Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Introductory Press Conference: Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, and Favors.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    He’s always been that way even when he was at Duke most chilled laid back dude in the league lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha yea he is very laid back. Everyone always thinks he’s high haha. He’s very similar to Kawhi with his in court demeanor and I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Haha yea he is very laid back. Everyone always thinks he’s high haha. He’s very similar to Kawhi with his in court demeanor and I love that.
    He is definitely high though, as well.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Lonzo shutting down entire Orlando team . The play Josh and BI we’re talking about in the press conference
    https://youtu.be/3KUt1KBeh5w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ******** teams might have to put bigger guys on both at the offensive end then that leaves everyone else on smaller guys but yeah that defense from both is going to be exciting

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Dude as they were walking off the dais, Lonzo looked damn near 6'8 he barely looked shorter than Favors. Obviously they were hunching a little, the perspective was all off, but still was a crazy little optical thing there.

I would bet Lonzo is 6’8.. when these kids are that young and get measured they are near guaranteed to grow already an inch or 2 as their bodies fill out. I would be more the half of the kids that get measured before 20 years old grow 1”-2” and in some cases more.

He is definitely high though, as well.
    lol, high? dude isn't even on the planet puts gentrys high look to shame lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I would bet Lonzo is 6’8.. when these kids are that young and get measured they are near guaranteed to grow already an inch or 2 as their bodies fill out. I would be more the half of the kids that get measured before 20 years old grow 1”-2” and in some cases more.
    Obviously when players get traded, they have a medical and everything, and in 90% of proper medical evaluations they take your barefoot height and your weight. I'd love for them to release that new information whenever a player gets traded or signs with a new team. That new height/weight update.

We already gotta be combating these narratives? Jesus Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    BI is stoned as $$$$.
    No that is D’Angelo Russell that likes the weed.

Favors looking good in the Pelicans red

I always forget how long Favors' wingspan is. His arms just go on forever He's 6'10 (and legit 6'10, not secretly 7'0) and his wingspan is 7'5''. Just for comparison, AD's wingspan is 7'5'' as well, and we've all known he's secretly 7'0'' for years.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    No that is D’Angelo Russell that likes the weed.

Half the league does.

Guys, I know it's been said before, but Jesus Christ this man needs to gain weight. His shoes weigh more than he does. This man is 6'10, and weighs 189lbs. He is 30+lbs lighter than Hayes, who, from what I've heard recently, is so skinny and frail that he will snap if you breathe near him. He is 7 inches taller than E'twaun Moore, and is listed as weighing 1lb LESS.

I'm legitimately worried for him. He walked into the league weighing far too little, has been in an NBA environment (even a terrible Lakers' one) with NBA training staff, professional trainers and nutritionists, and he is STILL underweight, but like 30lbs. Can he just not put on weight at all? It's been three full years.

I know people have compared his frame to Durant's, but Durant weighs nearly 40lbs more than Ingram: 89kg to 109kg (for reference, Lebron's listed weight is 60lbs heavier than Ingram, and Zion is 95lbs heavier).
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 07-16-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Guys, I know it's been said before, but Jesus Christ this man needs to gain weight. His shoes weigh more than he does. This man is 6'10, and weighs 189lbs. He is 30+lbs lighter than Hayes, who, from what I've heard recently, is so skinny and frail that he will snap if you breathe near him. He is 7 inches taller than E'twaun Moore, and is listed as weighing 1lb LESS.

I'm legitimately worried for him. He walked into the league weighing far too little, has been in an NBA environment (even a terrible Lakers' one) with NBA training staff, professional trainers and nutritionists, and he is STILL underweight, but like 30lbs. Can he just not put on weight at all? It's been three full years.

I know people have compared his frame to Durant's, but Durant weighs nearly 40lbs more than Ingram: 89kg to 109kg (for reference, Lebron's listed weight is 60lbs heavier than Ingram, and Zion is 95lbs heavier).
    Some guys are genetically skinny bro. Guys like BI and KD will forever be skinny. If BI tries to eat a ton of food his belly will get big and that's it. Maybe they can put a lil muscle o him but he may not be able to hold it. Not every frame is meant to be built like an action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Some guys are genetically skinny bro. Guys like BI and KD will forever be skinny. If BI tries to eat a ton of food his belly will get big and that's it. Maybe they can put a lil muscle o him but he may not be able to hold it. Not every frame is meant to be built like an action figure.
    I understand that some people have naturally thinner frames.

But maybe you missed it in my post: I know KD will forever be skinny. KD weighs 40lbs more than Ingram does. There's skinny and there's just flat out too thin. Brandon Ingram is so thin that he dreams of the day he has a physique like Durant does. He needs to put on some weight. I'm not talking big weight. I'm not saying Ingram needs to try and beef up to 240 to match Kawhi Leonard, or 250 to match Lebron. If he could get to 210, I'd feel much better about it, and that's still lighter than Hayes is now, and Hayes is too light!

If weight didn't matter in the NBA and this was just an aesthetics thing, then I wouldn't care. But being 189lbs at 6'10'' has an actual impact on your game in the NBA. There are people who you simply will not be able to defend adequately, and guys you will simply find it disproportionately difficult to score against, simply by virtue of your weight and strength.

Ingram doesn't need to be an action figure. But he can't be a stick figure either. He has to put on some weight.

Edit: I was just doing some research on this, to see what (if any) serious efforts LA put into gaining Ingram some weight. Did you know in his rookie season, he had to set himself alerts to remind himself to eat because sometimes he would just forget?

That is not good.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 07-16-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Favors looking good in the Pelicans red
    Photography:Strike a pose
    Favors: Like what?
    Ph: How about Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
    Favors: What!?
    Ph: like when you sit on a toilet for too long in the handicap stall and you need to use the rail to get up after difficult bowl movement

I understand that some people have naturally thinner frames.

But maybe you missed it in my post: I know KD will forever be skinny. KD weighs 40lbs more than Ingram does. There's skinny and there's just flat out too thin. Brandon Ingram is so thin that he dreams of the day he has a physique like Durant does. He needs to put on some weight. I'm not talking big weight. I'm not saying Ingram needs to try and beef up to 240 to match Kawhi Leonard, or 250 to match Lebron. If he could get to 210, I'd feel much better about it, and that's still lighter than Hayes is now, and Hayes is too light!

If weight didn't matter in the NBA and this was just an aesthetics thing, then I wouldn't care. But being 189lbs at 6'10'' has an actual impact on your game in the NBA. There are people who you simply will not be able to defend adequately, and guys you will simply find it disproportionately difficult to score against, simply by virtue of your weight and strength.

Ingram doesn't need to be an action figure. But he can't be a stick figure either. He has to put on some weight.

Edit: I was just doing some research on this, to see what (if any) serious efforts LA put into gaining Ingram some weight. Did you know in his rookie season, he had to set himself alerts to remind himself to eat because sometimes he would just forget?

That is not good.
    Meh... I think we trade Ingram at the deadline. He just the one person I don't fill strongly will be a Pelicans next year.

That is not good.
    Yeah that’s just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Meh... I think we trade Ingram at the deadline. He just the one person I don't fill strongly will be a Pelicans next year.
    Maybe that's the case, especially with his payday incoming, but really the point about his weight doesn't matter where he is. If he wants to reach his peak as a player, whether that's as a Pelican or a Hawk or a Raptor or whatever, he needs to put on some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Yeah that’s just crazy.
    I wouldn't have believed it if it was some random tweet or something, but it came from a GQ interview on his diet. Apparently he got an app to do the reminders on a regular basis for mealtimes.

He better have Ingram with him. That second helping better be for him.

Half the league does.
    I'll take the over boss.

Half the league does.
    3/4 of the country does

Brandon Ingram just became legal to go to bars at 21 years old. I repeat, he is 21 years old. Most men dont grow into their adult bodies until they are around 24 - 26 and possibly even later. Durant was just like this until he began to put on weight around those ages.

Ingram will be fine and I feel like he will have his best year next year. He has every skill you want to be a future all-star.

[QUOTE=Pelicanidae;1503075]

I’m not gonna lie , after today I’m very worried about BI. He looks sick in those photos , his lost a lot of weight ( compared to photos last year ) and he looks very unhappy ... I’ve noticed his the only one that hasn’t said much positive about being in NOLA, he hasn’t even bothered following us on socials like everyone else has , and he looks like his got a long way ahead of his recovery , hek he even said he hasn’t even started practicing shooting yet ... man I’m worried

Thread Information