Pelicans Report

Thread: The NBA is Shocked Tampering is happening!

The NBA is Shocked Tampering is happening!

Yeah I know it is a DS article but it credits Zach Lowe and No Neck Windhorst

https://deadspin.com/report-the-nba-...per-1836646986

Gee I wonder who started this! The NBA is Shocked! Personally I would like to see the Lakers get some sort of death penalty. But that won’t happen.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-23-2019 at 11:26 PM.

I was listening to NBA Radio on SiriusXM yesterday talking about it and the irony is that they didn't start paying attention to it until the Lakers got spurned by Kawai for the Clippers. I am not joking! Despite LeBron publicly lusting over our star all season long, they didn't bring anything to the table until Kawai decided to choose his own path and got Paul George to come with him to the Clips. What a joke.

There seems to be a fundamental problem with the scheduling of free agency. I'd say since teams start to talk as soon as the finals are over, why not just open free agency on that day.
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 07-24-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Seems reasonable. Allow free agency to occur prior to the draft and the league year to start prior to the draft. That would allow for trading of picks to occur on draft night rather than the farce of players being drafted by another team and then being traded after summer league as started.

There’s a fundamental problem with prohibiting period in my opinion. It can’t be stopped and if a guy who’s a free agent is going to leave, he’s going to leave regardless. No date or some ruling that say “no you can’t talk” in my opinion has always had a loophole around it.

I liken it to a guy hitting on your girl/wife. If she entertains it, she wasn’t yours in the first place. All this is silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    There’s a fundamental problem with prohibiting period in my opinion. It can’t be stopped and if a guy who’s a free agent is going to leave, he’s going to leave regardless. No date or some ruling that say “no you can’t talk” in my opinion has always had a loophole around it.

I liken it to a guy hitting on your girl/wife. If she entertains it, she wasn’t yours in the first place. All this is silly to me.
    I hear that but you just dont let the guy come over and snuggle with her while you are sitting there watching tv. Or do you? /me grabs virtual popcorn

Maybe you just let them go to dinner and discuss their future aka LeBrow even while under contract.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Thread Information