Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9837F1C0-0347-4115-80C7-31E95CFA1D3A.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	6474Who gets worse in this deal?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Is both an answer I'm allowed to give?
    Basketball.

I think they both get worse too. Both are bad contracts. The Thunder has to trade him to Houston (as opposed to Miami) in the interest of the Heat picks they are getting from that Paul George to the Clippers trade.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    How in the hell are Harden and Westbrook going to co-exist? They are both ball dominant chunkers.

Paul can’t be excited. He’s going from a contender to a rebuilding Thunder squad and is essentially untradeable on his deal unless the thunder add in picks which goes against what they are trying to accomplish. Will be really interesting to see how he reacts.

And for the Rockets, yeah, I think this knocks them down a peg and they lose draft capital. They just seem like a team that has maxed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    This offseason has been bonkers. I can't wait till Russ loses his **** on Harden.

Actually, thinking more about the Thunder, I feel like it depends on the standpoint you're looking at.

Does OKC win as many games, or more, than last year? No. Does it win more than it would have done without PG13 but with Westbrook only? Maybe.

PG: CP3/Dennis Schroder
    SG: SGA/Terrence Ferguson
    SF: Danilo Gallinari/Andre Roberson
    PF: Patrick Patterson/Bazley/Muscala
    C: Steven Adams/Nerlens Noel

That's not a great team, sure, but is it better than that same team but with Westbrook instead of CP3? Maybe, if only because it will allow SGA to develop more.

Damn CP3, you thought NOLA was a small market wait to you touch down in OKC!

I won’t be surprised if he demands a trade ASAP, but who would want him on that deal? If he had a deal that matched his age & play, he could likely go get him a ring with one of the LA squads. Too bad though CP3! I won’t feel bad for ya

Wonder what kind of reaction CP3 is gonna get his first game in OKC.

On one hand, he is technically returning. On the other hand... he's replacing Westbrook in Oklahoma.

Yes it kind of stinks cause OKC could actually be a better team with CP3 over Westbrook. They just acquired SGA & Gallinari to go with the big man Adams.

They lost Westbrook & PG13 for CP3, SGA, & Gallinari.

I couldn't wish more on CP3. Dude deserves to get shipped off to not even compete. Houston legit traded him like he was a bump, had include 2 picks and 2 pick swaps just to dump him. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Damn CP3, you thought NOLA was a small market wait to you touch down in OKC!

I won’t be surprised if he demands a trade ASAP, but who would want him on that deal? If he had a deal that matched his age & play, he could likely go get him a ring with one of the LA squads. Too bad though CP3! I won’t feel bad for ya
    I think he's already familiar with the OKC market, having spent his first two NBA seasons there when the Hornets were there after Katrina.

Man we got so spoilt here. Look what we got for AD compared to what plc got for Westbrook an mvp . And look what kings got for boogie etc ... and people think we didn’t get enough for AD

The Franchise
    Houston went from a second round exit team to a second round exit team..

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Houston went from a second round exit team to a second round exit team..
    And OKC went from a first round exit team to a

... possibly not playoffs teams?

One thing's for sure

For better or for worse, no matter what draft decisions we make, every draft from now until 2026 is going to be either ours, or OKC's to lose.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And OKC went from a first round exit team to a

... possibly not playoffs teams?
    I would have to agree.. I don't know that I've ever seen a trade where neither party benefited in the least lol. It was like a less than lateral move for both.

I just can't imagine Harden is going to like playing with Russ more than CP3. I feel like all the same arguments he had with CP3 will happen again. Except Russ might actually fight him while CP3 was too big a punk for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I just can't imagine Harden is going to like playing with Russ more than CP3. I feel like all the same arguments he had with CP3 will happen again. Except Russ might actually fight him while CP3 was too big a punk for that.
    On the other hand Russ and Harden are actually friends off the court, so maybe that will mitigate it somewhat?

Already seen people on twitter asking if OKC can buy CP3 out which... whew

1) Ouch. CP3 went from the Point God to people wanting him bought out. Life comes at you fast.

2) No, you can't buy him out. He's got over $120m left on his contract, and you can't even stretch his deal because you can't have more than 15% of the cap in stretched money, and his yearly pay is so massive even stretching it would be more than the 15% limit.

Yoooo this tweet is gold.

CP3 thought they were forming a Big 3 in Houston. LOLLLLLL

https://twitter.com/knicks_tape99/st...859262466?s=19

Edit: I should clarify as it's not clear, the account that posted it was a fan account but the REAL CP3 liked the post.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-11-2019 at 08:08 PM.

I thought we had one of the brightest futures in the NBA, but now it might just be OKC. They will have 2 1st round picks for a ton of years with a couple with 3 of them. They can also swap pick for a few years as well. Unreal offseason. All the players moved and picks going everywhere.

.............ouch

I thought we had one of the brightest futures in the NBA, but now it might just be OKC. They will have 2 1st round picks for a ton of years with a couple with 3 of them. They can also swap pick for a few years as well. Unreal offseason. All the players moved and picks going everywhere.
    The problem is that

1) We're starting with way more, top tier young potential than they are. You have to imagine that we also had the #2 picks in two of the last three drafts, because that's what Ingram and Ball represent. And of course, Zion.

2) None of their picks are likely to be top, top tier. Most of them are from teams which will probably be at least decent for a while (Clippers, Houston), teams with promising futures and a lot of money coming up (Miami), and even then, many of their picks are heavily protected.

The biggest difference between us is, we already have a ton of young talent and what is supposed to be our generational talent on the team. OKC still have to get lucky in the draft.

I personally wouldn't trade places with them, but they do have potential for the future.

Thread Information