Pelicans Report

Thread: Darius Miller Re-signed

Darius Miller Re-signed

So he re-signed for 7M and then resigned?

Knew it'd happen, since it got announced ages ago. Good to see it made official though. The Melli signing should be made official pretty soon then.

Unless it has been already and I'm just forgetful, which is entirely possible.
    Basketball.

If we get bored with him again we can always trade him to the Lakers for what they have left.

per NOLA.com: https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...8bd4baeaf.html

"The five-year NBA veteran has reportedly agreed to a two-year deal worth $14.2 million – the second year of which is not guaranteed."

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    If he re-signs again we can start another post.

We could still finish the season under the cap if I’m not mistaken. So a trade at the break is likely right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    We could still finish the season under the cap if I’m not mistaken. So a trade at the break is likely right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We could, but not sure how likely. It would entail trading a player or players for picks (i.e. not taking back salary).

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    The fact we gave Miller the amount we got and how it's structured leads me to believe we would have to make a trade at some point.

We have so many guards, we need to trade one for a draft pick, probably won’t be before the season starts but maybe half way through if they believe Jackson and naw are progressing how they think they will I could see moore being traded to a contender for a pick

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    We have so many guards, we need to trade one for a draft pick, probably won’t be before the season starts but maybe half way through if they believe Jackson and naw are progressing how they think they will I could see moore being traded to a contender for a pick
    Yeah I'm thinking something like Moore + Miller for a matching salary player or probably a pick in the 20s

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking something like Moore + Miller for a matching salary player or probably a pick in the 20s
    I would think the reason they signed Miller at that contract would be hoping that a player making in the $18-$20 million range could be on the market in Feb and we could match with those 2 and a pick. If not, then Miller will probably be waived at the end of the year since his contract is not guaranteed for next year.

From bobby Marks twitter

New Orleans is eligible to apply for a $3.625M Disabled Player Exception (DPE) on Darius Miller. The exception is granted if Miller is deemed by the NBA out until June 15. The forward recently underwent surgery on a ruptured right Achilles tendon. The Pelicans currently have 13 guaranteed contracts and 2 players on partial/guaranteed deals- Jahlil Okafor and Kenrich Williams. The exception can be used to sign, trade or claim a player on an expiring contract. New Orleans would need to clear a roster to use the DPE. Miller has a $7M non-guaranteed contract for 2020-21.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    From bobby Marks twitter

New Orleans is eligible to apply for a $3.625M Disabled Player Exception (DPE) on Darius Miller. The exception is granted if Miller is deemed by the NBA out until June 15. The forward recently underwent surgery on a ruptured right Achilles tendon. The Pelicans currently have 13 guaranteed contracts and 2 players on partial/guaranteed deals- Jahlil Okafor and Kenrich Williams. The exception can be used to sign, trade or claim a player on an expiring contract. New Orleans would need to clear a roster to use the DPE. Miller has a $7M non-guaranteed contract for 2020-21.
    Well we can breathe easier now we got an exception?

The exception doesn't really matter that much, I wouldn't think. We don't have any roster spots anyway, so even if we wanted to use it to sign somebody, that would require us to cut somebody else. Obviously that wouldn't be the rookies, it wouldn't be the high paid vets, and it's not going to be the Lakers players, so it would basically come down to Kenrich or Okafor. And honestly, I don't see the team throwing away either of them: they both have value and a role on this team.

I'm sure they'd use it in a trade for an expiring contract while offloading someone like Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'm sure they'd use it in a trade for an expiring contract while offloading someone like Moore.

Hey Trajan,

check out ole andrew nicholson (6'9") from st. boneventure; yeah the bust that was drafted by orlando.

he's only 29 now and playing in china....he has hit on 41% and 45% from 3 in his last two seasons while taking 5 to 6 three-pointers a game

seems better than darius

Thread Information