Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kendrick Perkins Is Having a Meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    if he had done like PG I think almost all fans would even understand the trade demand and still be behind him.
    I don't even think that's an 'if' situation. The day AD's trade request came out, people were upset, but I think the overwhelming reaction was one of understanding, and all the blame got directed at the franchise, which I think was largely fair as well. Basically nobody was upset at AD personally beyond maybe disliking the timing.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Whats bizarre about what he said? It seems logical to me.
    Agree,
    Kerr has a point but at same time Is being a little hypocritical and sounds a little whiny. Kerr basically did the same thing for Durant and Cousins. He would probably gladly would have taken Davis if he had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Agree,
    Kerr has a point but at same time Is being a little hypocritical and sounds a little whiny. Kerr basically did the same thing for Durant and Cousins. He would probably gladly would have taken Davis if he had the chance.
    Whether or not you think Kerr is right about Davis, can we stop saying that he did the same thing with Durant and Cousins?

Both of those players were acquired as free agents. They were NOT under contract. They were NOT asking out of a team. Neither of them were traded for. They are in no way comparable to PG13 and AD in this scenario, both of whom were under contract for multiple years and requested trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Whether or not you think Kerr is right about Davis, can we stop saying that he did the same thing with Durant and Cousins?

Both of those players were acquired as free agents. They were NOT under contract. They were NOT asking out of a team. Neither of them were traded for. They are in no way comparable to PG13 and AD in this scenario, both of whom were under contract for multiple years and requested trades.
    Let us not forget we had Loomis running the ship too. Thankfully he is back to concentration to football.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Did that need to be defended?
    If Griff. Wants to give Perk a job down here. I’m cool with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    If Griff. Wants to give Perk a job down here. I’m cool with it.
    Would keep him off the TV, at least...

Thread Information