Pelicans Report

Thread: Teams Must Now Announce Player Stats Each Season

Teams Must Now Announce Player Stats Each Season

Yes!!! I've been saying for a while that it would be fantastic if players could actually be measured before each season and have those stats released.

This is because every year, there are players who are measured at a certain height or weight, aged 18 at the combine, or sometimes even younger, and then proceed to grow. Despite this, their official measurement never changes. This is how we have people like Kevin Durant being listed at 6'9, despite openly being a 7 footer.

This change in regulation will put an end to this. If Zion has grown and he's actually 6'8 instead of 6'6, we will find out. When we suspect that a player has grown between 18 and 22, we will know. Almost everyone agrees that Ingram seems to be more like 6'10 or 6'11 than his listed 6'9: now we'll know.

Glad to see this change being made. Stein doesn't mention weight in his tweet, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is included as well, along with height and age.
    Basketball.

The Buddy Hield rule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More details!

Height is measured WITHOUT shoes, and weight will NOT be included.

Looking at the different heights online for Jaxson it looks like he was listed at 6’8” going into UT. So he’s basically grown 4 inches in like 14 months??

I fully believe that Zion is 6'9". I believe it was someone in here posted pictures of him next to Reddish and Barrett where he was shorter, then another picture before the draft where he was clearly taller than Reddish who's 6'8" himself.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    Looking at the different heights online for Jaxson it looks like he was listed at 6’8” going into UT. So he’s basically grown 4 inches in like 14 months??

I can't speak to the exact measurements, but yes, Hayes had a pretty meteoric growth spurt. He grew about 10 inches in something like 2 years, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    I fully believe that Zion is 6'9". I believe it was someone in here posted pictures of him next to Reddish and Barrett where he was shorter, then another picture before the draft where he was clearly taller than Reddish who's 6'8" himself.
    There was more than one of us, but I was one of the people posting those pictures.

I can't say exactly how tall Zion is, but I would be incredibly surprised if his shoes-on height was less than 6'8. That would mean that his shoes-off height would be around 6'6.5'', probably, which is a touch taller than he apparently is WITH shoes, according to some people.

But yeah, we know he's not 6'10 or anything like that, because we've seen him next to Hayes, and he's clearly shorter than Hayes. But at the same time, we've seen him next to RJ Barrett, who is supposedly 6'7, and Zion appeared clearly taller than him in multiple shots and in videos. So I would wager that Zion is about 6'8.5'' with shoes, and around 6'7 without.

Dirk with the jokes

Great news! Now I can stop looking up google images for players standing next to other players to try to estimate more accurate heights.

Also great they are doing it without shoes. Even 5 pairs of socks isn't gonna help too much.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I never got why the nba was cool with fake heights.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I never got why the nba was cool with fake heights.
    Yeah it doesn't really make sense. I'm so glad that they're finally doing this, without shoes, so that we don't have to pretend that KD is 6'9, or that Lillard is 6'3. AD's spent years insisting he's 6'10 with shoes, and has openly stated that he doesn't like the idea of being 6'11 or 7'0. He's not going to be able to deny that any longer.

I mean I very doubt this is going to be taken seriously or some criminal audit if caught lying.

If a player wants to be 6-10 versus 7’, the player and team will just be on a wink wink deal....especially if the player who really many care about anyway is a star/superstar.

I don’t really see this being the accurate end all be all like most.

Thread Information