Pelicans Report

Thread: Lonzo is ready

The Franchise

Lonzo is ready

Sounds like he is ready to shine in NOLA.

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/07/...ion-williamson

He gets a fresh start without all the Lakers hype on his shoulders. If he can't shine in this environment, then he can't shine anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    He gets a fresh start without all the Lakers hype on his shoulders. If he can't shine in this environment, then he can't shine anywhere.
    true dat

His dad is ready too! All is well!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    That's my view. Everyone knows that I have big question marks surrounding Lonzo (and Ingram) but from what I've seen, they're embracing New Orleans and the Pelicans organisation, and maybe, just maybe, the better culture and smaller town will be better for them mentally and that will reflect in their games on the court.

They need to improve, we all know that. But there's nowhere that will give them a bigger chance than New Orleans, and they sound like they're ready to take that chance. I'm optimistic.
    Basketball.

As I've said in a previous post, the human dynamic is a powerful weapon. So is fatherhood and family (but not necessarily BigBaller). I wish him the best and hope for good results. If you're local you know the enjoyments and the traps. Here's hoping that the team gives Lonzo and the other rooks a "locals orientation" program. If he buys into City Park, the Aquarium, music, food, people watching, JF, Rock N Bowl, and all of the other distractions the Benson family will provide, he'll be fine. He'll have the international vibe to satisfy those tastes as all of us do. His choice can be a beneficial one of he stays on the right side of town. I don't think that he will be any locker room distraction, at all. And, I sure hope Dad gives him some space and the organization requires that he keeps his distance. If he kind of gets to be a big fish kinda personna, that might not fly well.
    Last edited by Shrimpnose; 07-15-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

I couldn’t be happier with what he said in this article. I was a big fan of trading Lonzo for Beal not because of his talent but I wasn’t sure if he would fully buy in. People forget how good and talented this kid is because of his off the court stuff. I think he puts up an All-Star caliber season in Gentry’s system. Imo our team is better with Ball and Ingram over AD next season. Then you throw in Zion and company is what can take this team to another level. Ball is the real deal.

Thread Information