Pelicans Report

Thread: Jaxson gets his own thread for this!

Jaxson gets his own thread for this!

I’m liking him!

I can't argue with Hayes getting his own thread. By God that guy was awesome in the 1st half of his 1st game ever.

Just insane.

His athleticism and length is top, TOP tier. That body control, fluidity, extension.

One thing that hasn't got enough praise though is that wraparound pass from NAW. So slick.
    Basketball.

He is trending on yahoo, twitter.

Remember Mr. Wowowow said we would regret trading down?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Remember Mr. Wowowow said we would regret trading down?
    I remember when I made the draft reaction thread and I gave the Hayes signing a very high rating and raved about how much I liked his potential, and then a bunch of guys had like ''meh'' views on him

Obviously it's just Summer League so I could easily still be wrong in the long term (though I hope not), but I'm feeling unreasonably smug right now.

Wow

Wow wow

Wow wow wow

I really want to see Jackson, NAW, Didi, Zion and Jaxson on the floor for 1 game or part of one game.

The 4 rookies, this draft class, can define the future of this franchise much like the Saints 2017 draft class.
    Last edited by GameBreaker; 07-08-2019 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I remember when I made the draft reaction thread and I gave the Hayes signing a very high rating and raved about how much I liked his potential, and then a bunch of guys had like ''meh'' views on him

Obviously it's just Summer League so I could easily still be wrong in the long term (though I hope not), but I'm feeling unreasonably smug right now.
    People talk about his dunk highlights... I can I get dem free throw highlights. A thing of beauty. He had to work off them jitters at first, but he work back up to 8-14.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    I really want to see Jackson, NAW, Didi, Zion and Jaxson on the floor for 1 game or part of one game.
    First game with LA... And you start the line up with...

Lonzo
    NAW
    INgram
    Zion
    Hayes

Jaxson is going to be something special to watch. For his first game he impressed. Him and Okafor need to do some work together to help with that post up near the basket would be helpful to him. Lets gooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    First game with LA... And you start the line up with...

Lonzo
    NAW
    INgram
    Zion
    Hayes
    What an incredible haul of young players!

It's Pelicans rookies that have 2 of the 3 greatest 2019 summer league highlights. And I think Hayes has #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I gotcha on NAW though, he was in my top ten its on the forum somewhere.(just looked it up had him at 7).
    Last edited by bogiesfedora; 07-09-2019 at 01:11 AM.

That was Man's dunk! Wow !

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Good God almighty.

Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    I gotcha on NAW though, he was in my top ten its on the forum somewhere.(just looked it up had him at 7).
    That's fair. I liked the pick, but I didn't love it. Obviously time will tell if NAW keeps up this level of awesome, but my prediction was that he was going to be that ''third guard'' type guy that can come in off the bench, run an offense, etc. I said that that's not a bad thing, that there were some playoff teams this year who would kill for a real, reliable third guard. But based off this one Summer League showing, he might be saying ''screw third guard, I'm that first guy off the bench, and maybe a future starter''.

Man, just rewatching some of these highlights and clips back, and I cannot believe how many times that Hayes just dove to the basket, completely losing defenders, and nothing came of it. Obviously that makes sense, the other guys wanted to run plays that weren't ''throw the ball to Jaxson'' and NAW, while he's very capable of running the point, isn't a ''true point guard'', but I'm just imagining Hayes playing with Lonzo....

I could genuinely see Lonzo averaging 10+ assists next season, depending on minutes. If Hayes gets even 15 minutes a game, he should play most of them with Lonzo and a legit shooter on the floor (Redick, maybe?) and Sideshow Lob could be just catching everything

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5Zkz.gif 
Views:	176 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	6472  

Thread Information