Pelicans Report

Thread: Melli Officially Signed! {Merged}

Melli Officially Signed! {Merged}

I think that's it now! If there's someone I'm forgetting, let me know, but I think our roster is completely locked in and signed at this point, with nobody left waiting to sign on the line.
    Basketball.

Championship!

Pelicans sign Nicolò Melli

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/pelicans-sign-nicolo-melli

The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that the team has signed free agent forward Nicolò Melli. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Melli, 6-9, 235, joins the Pelicans after a successful 12-year professional career in Europe with stops in Italy (Reggiana, Olimpia Milano, VL Pesaro), Germany (Brose Bamberg) and most recently Turkey (Fenerbahçe), where he made consecutive EuroLeague Final Four appearances in 2018 and 2019. Dating to the start of the 2015-16 season, Melli totaled more rebounds than any other EuroLeague player while shooting 42.1% (131/311) from behind the three-point line. In 207 career EuroLeague games overall, Melli averaged 7.4 points on 38.7% shooting from three-point range, 4.7 rebounds and 1.5 assists.

The Italian native has racked up numerous accolades in Europe, including a three-time Italian League All-Star (2011-13), Italian League Champion (2014), two-time German League Champion (2016, 2017) and First-Team selection (2016, 2017), German Cup Winner (2017), All-EuroLeague Second-Team honors (2017), Turkish League Champion (2018) and EuroLeague Finals Top Scorer (2018), including a EuroLeague record 28 points in the final game, and Turkish Cup Winner (2019).

Melli has also represented Italy in international competition, earning a silver medal at the European U-20 Championships in 2011, and has played for the Italian Senior National Team, competing in EuroBasket in 2013, 2015 and 2017.

Can't wait to see this guy fits into the team.

You serious Pels4Life....

Quote Originally Posted by bustah View Post
    You serious Pels4Life....
    Yea...why shouldnt i be? or is that i am serious bout it? lol yea i think i am. or am i?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar

The Bird Writes had a good article up as recently by Ben Pfiefer (a new guy on there, but who is very good) on Melli and his abilities, as well as a podcast including him to discuss Melli and his fit alongside Zion and others.

Check it out if you're looking for more details on the new guy, it's got a lot of example clips and some good analysis.

When does camp start ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information