Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Westbrook to Houston CP3 to Thunder

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    This offseason has been bonkers. I can't wait till Russ loses his **** on Harden.
    Let’s not forget they were teammates in OKC. Harden probably behind the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    While I agree there is actually a chance of this not being completely terrible in terms of fit, I do have to note that when they were teammates in OKC, Harden didn't yet know he was 36ppg, perennial MVP candidate. He was a sixth man, and that's all he knew at the time.

How we forget! It had a special place in his heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfV6i4aTka8

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    This will be explosive...in a good or bad way lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Harden was behind the trade but not how you think.

Harden told Morey to get CP3 gone.

Steven Adams about to average 13 rebounds per game without Russ shoving him out of the way for them

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That has a rude word in it.
    Watch this be deleted!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    That has a rude word in it.
    Watch this be deleted!!!!
    Haha, I didn't even notice that. If it gets deleted, then it's my fault for not reading the guy's twitter handle properly.

If this happens, then Miami better be asking for picks back. Because obviously they aren't going to move Butler, so the only way they could make salary would be to include at least one of their young guys, probably Winslow. If they do that, they're essentially doing OKC a favour, taking on long term salary and sending back a prospect: they will want at least one of their picks back.

Meanwhile, CP3 and Jimmy Butler migth just murder each other.

The top two most used players last year will be joining each other. Westbrook kind of took a seat back a little to Paul George last year. I think he will probably do the same with Harden. He did lead the league in assists per game which was somewhat surprising. Harden was top 6, so they should both get plenty of assists to each other. Crazy that Jrue was tied at 5th with Ben Simmons at 7.7 assists per game. But he won’t start there? I just thought with the way the offseason/free agency went, it screamed to me that Jrue is gonna play a ton of point guard this year and possibly even start. Do you want the future of your franchise to have a starting point guard that’s also still trying to find his way in the league? I would rather Zion have a vet for his first year here.

Westbrook & Harden are really close, so it shouldn’t get too sour if they start off slow. They will likely be the top 2 scorers on any one team. Man they have some really good 1-2 punch teams now in the league. Instead of some big 3s, we have some all time great big 2s!

LeBron & AD. Kawhi & PG13, Westbrook & Harden, KD(when healthy) & Kyrie, Steph & Klay(when he gets back)

Crazy that all the top players are playing with another top player lol
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-11-2019 at 09:24 PM.

If this happens, then Miami better be asking for picks back. Because obviously they aren't going to move Butler, so the only way they could make salary would be to include at least one of their young guys, probably Winslow. If they do that, they're essentially doing OKC a favour, taking on long term salary and sending back a prospect: they will want at least one of their picks back.

Meanwhile, CP3 and Jimmy Butler migth just murder each other.
    I hope that happens cause right now that OKC team would be a possible fringe playoff team like us IMO.

The NBA is going to be so exciting next year. Maybe the best parody this league has ever seen. The Rockets just got a flat out steal swapping CP3 for Westbrook and 2 late 1st round picks.. The Rockets are going to be a very good team next year. IMO Westbrook and Harden fit very well together. Plenty of ball to go around for these 2 in Dantonis offense.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    The NBA is going to be so exciting next year. Maybe the best parody this league has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    The NBA is going to be so exciting next year. Maybe the best parody this league has ever seen. The Rockets just got a flat out steal swapping CP3 for Westbrook and 2 late 1st round picks.. The Rockets are going to be a very good team next year. IMO Westbrook and Harden fit very well together. Plenty of ball to go around for these 2 in Dantonis offense.
    Can’t wait

Looking forward to seeing Westbrook in a D'Antoni offense.

He's about to average 35/15/15 on 37% from the floor and 23% from 3, and Clint Capela is going to do nothing but box out next season. Gonna average 3 rebounds a game.

Looking forward to seeing Westbrook in a D'Antoni offense.

He's about to average 35/15/15 on 37% from the floor and 23% from 3, and Clint Capela is going to do nothing but box out next season. Gonna average 3 rebounds a game.
    LOL

How we forget! It had a special place in his heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfV6i4aTka8
    ESPN SC remembered. Christ those CST graphics were so ancient.

I guess I'm the only person who looks at both rosters and, not taking injuries or future moves into account, feels like OKC could win more games than Houston.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I guess I'm the only person who looks at both rosters and, not taking injuries or future moves into account, feels like OKC could win more games than Houston.
    It's possible CP3 makes everyone around him better. Barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I honestly might agree. I'd have to think about it for a while, but while I think that Houston obviously has more star power, OKC might just have more NBA players on their roster.

Houston:

PG: Westbrook/Rivers
    SG: Harden/Gordon
    SF: House Jr/Green
    PF: PJ Tucker
    C: Capela/Hartenstein

OKC:

PG: CP3/Dennis Schroder
    SG: SGA/Terrence Ferguson
    SF: Danilo Gallinari/Andre Roberson
    PF: Patrick Patterson/Bazley/Muscala
    C: Steven Adams/Nerlens Noel

By my count, there's maybe 5 good, solid NBA players on that Houston roster. 6 if you're being generous with Rivers. Whereas OKC has maybe 7 solid guys? Arguably 8 depending on how much you like Patrick Patterson.

Edit: just to clarify, I do not like Patterson.

YHT is officially back

Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-11-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Well you guys make me feel better.

This side of Louisiana has a lot of Rocket fans that only show up when they have star power. They're acting like they just bested the clippers. I've been talking smack....feel better with knowledgeable chaps backing me up.

I don’t think they bested the Clippers but they absolutely got better. They just added an MVP caliber PG to help take pressure off of Harden. I still think CP3 is a good player but he isn’t on the same level as Westbrook and doesn’t compliment Harden as well either. Everyone seems to forget the Rockets were a blown 2nd half away from taking out the Warriors with Durant. The only team they have had problems getting past is the Warriors which everybody does.

The Rockets goal this offseason was to improve their team and get Harden some better help. Just dumping CP3s contract would cost giving up a 1st rounder. They gave up 2 1st rounders and CP3 for Westbrook. Hate him or his game but that is a steal. I’m not a Westbrook fan but he is still playing at an MVP level. The NBA is wide open and they have a good shot to get in that top 4 seed and make a run. Very possible the Rockets aren’t done on the trade market either and may be willing to give up some more picks to acquire another player. I think they will land Kyle Korver who would be a great fit and I could see them making a run and Iguodala as well. Adding Korver, Iggy, and another big would really fill out that roster nicely.

I’m just happy to see all of this talent spread around with no teams having some clear unfair competitive advantage do to loopholes in the salary cap. If our young guys develop as expected and Zion plays like a beast I really like our chances at making a deep run. Some of these teams are star heavy and don’t have a complete roster while we potentially have one of the deepest rosters in the NBA with quality players across the board. For the 1st time since I can remember we will be letting go of some very good players.

Thread Information