Pelicans Report

Thread: Zion's Shoe Company Finally Chosen

Zion's Shoe Company Finally Chosen

Looks like Zion's made his decision. Jordan brand on the way!
    Basketball.

He's a Carolina guy, i can't be madd. How much did he get?

Quote Originally Posted by 8th_ward View Post
    He's a Carolina guy, i can't be madd. How much did he get?
    The details aren't public yet, all we know is that it's multi-year (which we all probably guessed anyway). As soon as figures are released, I'll update!

Gotta bet it's big though. Giannis' shoe deal pays him around $9m a year and he signed that I think 2 years ago, before his true breakout. So I wouldn't be surprised if Zion's deal is for similar money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    lol

That tagline of Zion's Jumpman deal is freaking awesome.

Kingdom Come.

If he gets a signature shoe it might be the first one I actually buy specifically because it's from an athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That tagline of Zion's Jumpman deal is freaking awesome.

Kingdom Come.

If he gets a signature shoe it might be the first one I actually buy specifically because it's from an athlete.
    Same. When I bought my Lebron's and D Roses', it was cause I liked the shoes. Total apathy towards the players. And when I bought my Hardens, it was in spite of the player, who I dislike so much.

Even if the Zions are mediocre aesthetically, I've gotta get some. Just has to happen. Kingdom Come.

Im in...time for some new kicks. #letdance

So Zion's deal is basically $10.7m a year until he's 26.

Goddamn. Man's getting PAID. In his rookie season, he will make more from his Jordan contract than he will from his NBA contract.

Edit: sidenote, that photoshop they've used in the picture is BAD.

Who said you can't get big national endorsements in NOLA? How much is AD going to make with his potato chip shoe?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Who said you can't get big national endorsements in NOLA? How much is AD going to make with his potato chip shoe?
    $20 and a month's supply of free Ruffles.

Damn... that's cold.

Zion hasn't even played a game in the NBA yet and he's a bigger media presence than AD in the city AD plays in.

Damn... that's cold.

Zion hasn't even played a game in the NBA yet and he's a bigger media presence than AD in the city AD plays in.
    that just warms my heart

1. Bigger deal, more years at discounted rate. Those bigger deals are probably 10 year deals.
    2. He's free right before his prime to get a massive 10 year deal at 26 years old.**
    3. 75 million/7 yr is pretty dope.
    4. He really wanted to be apart of Jordan's brand.**

I don't see what's wrong with it. He gets the shoes of his dream He's betting against doubters on his career projector. Yet, he's still already guaranteed to make over 100 millions at 19 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    1. Bigger deal, more years at discounted rate. Those bigger deals are probably 10 year deals.
    2. He's free right before his prime to get a massive 10 year deal at 26 years old.**
    3. 75 million/7 yr is pretty dope.
    4. He really wanted to be apart of Jordan's brand.**

I don't see what's wrong with it. He gets the shoes of his dream He's betting against doubters on his career projector. Yet, he's still already guaranteed to make over 100 millions at 19 years old.
    Totally agree, if he wants to take the Jordan deal, then I don't see any issue with taking a little less guaranteed money for it, especially when even ''a little less'' money is more cash than most people will ever seen in their entire lives before you're even thirty.

I'm just hoping Jordan have some shoes that can withstand the way he moves. Don't want a repeat of the Nike explosion from Duke.

It was a good choice! Congratulations for Zion!

Damn... that's cold.

...Rich Paul has gone from a so-called power broker to Jethro Bodine in 6 short months.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2019/7...licans-griffin

''Williamson’s deal with the Air Jordan brand of basketball shoes, which sport the famous Jumpman logo, is reportedly in the neighborhood of seven years and $75-million. If true, this would mark the richest rookie shoe contract since LeBron James signed with Nike for about $87 million over the same number of years back in 2003.''

''Williamson wore Nike’s during his time at Duke University, infamously ripping through a pair back in February within the first minute of a game against the North Carolina Tar Heels. A knee injury from the incident sidelined Zion for nearly a month, and questions surfaced concerning how his relationship with the company would develop after the controversy. One thing was for sure though: an underwhelming shoe design was responsible for Zion’s injury — not some propensity for injury.''

honestly I'm just glad to hear someone call Jordan their favorite player instead of LeBron not to mention he just seems true to everything he says

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

BIG UPDATE- WOJ

Woj doesn't list the actual amount the deal is, but we now know it's 5 years not 7, and since he says its the richest annual rookie shoe deal in NBA history, we have some reference points to compare it to.

Lebron's rookie shoe deal was 7 years/$87m, which is equivalent to around $12.5m annually.

If Zion's deal is the richest annual deal ever, it must be worth more than that per year. So perhaps it's still $75m total, but over 5 years instead of 7, which would make it a flat $15m annually.

Which is crazy.

Woj's article also says that Zion had multiple offers in the ''9 figures'' range. For those who prefer seeing whole numbers, that's at least $100m.

For those of you (which includes me) who are bad at maths or have bad memories, that means that Zion's current guaranteed money looks a little like this:

NBA Contract: 4yr/$45m
    Jordan Contract: 5yr/$75m

That means that when both of those contracts are up, Zion will be 24 years old and have career earnings of at least $120m. I say at least because obviously he's gonna sign more deals with more brands, so the number could soar.

Didn't really think it was worth it's own thread since it's not a hugely anticipated deal and the money isn't through the roof or anything, but Jaxson Hayes has joined the club of shoe-contract-people!

He's going to be running with Nike, so a little different to Zion but still, same parent company.

Thread Information