Pelicans Report

Thread: Predictions on final roster?

Predictions on final roster?

After this hectic off season what do yall think the final roster will look like? And do you think Griffin has a move orn2 left before the season starts.

Personally, I feel like Griff is done for now. We might see a move as the trade deadline approaches, possibly involving Moore or Miller, but given the big media run that Griff has been on lately and listening to him speak, I think he's ready to go into the season with what we have for now.

And I can't blame him, this is probably the best, deepest roster we've had in New Orleans for a long time. So, I guess to answer the question, I think the final roster looks like this:

PG: Lonzo/NAW/Frank
    SG: Jrue/Redick/Hart
    SF: Ingram/Miller/Moore
    PF: Zion/Melli/Wood
    C: Favors/Okafor/Hayes

(Yes, I listed Moore as a SF, literally just so there was three names at each position, fight me).

That's a team with 5 legit starters, and at least 4 legitimate NBA calibre backups. That doesn't even count NAW, Hayes, or Melli, since we have no idea how much they'll play or what they'll look like in the league. Have we had a team that's legitimately 9 deep in NBA talent in the entire Davis tenure?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Personally, I feel like Griff is done for now. We might see a move as the trade deadline approaches, possibly involving Moore or Miller, but given the big media run that Griff has been on lately and listening to him speak, I think he's ready to go into the season with what we have for now.

And I can't blame him, this is probably the best, deepest roster we've had in New Orleans for a long time. So, I guess to answer the question, I think the final roster looks like this:

(Yes, I listed Moore as a SF, literally just so there was three names at each position, fight me).

That's a team with 5 legit starters, and at least 4 legitimate NBA calibre backups. That doesn't even count NAW, Hayes, or Melli, since we have no idea how much they'll play or what they'll look like in the league. Have we had a team that's legitimately 9 deep in NBA talent in the entire Davis tenure?
    We barely had a team that was 5 deep for AD's time here.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    We barely had a team that was 5 deep for AD's time here.....
    It's honestly mindblowing how quickly Griff has been able to come in and just assemble a team filled with actual NBA quality talent. Obviously trading AD opened the door for a lot of that, so it's not really an option that Demps had available to him, but still.

Hopefully this won't be an issue in any serious, significant capacity, but we actually have a team that could .... brace for impact

survive an injury or two.

THIS is my list too, but really hate to see Kenny Hustle playing for someone else at the expense of EM. Maybe Griff finds a last minute deal, but like you feel he is going to use both Moore and Miller at deadline for something else

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    THIS is my list too, but really hate to see Kenny Hustle playing for someone else at the expense of EM. Maybe Griff finds a last minute deal, but like you feel he is going to use both Moore and Miller at deadline for something else
    I can't believe I forgot Kenny Hustle. I literally didn't even feel him spring to mind. I've got to do penance for that...

Personally, actually, I'm going to make an adjustment. Given that Wood hasn't played in Summer League, that there are lots of rumours surrounding him and his contract status with the front office, I'm going to choose to believe that Wood will be let go and Kenny will be retained. We're talking about the marginal back end of the roster there though, so I guess that some changes may well come.

What I am fully convinced of, though, is that the starting five and maybe the first three guys off the bench are absolutely set in stone. Lonzo, Jrue, Ingram, Zion, Favors, Redick, Moore, nd Miller will all get minutes.

I can't believe I forgot Kenny Hustle. I literally didn't even feel him spring to mind. I've got to do penance for that...

Personally, actually, I'm going to make an adjustment. Given that Wood hasn't played in Summer League, that there are lots of rumours surrounding him and his contract status with the front office, I'm going to choose to believe that Wood will be let go and Kenny will be retained. We're talking about the marginal back end of the roster there though, so I guess that some changes may well come.

What I am fully convinced of, though, is that the starting five and maybe the first three guys off the bench are absolutely set in stone. Lonzo, Jrue, Ingram, Zion, Favors, Redick, Moore, nd Miller will all get minutes.
    HAHAHA!!!! ME TOO!! Goodbye Mr. Wood

Basketball Guru
    active 12

ball/ jackson
    jrue/ jj/ moore
    ingram/ miller/ hart
    zion/ melli
    favors/ okafor

I have a feeling Kenny H stays over Wood, what with the final solution and all.

Wood:
    2019 non-guaranteed, $822,679 guaranteed if not waived on or before first reg season game
    Last edited by AusPel; 07-12-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Thread Information