Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Redick Signed, Panic Over

Every contract is a rental, otherwise the NBA really would have owners..... Players now have unprecedented leverage to back out of their contracts, so long-term deals are more of an illusion than a reality. Get used to it!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It was intended to be a long-term relationship that ended up being a one year rental. It was never 2 years. When the deal was made, everyone laughed at the Kings. They certainly got the last laugh due to our (and Boogie's) unfortunate bad luck.
    If someone wants to say it was a year and a half, that's fine, but it simply is impossible that it should be called a 1 year rental. I can't even comprehend how someone could call it a 1 year rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If someone wants to say it was a year and a half, that's fine, but it simply is impossible that it should be called a 1 year rental. I can't even comprehend how someone could call it a 1 year rental.
    It wasn't 2 years. I think people call it one year because that is what ended up happening. Certainly no one knew this when the trade was made. However, the Pelicans traded for him in Feb 2017 and he tore his Achilles in Jan 2018. That is where the year came from.

There is a chance AD will be a one year rental and how will the deal look for the lakers ?

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    There is a chance AD will be a one year rental and how will the deal look for the lakers ?
    Would be fantastic for us!

I could very easily see Davis signing with Brooklyn next year and locking up the East for the next seven or eight years along with Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. LBJ is on the other side of the Bell Curve and the Lakers window of opportunity has, perhaps, two years remaining, at best. If AD really wants championships, he would be best served in Brooklyn. Nothing would do my heart better than to see the La-La-Lakers pay New Orleans a king's ransom for a one year player rental.
    Last edited by As I See It; 07-16-2019 at 11:30 AM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Would be fantastic for us!
    I know where you're heads at. Right where mine is, come to me LA picks....

It would be the funniest thing I can imagine happening in the NBA, would be fantastic for the future of our franchise.

And also, it would be accurate to call it a one year rental.
    Basketball.

It wasn't 2 years. I think people call it one year because that is what ended up happening. Certainly no one knew this when the trade was made. However, the Pelicans traded for him in Feb 2017 and he tore his Achilles in Jan 2018. That is where the year came from.
    But. It 100% WASN'T what happened. When he was traded here he had a year and a half left on is deal and he played across 2 seasons for us.

Should we actually call Solomon Hill's deal a 2 and 1/2 year deal because he lost an entire season basically to injury and barely played last year? Should we call Asik's deal 2 year because he missed basically 2 seasons to injury? That's crazy. No. You base it off of what the contract had left. Cousins played across 2 seasons for us and has a year and a half left on his contract. Calling it a 1 year rental is absolutely impossible.

But. It 100% WASN'T what happened. When he was traded here he had a year and a half left on is deal and he played across 2 seasons for us.

Should we actually call Solomon Hill's deal a 2 and 1/2 year deal because he lost an entire season basically to injury and barely played last year? Should we call Asik's deal 2 year because he missed basically 2 seasons to injury? That's crazy. No. You base it off of what the contract had left. Cousins played across 2 seasons for us and has a year and a half left on his contract. Calling it a 1 year rental is absolutely impossible.
    Whichever makes you happy. I can see people calling it a one year rental because he literally played one year. I can see it being called a 1 1/2 year rental because that is approximately what was left of his contract when we traded for him (actually about a year and 2 months). I cannot see it being called a 2 year rental as he did not play that long nor was his remaining contract that long. Regardless, it is all semantics as we all know what happened.

Thread Information