Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Redick Signed, Panic Over

Redick Signed, Panic Over

You can all breathe now guys.
    Basketball.

Great, now I can sleep. Thanks for everyone's schooling me!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pe...sign-jj-redick

This is a nice little intro article on Redick. Nothing that we didn't already know, but still, a good little repository of info for any newer fans.

Last year, JJ Redick shot 39.7% on threes. He took 8 of them per game. That means he made 240 threes last season.

Just for comparison, E'twaun Moore made 76 threes last season. Darius Miller made 133. Frank Jackson made 53.

That means Moore, Miller, and Jackson combined made a total of 262 threes over a combined 183 games. Redick played 76.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    There was a panic? Da figgle?

On another note, great to know the team already has his replacement over in Australia in senhor Silva. He shot 44% (8/18) from 3 in SL and before that last terrible shooting game, he was at 55% (6 /11). Also showed great on ball/passing lane defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    There was a panic? Da figgle?
    There were a couple of people who were concerned that, especially wiht Marcus Morris pulling out of his deal with San Antonio and the history of things like DeAndre Jordan backing out of Dallas, the silence surrounding Redick was a bad sign. There was no good reason to think that, but I can understand the anxiety: we're Pels fans, we expect things to go badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    There were a couple of people who were concerned that, especially wiht Marcus Morris pulling out of his deal with San Antonio and the history of things like DeAndre Jordan backing out of Dallas, the silence surrounding Redick was a bad sign. There was no good reason to think that, but I can understand the anxiety: we're Pels fans, we expect things to go badly.
    Thanks for understanding buddy

Last year, JJ Redick shot 39.7% on threes. He took 8 of them per game. That means he made 240 threes last season.

Just for comparison, E'twaun Moore made 76 threes last season. Darius Miller made 133. Frank Jackson made 53.

That means Moore, Miller, and Jackson combined made a total of 262 threes over a combined 183 games. Redick played 76.
    Following up this legit statistical point, here's a pointless piece of information:

JJ Redick is tied for 4th highest 3pt rating in NBA 2K20. He is tied with Buddy Hield, at a 90 rating. The top 5 are:

Stephen Curry - 99 3pt shot
    Klay Thompson - 97 3pt shot
    Joe Harris - 94 3 pt shot
    Redick/Hield - 90 3 pt shot

Following up this legit statistical point, here's a pointless piece of information:

JJ Redick is tied for 4th highest 3pt rating in NBA 2K20. He is tied with Buddy Hield, at a 90 rating. The top 5 are:

Stephen Curry - 99 3pt shot
    Klay Thompson - 97 3pt shot
    Joe Harris - 94 3 pt shot
    Redick/Hield - 90 3 pt shot
    Just what I needed... A reminder that we traded a top 5 shooter for a one rental

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Just what I needed... A reminder that we traded a top 5 shooter for a one rental
    If it helps, just remember that we currently have another top 5 shooter on the roster.

2 years with the possibility of more

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    2 years with the possibility of more
    I think he was referring to Hield for Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I think he was referring to Hield for Cousins.
    Some people prefer whinging over reality. Wasn't going to be a one year rental (it was 2 seasons anyway) until the injury.

2 yr rental.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Some people prefer whinging over reality. Wasn't going to be a one year rental (it was 2 seasons anyway) until the injury.
    How does 1 year expiring at the trade deadline turn into 2 years...

On top of that... he only played 1 calendar year because of injuries

Oh, wait... not a calendar year. Just 65 games. Sit down you clowns

Oh, wait... not a calendar year. Just 65 games. Sit down you clowns
    In fairness, the reason he only played 65 games WAS the injury, that nobody could have seen coming.

It was an 18 month rental, with the possibility of more. The injury cut things short, and then he left, so obviously in hindsight it looks awful. If Cousins had played 82 games and then resigned, it would have been a coup for Dell. Things happen.

I'm glad that things went the way they did because it set us up for what we have now, which is awesome.

How does 1 year expiring at the trade deadline turn into 2 years...
    He played in two separate seasons for us. That's 2 years. There is no way to rewrite it as a 1 year rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He played in two separate seasons for us. That's 2 years. There is no way to rewrite it as a 1 year rental.
    It was intended to be a long-term relationship that ended up being a one year rental. It was never 2 years. When the deal was made, everyone laughed at the Kings. They certainly got the last laugh due to our (and Boogie's) unfortunate bad luck.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Year and a half.

Thread Information