Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Introductory Press Conference: Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, and Favors.

Sorry Pelicandae I just made a separate post with all these videos I didn’t know at the time you had posted them here .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Okay, so, I did some research, did some basic maths, did some basic (but I think fair) assumptions, and figured out roughly what I think is a realistic scoring number for each player from our starting 5 + Redick as the 6th man.

For example, Jrue took 17.3 FGAs last year: 11.9 FGAs from 2, and 5.4 from 3, and he averaged 21.2ppg.

This year, I feel like Jrue may take something more like 19 FGAs per game, with the increased volume coming from 2pt range. My reasoning for this is pretty simple: after all-star break last year, with AD playing the adjusted numbers, Jrue took 18.8 shots per game. Now, with AD gone completely, you can expect that to remain at a similar level, and perhaps increase slightly.

So if he takes, say, 13.9 FGAs from 2, and 5.4 from 3, shooting at roughly the same efficiency he put up last year in the post-AD portion of the season, you'd expect 48% from 2 and 36.5% from 3, which translates to 6.67 2pt FGM per game and 1.97 3PT FGM per game, then that gives you 19.25ppg. Then if you just give him the 4 FTAs he was getting per game during that period, converting the 80.6% rate he was shooting during that time, you get 3.2pts from FTs. Combine the 19.25 and the 3.2, you get 22.45ppg. Is that a pretty reasonable amount of scoring to expect from Jrue next year? I think so. Could be higher, but 22.5ppg seems to be a fairly safe ballpark figure.

Now, the New Orleans Pelicans as a team attempted 92.2 FGAs per game last year, and we are projected to run at an even faster pace this year. So I think it's fair to assume a rough baseline of 100 shots per game to go around for the team. Last year, our starting 5 + the 6th man (Randle, for much of the year) took a combined 76% of all the available shots. A similar distribution wouldn't be unusual this year, which means we have a total of 76 shots a game to give away to these 6 guys. Jrue has already taken up about 19.3 of them. So, how do the remaining 56.7 shots get distributed?

First step is to work out how many Zion might take. The average FGA/g by a rookie first overall pick (excluding Fultz and Bennett for obvious reasons) over the last decade has been 13.6. So, assuming Zion takes 13.6 shots a game, with the same proportions he shot in college (83% of shots from 2pt range), you get him taking 11.3 2pt FGA/g and 2.3 3pt FGA/g. Assuming reasonable efficiencies (50% from the floor, 33% from 3) that translates to 5.65 2pt FGAs made and 0.76 3pt FGAs made per game. That's (5.65*2)+(0.76*3)= 13.6. Assuming he gets to the FT line at a similar rate to in college, we can assume he would be taking 7 FTs per game, and if he hits them at 64% like in college, that's 4.48 points from FTs: 13.6+4.48 = 18.08 ppg for Zion, as a reasonable estimate. Which leaves 39.1 shots remaining for other players.

If you do a sum like this for each of the listed players, this is what you get:

76 total shots available

Jrue Holiday: (13.9 2ptFGA/48% + 5.4 3ptA/36.5% + 4FTAs/80%) = 22.5ppg [56.7 shots remaining]
    Zion Williamson: (11.3 2pt/50% + 2.3 3ptA/33% + 7FTAs/64%) = 18.08ppg [43.1 shots remaining]
    Brandon Ingram: (11 2pt/49% + 2.2 3ptA/34% + 6FTAs/65%) = 16.92ppg [29.9 shots remaining]
    Lonzo Ball: (6 2pt/43% + 4 3ptA/33.5% + 2.5FTAs/50%) = 10.43ppg [19.9 shots remaining]
    Derrick Favors: (9.8 2pt/58% + 1 3ptA/30% + 4FTAs/68%) = 14.98ppg [9.1 shots remaining]
    J. J. Redick: (2.6 2pt/50% + 6.5 3ptA/42% + 3.5/90%) = 13.94ppg [0 shots remaining]

Now, this could be completely wrong (and probably will be) because it assumes a bunch of stuff. Firstly, it assumes that Ingram and Ball will improve slightly as 3 point shooters. It also assumes Ball improves as a free throw shooter. It assumes that Favors remains as efficient as he was last year in Utah, despite the increased role, and it assumes that all players keep their shot selection roughly proportionate (JJ taking only 29% of his shots from 2 point range, for example, like he did last year). It assumes that guys play with a similar usage rate that they played with last year/in college. It also assumes that ridiculous pace of 100 shots a game, which would (if I remember correctly) be the highest pace in at least 20 years.

But at the end of the day, it gives us a bunch of averages which I think look fairly reasonable.

Jrue: 22.5ppg
    Zion: 18ppg
    Ingram: 16.9ppg
    Ball: 10.4ppg
    Favors: 14.9ppg
    Redick:13.9ppg

good work......thats about 94/95pts a game....dont know how deep gentry rotation will be but if we can get 10pts each from 3 more backups in a 9 man rotation...we are at 125 points a game....i was thinking 120.......scoring 115 and playing good defense should have us 5-8 seed...

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Sorry Pelicandae I just made a separate post with all these videos I didn’t know at the time you had posted them here .

It's cool, probably makes more sense to have its own thread anyway!

I'm excited. SF is a super top heavy position where even Weed Plate Wiggins is statistically a "Top" 15 SF and he's awful. We could do a lot worse. The only thing that sucks is that SF is such a high demand position. We'd have to give him a max. Somebody will. 2021 has some baller free agents, but I'd disgruntledly do it. At least it's only a rookie max and not a 10 year service Supermax..

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I'm excited. SF is a super top heavy position where even Weed Plate Wiggins is statistically a "Top" 15 SF and he's awful. We could do a lot worse. The only thing that sucks is that SF is such a high demand position. We'd have to give him a max. Somebody will. 2021 has some baller free agents, but I'd disgruntledly do it. At least it's only a rookie max and not a 10 year service Supermax..
    My view on Ingram's payday is this:

If he performs well for us, he should get it. He's always been able to score from the 2pt range pretty well, and he's come along as a solid defender over the last season and a half or so. If he can bring that while improving his playmaking to an above average level and his shooting to at least decent, then he'll have earned the cash and I don't mind paying him.

If he's disappointing or sub par for us, we can move him at the deadline and get something in return for him. There will be SOME team out there who likes him and is willing to give him that money, whether it's the woeful Suns or the Knicks or whoever, partially because small forwards are so scarce. All he needs to do is be solid for that to be plausible.

So I'm trying not to worry about that too much until he's played at least a dozen games for us.

Notwithstanding a medical relapse, BI will be maxed out at the end of the year, So it's merely a question of fit as to whether he's in New Orleans or elsewhere. The Pelicans have a half of season to make that determination. After watching years of inconsistency at the 3, I want it to work out badly.
    Last edited by As I See It; 07-17-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Notwithstanding a medical relapse, BI will be maxed out at the end of the year, So it's merely a question of fit as to whether he's in New Orleans or elsewhere. The Pelicans have a half of season to make that determination. After watching years of inconsistency at the 3, I want it to work out badly.
    I hope he is a good fit, but either way. I think we will have to let him walk once that contract is done and use our last Laker pick to draft a cheap SF of the future if Hayes, NAWs, and Zion all reach their ceiling. I feel that's the obvious future if we do keep Ingram unless 1 of the 3 bust.

I hope he is a good fit, but either way. I think we will have to let him walk once that contract is done and use our last Laker pick to draft a cheap SF of the future if Hayes, NAWs, and Zion all reach their ceiling. I feel that's the obvious future if we do keep Ingram unless 1 of the 3 bust.
    Honestly, and maybe I'm just taking your words too literally here, but if Hayes, NAW, and Zion all reach their absolute ceiling then that's a 20/10 all-defensive guy who can shoot from the perimeter, an 18ppg/8apg+ two way player with three way scoring (inside, midrange, three pointer), and a top 10 all time juggernaut. In that situation, as long as Ingram is at least a very good SF, you keep him anyway because you have an all-time great core and the price tag doesn't matter because they're all draftees and therefore as long as they want to stay here, we can pay them more than anyone else.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Weed Plate Wiggins he said LMFAOOOOOOOO

Unless he balls out. Are we really gonna pay him a 170 MAX, because he at least getting a Max unless he has an injury or historically bad year. Lose all Cap flexibility for the 2021 FA madness
    Why do you say "at least?" He will not get more than the max. He has not stepped in the court. Let's wait and see how it all plays out before deciding to dump him or max him out.

Key info from this episode of the JJ Redick Podcast (I'll write up some transcribed quotes later):

- Redick hasn't held a press conference because he's spending time with family
    - His signing was delayed due to the storm
    - He did most of his talking with Trajan Langdon, who he's known for a while from Duke
    - He called the Pelicans ''Duke South''
    - Said Jrue is one of his favourite players in the league, and that he was excited for the chance to play with him

Key info from this episode of the JJ Redick Podcast (I'll write up some transcribed quotes later):

- He did most of his talking with Trajan Langdon, who he's known for a while from Duke
    - Said Jrue is one of his favourite players in the league, and that he was excited for the chance to play with him
    Pretty cool note.

Teams will outsource nearby team doctors to do physical for other teams.

Key quotes from the Redick pod, for those who either don't wanna spend 54 minutes listening to JJ Redick talk about stuff, including stuff which has nothing to do with the Pelicans at times:

About the signing delay:

''It was almost ready to sign last week.. and then Tropical Storm Barry came through. Apparently the General Council of the Pelicans had to evacuate his family. Yeah, serious stuff. Hopefully everyone down in New Orleans is doing okay, and my wife and Knox and Kai [JJ's kids] and I are all excited to get down there at some point in the next couple of months.''

How much do you know about NO as a city?

''That's a great question. I feel like I know there's a very popular food culture there, some say the best in the U.S. [short discussion about maybe doing a spin-off podcast that's just about food]. I believe it was the birthplace of jazz, or at least maybe I've heard that, but there's obviously the Jazz Festival down there, Mardi Gras, of course. I know that they love their sports teams, particularly the Saints, and we're hoping to bring some of that energy to the Pelicans. I know that they've had a couple of unfortunate storms come through, obviously Hurricane Katrina was in the fall of my senior year. You know, I've talked to CP about this because that was supposed to be his rookie year and he ended up having to go to OKC that year because of Katrina. So it's a place that, you know, I feel like is on the up-and-up, there's a lot of excitement about the team, obviously getting Zion is huge.

One other thing I know about New Orleans is that there's a big entertainment industry down there. Shows, movies, etc, there's a lot of things that are being filmed down there. One time I was leaving Cochon, which is a Donald Link restaurant, with Blake Griffin and Spencer Hawes, and we were walking back to our hotel and we saw a set, and Blake decided to walk on the set and act like he belonged there. It was a James Patterson book show on CBS, I don't think it lasted very long, I don't think it made it to the end of the first season, but that was an interesting experience. [...] Also, there's kind of that historical aspect to the city, because of, you know, the French influence and it being a sort of Naval hub at one point, so there's a lot of stuff going on. I'm excited to explore and get to know the city and know all the awesome people down there. Shout out Drew Brees.''

Talk about how free agency works. You don't need to go to New Orleans to sign, right?

''Yeah, so, it's funny cause there's been a lot of people even in the last two week who have reached out to me and been like, 'hey are you selling your place in Brooklyn', or 'hey are you already down in New Orleans?'. The answer to that is no, and no. So, basically we came out here as a family for the month of July to the Hamptons, and when I committed to Griff and Trajan Langdon during free agency Griff was like, 'hey do you wanna come down for a press conference, or come out to Vegas, or down to New Orleans, or whatever', and I said to him verbatim, I was like, 'I don't mind doing that, and if it's important to you guys, I'd be happy to come down but my preference would be to just maximise this family time'. But I did have to go, I took a car to New York last week for the full day, and I had three physicals and an MRI that I had to do for New Orleans. They outsourced the doctors, the Ortho guy was the Nets' guy, and the medical doctor was the Knicks' doctor, and I had to do my stress test for my heart and get an MRI, so I had to do all that.''

Thoughts about committing to a contract and then it taking two weeks to actually get signed

''Look, I thought for sure that I would retire in Philly. I thought that, and that was even a conversation that I had with Josh Harris. Sometimes the economics of things don't work out, and even prior to those conversations when I had heard that New Orleans might be a possibility, there was a genuine excitement that I had, this was not just me saying 'oh I'm just gonna go take whatever money', this was, 'oh I think this is a great basketball fit, it's a team on the up-swing, there's a lot of excitement around Zion and all the other young guys they got in the AD trade, and obviously the other kids they drafted looked awesome in Summer League as well', so I'm excited about that. And then the other big component of that was Jrue, Jrue Holiday. Jrue and I spoke before free agency - is that tampering? I don't know, they don't enforce it anymore, [...] - but we just chatted on the phone and I told him like, man, you're one of my favourite players in the NBA and I truly mean that, he's someone I've just respected and admired as a person and as a player for a long time, so as much as it was the young guys and the opportunity to sort of play that mentoring role and all that, a big part of it was the opportunity to get to play with Jrue, that was a huge piece of it.''

How much do you know about some of their young guys?

''Obviously I know, I watched Zion a ton at Duke, as many games as I probably watched as a pro, maybe eight or ten games this year, all of the tournament games. I love his skillset and all, but what I love the most is the kind of person he is. Even before New Orleans had won the lottery, Coach K had called me right after we lost to Toronto and we were just chatting about RJ and Zion and he basically said that Zion is the best kid in the world. So again, that's exciting, to be able to work with someone and help someone as they navigate those first few years that's all ears and is open to things. [Tommy mentions how many Duke guys there are on the roster] Oh yeah, it's Duke South! Frank Jackson, Jahlil, me, Brandon, Zion, and then Trajan Langdon the GM. I mean, Trajan's only been there a few months, imagine what's gonna happen 5 years from now. We may have an all-Duke team.''

What is it like, having already committed to a team, and watching all of this crazy stuff happen in free agency?

''Okay, so, with respect to our own team, I was hoping we would get Derrick Favors. I had gotten wind that this Jazz/Bogdanovic thing was real after Mirotic had, you know, decided to do something else, so that means to clear that space Favors could be on the market. So I was hopeful we got him, so that was exciting.''

The roles of Griff and Trajan in recruiting:

''Yeah, so Trajan and I, I mean I've known Trajan for... jeez... 17 years now? I remember Trajan from when I was like, a freshman or sophomore at Duke. He was still an active player and he came back one summer during one of our summer camps and pulled me over into Coach K's office and we chatted for about three hours about life and how to better commit myself to being essentially what I've become. So he's been a friend for a long time, so in those dealings with New Orleans it's been mostly Trajan and then my agent and Griff have gone back and forth discussing the contract and working out the logistics of everything.''

What New Orleans food/restaurants are you most excited for?

''I think I've talked about this on the podcast before but the wood-fired grilled oysters with the chili butter sauce at Cochon are to die for. That, to me, and the butchers shop and sandwich place next door is incredible. There are a lot of places in New Orleans that I haven't really tried that are sort of the institutional places, [Tommy asks if he's done the beignets], at Café du Monde? Yeah I've done those. Many times. So, uh, there's a lot, I think, that I'm excited about and also when you're a visiting player and you're in town for a day and you're on a road-trip, generally you're not doing a ton of exploring. So some of the neighbourhoods, the garden district, and uptown and all that stuff that I haven't really spent any time in, I'm excited to explore.''

Terrible out of context food quote from JJ Redick here, found at 33:35 in the pod:
    ''a hotdog is a taco.''

When you go to a young team, how much of your role is mentoring?

''It's a good question, and I kind of went through it two years ago in Philly. My whole thing is if you walk into a locker room you've never been in before and immediately just start talking and acting like you're the expert on everything, that generally rubs people the wrong way. I've had some team mates that've done that. So that's just not my strategy at all, I like to get to know guys individually and the mentoring part, to me, has gotta be personal, it's gotta be more of a one-on-one relationship. And then the other component is how you work yourself and how you take care of yourself and people see that. Guys are smart. They see who's in the gym, who's not in the gym, who leaves right after practise, who gets to practise 10 minutes early, and who gets to practise two hours early. Who's in the treatment room every day, who's in the cold tub after every practise, by a month into the season you see all that stuff and that, to me, is as much mentoring as anything else. And as the season goes on you get the opportunity to share past experience and that can be helpful as well.''

That took a long time. Just note: Redick also said that he's looking forward to getting Pels guys on the Redick pod. He named Zion, Jrue, Lonzo, and Ingram.

Pelicanidae , just wanted to tell you I appreciate everything you do for this forum I don’t always agree with you ( especially about the Laker guys ) but you know your stuff and do a lot for this forum . Appreciate it all you do !

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Pelicanidae , just wanted to tell you I appreciate everything you do for this forum I don’t always agree with you ( especially about the Laker guys ) but you know your stuff and do a lot for this forum . Appreciate it all you do !

thank you! I really don't mind it, a lot of the streams, press conferences, podcasts, etc, all come out here well after I'm finished with whatever stuff I have to do during the day, and I don't have any kids that I need to deal with or anything, so I always figure if I'm gonna watch the presser or listen to the pod, I might as well write up the stuff for people who either can't catch it, don't wanna spend an hour watching it, or want to have it written out later to refer to. That's an advantage my time-zone gives me a disadvantage would be all the games that start at 3am...

I like to think that whenever there's a disagreement, we all understand that at the end of the day, we only disagree because we care about our team and our franchise and want the best outcome for everyone. Cause of that, even if sometimes the squabbles get a little intense at times, it's all ultimately friendly and whatever happens, it comes from a place of mutual love of the franchise.

Disagreements are good as well. Generates conversation, debate, discussion, and all of that is good for the community. The worst thing that could happen is if we all agreed on everything and only showed up once a week to make sure consensus was maintained. That would be boring as hell.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Key quotes from the Redick pod, for those who either don't wanna spend 54 minutes listening to JJ Redick talk about stuff, including stuff which has nothing to do with the Pelicans at times:

About the signing delay:

''It was almost ready to sign last week.. and then Tropical Storm Barry came through. Apparently the General Council of the Pelicans had to evacuate his family. Yeah, serious stuff. Hopefully everyone down in New Orleans is doing okay, and my wife and Knox and Kai [JJ's kids] and I are all excited to get down there at some point in the next couple of months.''

How much do you know about NO as a city?

''That's a great question. I feel like I know there's a very popular food culture there, some say the best in the U.S. [short discussion about maybe doing a spin-off podcast that's just about food]. I believe it was the birthplace of jazz, or at least maybe I've heard that, but there's obviously the Jazz Festival down there, Mardi Gras, of course. I know that they love their sports teams, particularly the Saints, and we're hoping to bring some of that energy to the Pelicans. I know that they've had a couple of unfortunate storms come through, obviously Hurricane Katrina was in the fall of my senior year. You know, I've talked to CP about this because that was supposed to be his rookie year and he ended up having to go to OKC that year because of Katrina. So it's a place that, you know, I feel like is on the up-and-up, there's a lot of excitement about the team, obviously getting Zion is huge.

One other thing I know about New Orleans is that there's a big entertainment industry down there. Shows, movies, etc, there's a lot of things that are being filmed down there. One time I was leaving Cochon, which is a Donald Link restaurant, with Blake Griffin and Spencer Hawes, and we were walking back to our hotel and we saw a set, and Blake decided to walk on the set and act like he belonged there. It was a James Patterson book show on CBS, I don't think it lasted very long, I don't think it made it to the end of the first season, but that was an interesting experience. [...] Also, there's kind of that historical aspect to the city, because of, you know, the French influence and it being a sort of Naval hub at one point, so there's a lot of stuff going on. I'm excited to explore and get to know the city and know all the awesome people down there. Shout out Drew Brees.''

Talk about how free agency works. You don't need to go to New Orleans to sign, right?

''Yeah, so, it's funny cause there's been a lot of people even in the last two week who have reached out to me and been like, 'hey are you selling your place in Brooklyn', or 'hey are you already down in New Orleans?'. The answer to that is no, and no. So, basically we came out here as a family for the month of July to the Hamptons, and when I committed to Griff and Trajan Langdon during free agency Griff was like, 'hey do you wanna come down for a press conference, or come out to Vegas, or down to New Orleans, or whatever', and I said to him verbatim, I was like, 'I don't mind doing that, and if it's important to you guys, I'd be happy to come down but my preference would be to just maximise this family time'. But I did have to go, I took a car to New York last week for the full day, and I had three physicals and an MRI that I had to do for New Orleans. They outsourced the doctors, the Ortho guy was the Nets' guy, and the medical doctor was the Knicks' doctor, and I had to do my stress test for my heart and get an MRI, so I had to do all that.''

Thoughts about committing to a contract and then it taking two weeks to actually get signed

''Look, I thought for sure that I would retire in Philly. I thought that, and that was even a conversation that I had with Josh Harris. Sometimes the economics of things don't work out, and even prior to those conversations when I had heard that New Orleans might be a possibility, there was a genuine excitement that I had, this was not just me saying 'oh I'm just gonna go take whatever money', this was, 'oh I think this is a great basketball fit, it's a team on the up-swing, there's a lot of excitement around Zion and all the other young guys they got in the AD trade, and obviously the other kids they drafted looked awesome in Summer League as well', so I'm excited about that. And then the other big component of that was Jrue, Jrue Holiday. Jrue and I spoke before free agency - is that tampering? I don't know, they don't enforce it anymore, [...] - but we just chatted on the phone and I told him like, man, you're one of my favourite players in the NBA and I truly mean that, he's someone I've just respected and admired as a person and as a player for a long time, so as much as it was the young guys and the opportunity to sort of play that mentoring role and all that, a big part of it was the opportunity to get to play with Jrue, that was a huge piece of it.''

How much do you know about some of their young guys?

''Obviously I know, I watched Zion a ton at Duke, as many games as I probably watched as a pro, maybe eight or ten games this year, all of the tournament games. I love his skillset and all, but what I love the most is the kind of person he is. Even before New Orleans had won the lottery, Coach K had called me right after we lost to Toronto and we were just chatting about RJ and Zion and he basically said that Zion is the best kid in the world. So again, that's exciting, to be able to work with someone and help someone as they navigate those first few years that's all ears and is open to things. [Tommy mentions how many Duke guys there are on the roster] Oh yeah, it's Duke South! Frank Jackson, Jahlil, me, Brandon, Zion, and then Trajan Langdon the GM. I mean, Trajan's only been there a few months, imagine what's gonna happen 5 years from now. We may have an all-Duke team.''

What is it like, having already committed to a team, and watching all of this crazy stuff happen in free agency?

''Okay, so, with respect to our own team, I was hoping we would get Derrick Favors. I had gotten wind that this Jazz/Bogdanovic thing was real after Mirotic had, you know, decided to do something else, so that means to clear that space Favors could be on the market. So I was hopeful we got him, so that was exciting.''

The roles of Griff and Trajan in recruiting:

''Yeah, so Trajan and I, I mean I've known Trajan for... jeez... 17 years now? I remember Trajan from when I was like, a freshman or sophomore at Duke. He was still an active player and he came back one summer during one of our summer camps and pulled me over into Coach K's office and we chatted for about three hours about life and how to better commit myself to being essentially what I've become. So he's been a friend for a long time, so in those dealings with New Orleans it's been mostly Trajan and then my agent and Griff have gone back and forth discussing the contract and working out the logistics of everything.''

What New Orleans food/restaurants are you most excited for?

''I think I've talked about this on the podcast before but the wood-fired grilled oysters with the chili butter sauce at Cochon are to die for. That, to me, and the butchers shop and sandwich place next door is incredible. There are a lot of places in New Orleans that I haven't really tried that are sort of the institutional places, [Tommy asks if he's done the beignets], at Café du Monde? Yeah I've done those. Many times. So, uh, there's a lot, I think, that I'm excited about and also when you're a visiting player and you're in town for a day and you're on a road-trip, generally you're not doing a ton of exploring. So some of the neighbourhoods, the garden district, and uptown and all that stuff that I haven't really spent any time in, I'm excited to explore.''

Terrible out of context food quote from JJ Redick here, found at 33:35 in the pod:
    ''a hotdog is a taco.''

When you go to a young team, how much of your role is mentoring?

''It's a good question, and I kind of went through it two years ago in Philly. My whole thing is if you walk into a locker room you've never been in before and immediately just start talking and acting like you're the expert on everything, that generally rubs people the wrong way. I've had some team mates that've done that. So that's just not my strategy at all, I like to get to know guys individually and the mentoring part, to me, has gotta be personal, it's gotta be more of a one-on-one relationship. And then the other component is how you work yourself and how you take care of yourself and people see that. Guys are smart. They see who's in the gym, who's not in the gym, who leaves right after practise, who gets to practise 10 minutes early, and who gets to practise two hours early. Who's in the treatment room every day, who's in the cold tub after every practise, by a month into the season you see all that stuff and that, to me, is as much mentoring as anything else. And as the season goes on you get the opportunity to share past experience and that can be helpful as well.''

That took a long time. Just note: Redick also said that he's looking forward to getting Pels guys on the Redick pod. He named Zion, Jrue, Lonzo, and Ingram.
    THANKS!!

There is so much local food specific to New Orleans to talk about, yet these interviewers always bring up the same 3 things. I mean I haven't been to Cafe Du monde in 20 years and haven't had a beignet in 10 years. and aint trying to have any either.

I'd rather have a muffelata, stuffed mirliton, file gumbo (not seafood), crawfish pie, then some pecan candy or a gentilly cupcake.

And I still miss a deep dish lemon hubiq's. Bringem back.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    There is so much local food specific to New Orleans to talk about, yet these interviewers always bring up the same 3 things. I mean I haven't been to Cafe Du monde in 20 years and haven't had a beignet in 10 years. and aint trying to have any either.

I'd rather have a muffelata, stuffed mirliton, file gumbo (not seafood), crawfish pie, then some pecan candy or a gentilly cupcake.

I'm actually hoping JJ does do that food based spin-off podcast, because apparently he's a real foodie type. I'd hope he'd be up for talking about some places that aren't just the big names: I've never even been to New Orleans and I feel like Café du Monde and beignets are kind of overhyped just every time someone talks about New Orleans, the conversation immediately goes to food, then to beignets.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

There was actually an article online today about Hubigs. They'll be putting a facility in Jefferson Parish and should be back in production hopefully in 2020.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/life/f...8-7dce8fbcb726

I'm actually hoping JJ does do that food based spin-off podcast, because apparently he's a real foodie type. I'd hope he'd be up for talking about some places that aren't just the big names: I've never even been to New Orleans and I feel like Café du Monde and beignets are kind of overhyped just every time someone talks about New Orleans, the conversation immediately goes to food, then to beignets.
    Because its a signature item, just like a Hurricane drink.. They're not the best, but they're the most well known, that's all.

Redick's bank heist team of Chris Paul, SJax, and Marcin Gortat is too perfect.
    Last edited by Pelifan; 07-19-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Thread Information