Pelicans Report

Thread: Which 5-man lineups are you most looking forward to/will be used most frequently?

Which 5-man lineups are you most looking forward to/will be used most frequently?

Man, there are so many different lineups I am looking forward to seeing with this group!

Starting lineup - best defensive
    Lonzo
    Jrue
    Ingram
    Zion
    Favors (or Hayes if opposing big isn't too large or offensive)

Closing lineup - more shooting
    Jrue
    Reddick
    Hart/Moore/Melli (whoever is most on fire)
    Zion
    Favors/Hayes

Bully-Ball lineup:
    Jrue
    Ingram (or Reddick for some spacing)
    Zion
    Favors
    Hayes

Super Speed lineup:
    Lonzo
    Jrue
    Naw
    Zion
    Hayes (or Ingram, so literally anyone who gets the defensive rebound can start the break)

Zion at the point surrounded by shooters-pick 4:
    Naw
    Reddick
    Hart
    Moore
    Melli

Jrue and Zion surrounded by 3 shooters

Offensive Death Lineup?:
    Jrue
    Naw (so many moves, and from all over the court!)
    Ingram
    Zion
    Hayes (for lobs, pnr, offensive board cleanup), or Reddick for shooting

All the rebounds:
    Lonzo
    Ingram
    Zion
    Hayes
    Favors

And I Just think this would be fun:
    Jrue
    Naw
    Hart
    Zion
    Hayes

Note,: This all assumes Ingram and Zo's 3-ball remain unreliable. Hopefully I am a wrong. If they can get it up around 35 or 36% at a decent usage next season... Oh boy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Just looking at all of those possibilities is fun. I can't wait for the season to start.

The future looks awesome, but of course they couldn't pay everyone.
    Lonzo
    NAW
    Ingram
    Zion
    Hayes

Next season:

Jrue
    Reddick
    Ingram
    Zion
    Favors

Anyone who has been on this forum while I've been here knows that for me, the one thing I love watching more than pretty much anything is intense defense. Guys who can't be bothered on that end of the floor tick me off. I got snapped at more than once for calling out garbage D from guys who were playing otherwise pretty well last season, and that's probably never going to change.

As a result, the super defensive Lonzo/Jrue/Ingram/Zion/Favors lineup is going to be lots of fun for me, no doubt about that.

I'm also interested, just from a kind of analytic standpoint, about going extremely middle. Not super smallball, not super big, but where everyone is basically 6'5-6'9. Lonzo/Jrue/Miller/Melli/Zion. Something like that.
    Basketball.

Super small ball:
    F: Zion
    F: Ingram
    G: JJ
    G: Jrue
    G: Lonzo

Intriguing:
    C: Hayes
    PF: Zion
    G: JJ
    G: Jrue
    G: NAW

SF: Ingram
    SG: JJ
    PG: Jrue

I think Starting lineup, as our roster stands will be

Zo
    Jrue
    Ingram
    Zion
    Favors

But since you asked Favorite lineup I would Have to say

NAW
    jrue
    Kenrich
    Zion
    Hayes (I really Hope this kid develops a 35%+ 3 ball)

Bottom line is, we have so much potential and a lot of good players. So either some guys will not get decent mins. Or we will be running a 10-13 guy rotation.

I’m hoping this will be my favorite lineup:

SF: Ingram
    SG: JJ
    PG: Jrue

That will be one awesome lineup if Hayes looks good when the real stuff hits the fan. I can’t wait to see a lineup with Jrue, JJ, & Ingram cause it will be dangerous. That’s 3 guys that can get you 20+ any given night & possibly most nights. Add Zion & Hayes to those 3, do what?!?! Jrue running the pick & roll with either of those two will be fun to watch. JJ running off Zion screens cause he ought to be a beast screen setter with that size. Jrue, Ingram, & Zion can take you off the dribble and either get easy buckets, throw a lob to Hayes, or hit JJ for an open 3. Then you got Lonzo, NAWlins, D-Fav, Moore, Hart, & Okafor. We gonna have an unreal bench. I thought the Raptors had one of the best last year, but we might have an even better one this year. I can’t wait to see what Nico Melli looks like. Hopefully he looks like your usual stretch 4 Euro big man that can hit open 3s.

jrue
    Redick
    NAW
    Zion
    Favors

I'd also like to see
    Point Ingram
    Ball+Jackson+Hayes
    Zion+Melli
    Favors+spread floor
    Ball+Jrue+Hart
    Redick+Moore

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Lonzo
    Jrue
    Ingram
    Zion
    Favors

Should be the starting 5. I’m also excited to see NAW and Hayes on the floor together they seem to already be developing real chemistry.

I hope we get spread pick and roll with:

Jrue
    Redick
    Hart
    Ingram
    Zion

I have so many lineups I can’t wait to see which makes it impossible to list one. Just a few lineups I’m most excited to see. The crazy thing is my favorite lineups are going to be dominant in 2-3 years. IMO Jrue is someone who can play for a longtime having a skill set that ages well. Especially if he can improve his 3 point shot as he gets to the backend of his career. He’s got at least 5 years at a high level if he stays injury free. The future of this team is insanely good. We still have a boatload if draft picks in the near future and if we can just hit on 1 or 2 of them would be huge!
    Ball/Jrue/Ingram/Zion/Hayes
    Ball/Jrue/JJ/Ingram/Zion
    Ball/Jrue/NAW/Ingram/Zion
    Jrue/NAW/Ingram/Zion/Hayes
    Ball/NAW/Ingram/Zion/Hayes

Thread Information