Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Christian Wood Waived

I don't like it either, but I think this was more Woods decision than the Pelicans. Just hope Melli can tear it up.

I agree with Fisher's depth chart tho. The others I've seen are insane.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    What?

C: D-Fav, Hayes, Okafor
    PF: Zion, Melli, Kenrich
    SF: Ingram, Moore/Hart, Miller
    SG: Redick, NAW, Moore/Hart
    PG: Jrue, Lonzo, Jackson

I’m still listing this as our depth chart till I see what happens come the season. I think it puts our 10 best players, depending on Nico, on the court the most. Unless we are willing to let NAW be our backup point guard as a rookie which he has shown capable & at times needing more time IMO. Right now I give him the edge over Moore & Hart in the second team cause he has shown more talent than both of them in my eyes. Then it should be a battle between Moore & Hart for that backup small forward spot cause I think both should be in there over Miller at this point. Unless we move Moore and add us an experienced backup point guard which I think would be the best move at this point. Until that happens I’m keeping Jrue & JJ in our starting lineup.

I thought we would likely keep Wood over Kenrich since he’s quite small for the power forward position at like 6’7” 210 lbs, but he’s likely gained some pounds from whenever that weight I see on most sites was taken. In today’s NBA though you can get away with a smaller sized power forward though and we might see Brandon Ingram play there as a small ball 4 as well. IMO a Lonzo, Jrue, JJ, Ingram, & Zion lineup would likely be our 5 best players & could be extremely fun to watch in some really small minute spurts. I just hope Nico Melli is ready to give us the minutes needed as our likely 3rd or 4th big man.
    No way Lonzo will be coming off the bench. It makes 0 sense to bring him off the bench for JJ it just won’t happen. JJ has the skill set that you have come in the game as a 6th man with someone like Favors coming off the court as Ingram and Zion slide over to the 4/5. Lonzo and his camp would be actively pursuing a trade and it would likely be publicly if he knew he would be coming off the bench. JJ can still get the same minutes as a 6th man as he would in the starting lineup. I agree with you often but this is not gonna happen.

Wood signs with the Pistons.
    Good for him.
    Behind Griffin, Morris and Drummond.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Wood signs with the Pistons.
    Good for him.
    Behind Griffin, Morris and Drummond.
    I said it before. Barring any unforeseen behind the scenes tension, this is the first misstep I think Griffin and Company have made. Six Foot five back up to the back up small forwards are a dime a dozen. Skilled six foot eleven big men are hard to come by.
    February 11, 2024

"The Day...Pelicans Roost...DIED."

RIP Pelicans Roost

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I said it before. Barring any unforeseen behind the scenes tension, this is the first misstep I think Griffin and Company have made. Six Foot five back up to the back up small forwards are a dime a dozen. Skilled six foot eleven big men are hard to come by.
    The only reason Moore and Miller are on this team is because they are salary dumps. They add 3 point shooting but at this point in time they add more than Wood.

Long term it could be a different story.

Thread Information