Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductory Press Conference: Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, and Favors.

Pelicans Introductory Press Conference: Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, and Favors.

So now it's official, we know when they'll be meeting the press for the first time as members of the New Orleans Pelicans: July 16th, 2019, at 3PM CT.

That's 8PM here in the UK (British Summer Time), and I believe 12pm Pacific Daylight Time.

I will, as always, be transcribing much of the press conference for those who will be busy at that time, or who want to have the text written out to refer to later.

Looking forward to hearing what the guys have to say, particularly Ingram and Favors since they're the ones we've heard from the least. Lonzo did that ESPN interview, and Hart has been very vocal about his positive outlook towards New Orleans and the Pelicans organisation, so we've already had a little bit of a taste of their perspectives, whereas Ingram and Favors have been relatively quiet about the entire thing so far. Hopefully it will be a good one.

What kind of questions do you want to see asked at the presser tomorrow?
    Basketball.

I'm pissed JJ Reddick won't be there. I know folks are saying not to worry about him because trades and other things may be going on to make I'm unofficial but my anxiety and seeing players and terms of agreements fall out this summer is telling me otherwise.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I'm pissed JJ Reddick won't be there. I know folks are saying not to worry about him because trades and other things may be going on to make I'm unofficial but my anxiety and seeing players and terms of agreements fall out this summer is telling me otherwise.
    All of those players were acquired in trades.

I can't deny that a subconscious part of me is anxious for the Redick signing to just be done and official.

On the other hand, I feel like Redick has enough of a professionalism and is a decent enough guy not to mess anyone around, and I think that's also true when it comes to Griff. If they agreed on something, I believe that they meant it, and will carry it through.

It's very possible that Redick is just busy right now. There have been times before where NBA players have delayed signing a contract simply because they're on vacation or something, so it could easily be something similar.

Will still let out a sigh of relief when it's finished and sorted though.

The signing isn't official yet because Griffin still wants the cap space incase he can make some other trades. Reddick will get his deal signed but the only thing signing it now does is reduce the Pelicans flexibility while we still have an extra guy on the roster.

Maybe we will make another trade, maybe we won't but no reason to rush the signing while we could possibly make a move.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The signing isn't official yet because Griffin still wants the cap space incase he can make some other trades. Reddick will get his deal signed but the only thing signing it now does is reduce the Pelicans flexibility while we still have an extra guy on the roster.

Maybe we will make another trade, maybe we won't but no reason to rush the signing while we could possibly make a move.
    Who else is unsigned then? We have no bird rights on Redick so cannot exceed the cap to sign him.

The people in this presser are all trade pieces under contract. JJ will sign whenever then Miller thereafter. Should JJ back out it may change Millers deal. Plus, Wood and Williams issue is still unresolved, still an option to trade/cut whatever, also Moore could be bait as well. At least one of these 4 will be gone
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 07-15-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    The people in this presser are all trade pieces under contract. JJ will sign whenever then Miller thereafter. Should JJ back out it may change Millers deal. Plus, Wood and Williams issue is still unresolved, still an option to trade/cut whatever, also Moore could be bait as well. At least one of these 4 will be gone
    Nobody still believes Wood will be on the roster come the regular season, right? It's pretty evident that he's probably not going to be here.

Christian wood is really sound at pf and I hope we don't give up on him and he comes back to haunt us. he's already a better player than miller and getting better

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nobody still believes Wood will be on the roster come the regular season, right? It's pretty evident that he's probably not going to be here.
    I don't but for now he is a trade option. He is due about half his salary, 800 thousand, but not until first regular game. He is still in play.

Quote Originally Posted by clark griswald View Post
    Christian wood is really sound at pf and I hope we don't give up on him and he comes back to haunt us. he's already a better player than miller and getting better
    Not likely, no roster spot.

Why in the world would JJ forgo 13M to play elsewhere for the minimum? That's all that's available now.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clark griswald View Post
    He was just waived.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Who else is unsigned then? We have no bird rights on Redick so cannot exceed the cap to sign him.
    It's not about who else is unsigned. It's about flexibility in possibly working trades. Once you sign the deal you eat that cap space. Of course we can't exceed the cap to sign him but in a trade maybe we just need the space temporarily or maybe it's to fit in a non guaranteed contract that we can then cut to fit Reddick.

Maybe we do nothing with it. But it makes sense to not rush the signing while we still might be trying to make Moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's not about who else is unsigned. It's about flexibility in possibly working trades. Once you sign the deal you eat that cap space. Of course we can't exceed the cap to sign him but in a trade maybe we just need the space temporarily or maybe it's to fit in a non guaranteed contract that we can then cut to fit Reddick.

Maybe we do nothing with it. But it makes sense to not rush the signing while we still might be trying to make Moves.
    I am guessing it may be Miller's deal that has not been turned in and there is the possibility that Melli was signed with the room exception (or not yet turned into league office waiting to see if they need to use the room exception). So, you're right in that they may be waiting to see if someone like Moore gets dealt in a deal for more salary and then they can stack the order of transactions to fit properly using space and/or exception.

REDICK SIGNED

IT'S OFFICIAL

REDICK SIGNED

IT'S OFFICIAL
    Yes!! Now Darius Miller

..jk

Might be after they couldn't find a trade for the young guys to clear a spot and decided to cut wood that, that was enough. I was never worried about the Reddick deal falling through. Glad to hear it's official though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    May have to sneak watching this while at work.

Press conference incoming!

Josh Hart with his own little greeting! Lonzo in the red jersey, Hart in the white. Wonder if we're gonna see Ingram in the blue next or something.

Josh Hart with his own little greeting! Lonzo in the red jersey, Hart in the white. Wonder if we're gonna see Ingram in the blue next or something.
    Ingram in Blue and Favors in Mardi Gras?

Lonzo kinda suits that red

You can watch on Pelicans.com’s live stream of the event per pelicans media guide. https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/fi...s-july-16-2019

"1) It’s yet another eventful day in the 2019 offseason for the Pelicans, who will introduce new players Derrick Favors, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Josh Hart today at a 3 p.m. Central press conference. You can watch on Pelicans.com’s live stream of the event."
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 07-16-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    any idea how we can watch this?
    Will be live streamed on the Pelicans twitter, and also on the Pelicans website and the Pelicans app.

As always, I will provide a transcription for anyone who cannot catch it here in the thread.

Thread Information