are getting given numbers. These numbers are almost always stupid. But it can be interesting to talk about. Here's one:

Lonzo Ball - 79 overall.

Not all of our guys stats have been released yet (in fact, most haven't) but as they come out, I'll update the thread and it's something interesting to talk about. For example, Lonzo at 79, but D Rose is at 80? Lonzo this year averaged more rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, had a better VORP, a better BPM, and was MUCH better defensively. I admit Rose scored far more efficiently, there's no question about that, and as a result he had the better PER and WS/48, but is that really enough?

If Rose is an 80, and DeAaron Fox is an 86 (which he is), Jrue better be at least an 88.

Zion's rating is also confirmed: he's going to start the season at 81.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 07-25-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    Basketball.

Jrue will be an 87 and continued his most underrated trend

What I would give our starting lineup

Lonzo 82
    Jrue 90
    Ingram 83
    Zion 83
    Favors 82

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    What I would give our starting lineup

Lonzo 82
    Jrue 90
    Ingram 83
    Zion 83
    Favors 82
    Zion already confirmed 81 I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of 2k anyone else tried playing a season with updated rosters? I have. And I know it’s just 2k, but we are short on shooting in the starting lineup and thin at front court. One PF/C gets hurt and we are in a little trouble. Again, it’s just 2k. Also lack in rebounding due to height in front court. I dominate with teams I put together but am 13-24 with this club on operation sports sliders. Thoughts? (Yes 2k)

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    Speaking of 2k anyone else tried playing a season with updated rosters? I have. And I know it’s just 2k, but we are short on shooting in the starting lineup and thin at front court. One PF/C gets hurt and we are in a little trouble. Again, it’s just 2k. Also lack in rebounding due to height in front court. I dominate with teams I put together but am 13-24 with this club on operation sports sliders. Thoughts? (Yes 2k)

I have except i signed another stretch 4 to represent Melli. I upped Jrue’s three point shot to B+ and put Ingram, Ball, and Zion through perimeter shooting camp. I use default settings and Sim alot of the season. I put training to focus on team chemistry. And sim alot of games until towards the end.We started off slow but ended up making 5th or 6th seed in 2019 and i am in Western finals for 2020 with same roster minus Okafor.

I also set coach settings to agressive defense, some rebound on offense, run in transition on D, and get to the rim for offense.

Pelicans 2k Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Nice. Yeah you can actually go online and download some updated rosters that have the draft picks and Melli etc. I didn’t touch anything except Nickeil because I think he was like a 69 which isn’t realistic. Made him a 73 myself by increasing his passing abilities and stealing. I play all the games. Most of the players you’d think start to suffer from stamina issues and injuries. Lonzo out 6-8 weeks with severe akle sprain. Frank blows up though with increased time and starts scoring 22-26 a game. Just torched Memphis in second Ja/Zion matchup even though Ja had 32. January 11th. I’ll update if anyone cares lol.
    Last edited by RhythmNathan; 07-26-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Nice. Yeah you can actually go online and download some updated rosters that have the draft picks and Melli etc. I didn’t touch anything except Nickeil because I think he was like a 69 which isn’t realistic. Made him a 73 myself by increasing his passing abilities and stealing. I play all the games. Most of the players you’d think start to suffer from stamina issues and injuries. Lonzo out 6-8 weeks with severe akle sprain. Frank blows up though with increased time and starts scoring 22-26 a game. Just torched Memphis in second Ja/Zion matchup even though Ja had 32. January 11th. I’ll update if anyone cares lol.
    Yeah i have my injuries on low and usually edit the injury if it’s a starter out more than a week. Unrealistic i know but neither are all of the injuries. A player is going to sit out of the playoffs because of a bruised hip? Really 2K?

That’s cool about the rosters. I’ll check them out.

Yeah in the main menu on the far right where it says create user rosters you can select that then go to the online shared ones. And edit from there. Then when you play exhibition you can select your roster in the menu where you select teams. Or start a franchise in GM mode and select the roster you saved from online. There’s no Cheatem or Gray but I didnt really care

The main difference between 2k and real life from this write up is, we are going to be a really good rebounding team, like top 10 easily and maybe even top 5. Favors, Zion, and Lonzo are all very good to elite rebounding for their position. Ingram and Jrue are also at least average for theirs.

As far as shooting goes, how many minutes is JJ getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The main difference between 2k and real life from this write up is, we are going to be a really good rebounding team, like top 10 easily and maybe even top 5. Favors, Zion, and Lonzo are all very good to elite rebounding for their position. Ingram and Jrue are also at least average for theirs.

As far as shooting goes, how many minutes is JJ getting?
    Just to back this up with some numbers:

Zion Williamson: 18% defensive rebounding, 12.7% offensive rebounding this year in college. That 12.7% would be 9th in the NBA this year.
    Derrick Favors: 21.3% defensive rebounding, 12.9% offensive rebounding. 12.9% is 8th in the NBA this year, 21.3% was 11th among power forwards in the West.
    Lonzo Ball: 14% defensive rebounding, 4% offensive rebounding. 14% is good for 10th among all point guards, and 4% ORB% is 6th among PGs.
    Jrue Holiday: 11% defensive, 3.3% offensive: good for 34th and 11th respectively among shooting guards.
    Ingram: 13% defensive, 2.5% offensive. This is the only one which is really below par in our starting lineup: among SFs, 13% ranks only 52nd out of 80 qualified players, and 2.5% offensive rebounding for a small forward ranks 52nd out of 80 as well, tied with TJ Warren.

So out of our 5 starting guys, 4 of them are above average-to-great rebounders, and 3 of them are absolutely elite offensive rebounders for their positions. The only guy who really falls short of standards as a rebounder is Ingram, which makes a lot of sense given how little strength he has to really battle on the boards.

Is Melli on your roster? Are you starting Favors like you should? This team doesn't lack front court height and Zion plays like he's 7'2". Rebounding and height should not be a problem.

Depth can be a problem at PF is something happens to Melli or if he sucks in the NBA, but otherwise fronth court depth shouldnt be a problem either.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This team doesn't lack front court height
    Definitely true. If there's one thing that is absolutely indisputable, it's that this team is just pretty tall overall. Not giant, like the Sixers starting 5, but big.

Lonzo: 6'6
    Jrue: 6'5
    Ingram: 6'10
    Zion: 6'9
    Favors: 6'10
    NAW: 6'5
    Melli: 6'9
    Okafor: 7'0
    Hayes: 7'0
    Hart: 6'5
    Miller: 6'8
    Kenrich: 6'7
    Redick: 6'4
    Moore: 6'4
    Frank: 6'3

Our average player height is like 6'7 or something

Hart is a fun player to use in 2K and develops to an 80 at SF after a year. Been playing around with alley oops with Ball and Hayes and i hope it works as well in real life lol.

Pelicans 2k Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Is Melli on your roster? Are you starting Favors like you should? This team doesn't lack front court height and Zion plays like he's 7'2". Rebounding and height should not be a problem.

Depth can be a problem at PF is something happens to Melli or if he sucks in the NBA, but otherwise fronth court depth shouldnt be a problem either.
    Yep I downloaded the most common version of Melli individually from the shared site. People had made like 6 different versions of him. This one is pretty realistic he’s a 76. He can defensive rebound and drain 3s with space. Yeah Favors starting. JJ off the bench but he still gets 24 mins. The height thing I think is mostly in the game. Hayes is by far the best rebounder on the team. Zion is second best. But they all get dunked on with putback attempts for some reason. And I get out rebounded a lot. Just the game prolly. Still fun tho. Beat the Warriors without Lonzo or Favors. Frank played such tough D his shorts got ripped and he ran around with them flailing behind him in his biking shorts. Something I didn’t know was possible.

Yep I downloaded the most common version of Melli individually from the shared site. People had made like 6 different versions of him. This one is pretty realistic he’s a 76. He can defensive rebound and drain 3s with space. Yeah Favors starting. JJ off the bench but he still gets 24 mins. The height thing I think is mostly in the game. Hayes is by far the best rebounder on the team. Zion is second best. But they all get dunked on with putback attempts for some reason. And I get out rebounded a lot. Just the game prolly. Still fun tho. Beat the Warriors without Lonzo or Favors. Frank played such tough D his shorts got ripped and he ran around with them flailing behind him in his biking shorts. Something I didn’t know was possible.

Sounds like a pretty fun team. Super weird in some ways though. I love Hayes, for example, but in what universe is he our best rebounder? 2k is on something a little weird with that one. In college Hayes had an offensive rebounding %age of 8.7, which is pretty good (ranks about the same as Serge Ibaka for NBA bigs), but his defensive equivalent was 16.3%. Which would be elite if he was 6'6, but since he's 7'0, it's pretty poor. Not absolute garbage tier, there are some okay players who have it worse (Robin Lopez's DRB% was barely 10% last season, and Brook Lopez failed to hit 15% as well. Steven Adams failed to hit 15% DRB% also, but obviously he had Westbrook stealing his rebounds so it's a little different there).

Also, lol at the idea of Frank Jackson playing hard on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sounds like a pretty fun team. Super weird in some ways though. I love Hayes, for example, but in what universe is he our best rebounder? 2k is on something a little weird with that one. In college Hayes had an offensive rebounding %age of 8.7, which is pretty good (ranks about the same as Serge Ibaka for NBA bigs), but his defensive equivalent was 16.3%. Which would be elite if he was 6'6, but since he's 7'0, it's pretty poor. Not absolute garbage tier, there are some okay players who have it worse (Robin Lopez's DRB% was barely 10% last season, and Brook Lopez failed to hit 15% as well. Steven Adams failed to hit 15% DRB% also, but obviously he had Westbrook stealing his rebounds so it's a little different there).

2K pretty much gives all guys at 6”11 or above the rebounding advantage regardless of their effort in real life. They still need to work on that. I’ve played around with different teams and had 7”6” T. Fall dominate off the bench.

Definitely true. If there's one thing that is absolutely indisputable, it's that this team is just pretty tall overall. Not giant, like the Sixers starting 5, but big.

Never seen Jrue listed at 6'5" anywhere. Where did you find that? Always 6'4".

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Never seen Jrue listed at 6'5" anywhere. Where did you find that? Always 6'4".
    This is yet another example of ''players heights need to be updated''.

Jrue measured at 6'4.5'' in shoes at his combine, if my memory serves correct. He was 18 years old at the time of that combine. I am absolutely sure that in the remaining 3 years until he turned 21, he grew half an inch in height. I also listed Zion at 6'9'', even though his official height at Duke was listed as 6'6'' and his Wikipedia page lists him at 6'7'', because those measurements came a long time ago and it's clear that he's grown somewhat since then. It's the same principle with Jrue, although less extreme, because Jrue's combine measurement was when he was 18 (Zion's measurement of 6'6'' came when he was even younger than that) and because while he does look taller to me, he doesn't look significantly taller like Zion does.

Pelicans 2k Ratings

What the other guy said. It’s a height thing. Also whoever made the rookies gave Hayes awesome hands. He catches everything.

Oh and I make Frank play D. He’s quick so he can keep up with most anybody.

Isn't Jrue 6"4? Zion 6"7 and Ingram 6"9?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

All except Lonzo is listed under their Top 100 player rankings.
    https://www.2kratings.com/nba-2k20-r...op-100-players

Jrue Holiday 86
    Brandon Ingram 81
    Derrick Favors 81
    Zion Williamson 81
    JJ Redick 80
    Lonzo Ball 79

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Isn't Jrue 6"4? Zion 6"7 and Ingram 6"9?
    Like I explained to AUSSIE, I'm not really using set listed numbers, because we all know they're wrong. AD is still listed at 6'10, and he was literally measured on television at 6'11.5'' at one point.

Jrue measured at 6'4.5'' in shoes at his combine, when he was 18 years old. I think it's very reasonable to believe he grew half an inch after that point, since 18 is still so young.

Zion's 6'6''/6'7'' measurements are old, and clearly outdated: RJ Barrett is also listed at 6'7, and Zion was clearly taller than him at the draft and at Summer League, and Zion's also been seen in pictures next to Hayes, who measured less than 3 months ago at 6'11.5'' in shoes at the combine. Zion only looks maybe 2 or 3 inches shorter than Hayes, not nearly 6 inches shorter, so given that he is obviously taller than his listed 6'6''/6'7'', and given that it's totally normal for 18 year olds to grow a bit, 6'9'' seems far more reasonable to me.

Ingram is similar. He's listed at 6'9'', but so is Kevin Durant. When Ingram had his press conference a little while ago for the team, he was seen stood less than a wingspan away from Derrick Favors, who is 6'10'' himself, and Ingram looked to be basically the same height. In fact, at some moments, he even seemed taller, but obviously angles can play a role in that. And again, Ingram's 6'9'' height was from when he was 18 years old: he's damn near 22 right now. I'd be shocked if he hadn't grown even an inch in that time, so 6'10 seems totally reasonable and also seems to match what we see when we look at him next to other guys.

What the other guy said. It’s a height thing. Also whoever made the rookies gave Hayes awesome hands. He catches everything.

Oh and I make Frank play D. He’s quick so he can keep up with most anybody.

Thats accurate. But it sounds like the game craps on Favors. He should be the better option over Hayes.

Like I explained to AUSSIE, I'm not really using set listed numbers, because we all know they're wrong. AD is still listed at 6'10, and he was literally measured on television at 6'11.5'' at one point.

Jrue measured at 6'4.5'' in shoes at his combine, when he was 18 years old. I think it's very reasonable to believe he grew half an inch after that point, since 18 is still so young.

Zion's 6'6''/6'7'' measurements are old, and clearly outdated: RJ Barrett is also listed at 6'7, and Zion was clearly taller than him at the draft and at Summer League, and Zion's also been seen in pictures next to Hayes, who measured less than 3 months ago at 6'11.5'' in shoes at the combine. Zion only looks maybe 2 or 3 inches shorter than Hayes, not nearly 6 inches shorter, so given that he is obviously taller than his listed 6'6''/6'7'', and given that it's totally normal for 18 year olds to grow a bit, 6'9'' seems far more reasonable to me.

Ingram is similar. He's listed at 6'9'', but so is Kevin Durant. When Ingram had his press conference a little while ago for the team, he was seen stood less than a wingspan away from Derrick Favors, who is 6'10'' himself, and Ingram looked to be basically the same height. In fact, at some moments, he even seemed taller, but obviously angles can play a role in that. And again, Ingram's 6'9'' height was from when he was 18 years old: he's damn near 22 right now. I'd be shocked if he hadn't grown even an inch in that time, so 6'10 seems totally reasonable and also seems to match what we see when we look at him next to other guys.
    So basing it off of suspicion?

Thread Information