Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Coaching Staff Incoming...?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Possibly a Reddick situation. No hurry to go out of the way to sign. He's an old head. So, we probably just get around to it when convenient
    I mean, sure, but training camp starts within the next few weeks. You would expect whoever it is that will be our defensive co-ordinator to actually be there by then.

Bzdelik was teased at basically the same time as Redick was announced, months ago, and in that time, Redick has actually signed, done a podcast about it, and done a phone conference call with the media. Meanwhile, with the deadline looming, there has been literally zero extra news on Bzdelik.

Not saying it means anything is wrong, just means that if someone was concerned they wouldn't be crazy for it.
    Basketball.

If I remember right his contract didn't expire to late Aug or sometime into Sept so that is probably the main reason for why it seems like it's taking so long.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Nothing can be confirmed as his contract with Houston doesnt end until the end of August. Expect an announcement around labor day. Apparently he turned down offers from Lakers, Grizzlies and Bulls.

Read this on another forum.
    Like I said...

Boom

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Boom

Finally

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Finally
    true man I can not wait to see this defense now lol

Ruffins career highlight

Welcome back Jamelle McMillan !

Okay nice. Good to see Finch is still here as well, he's the kind of guy who could easily get snapped up somewhere. Hopefully Bzdelik will be able to take advantage of our roster: we are built for defense. Almost everyone is tall for their position, almost everyone is lengthy as hell, almost everyone has a shown track record of being a very good defender (Jrue, Lonzo, Zion, Favors, NAW, even Moore managed at least okay despite being out of position all of last year, and BI has had moments). Gotta be able to put together at least a top 15 D out of that.

Just around 2 weeks until training camp. 3 weeks before first preseason game.

Time flies.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Just around 2 weeks until training camp. 3 weeks before first preseason game.

Time flies.
    pretty exciting

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Boom

Yeeeees! Great news! Thx for posting.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If this team does not play well, it will not be from a lack of trying. The players, the coaches, and the front office are all the best people they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, sure, but training camp starts within the next few weeks. You would expect whoever it is that will be our defensive co-ordinator to actually be there by then.

Bzdelik was teased at basically the same time as Redick was announced, months ago, and in that time, Redick has actually signed, done a podcast about it, and done a phone conference call with the media. Meanwhile, with the deadline looming, there has been literally zero extra news on Bzdelik.

Not saying it means anything is wrong, just means that if someone was concerned they wouldn't be crazy for it.
    From July, so it was in the works... https://www.forbes.com/sites/christo.../#6ed7c8e34679

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    If this team does not play well, it will not be from a lack of trying. The players, the coaches, and the front office are all the best people they can get.
    we're all pretty excited I mean I can't wait for this season but I also know everything good that happens this year is just langgiape or however you spell it since I'm drunk lmao

Now I really cant wait. Things lookin scary across the street.

But as far as I'm concerned, the Pelicans are a legit playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Now I really cant wait. Things lookin scary across the street.

But as far as I'm concerned, the Pelicans are a legit playoff team.
    I don't really understand how people think we could be missing the playoffs this year. I mean, I do get that we have a lot of new pieces, and we don't have a top 10 star or anything, but we have a team with 5 different players on it who ranked in the top 25 at their positions by impact metrics, one of whom is the single best 2 way SG in the NBA by the numbers, along with Zion incoming who could easily be 15/8 with elite defense as a rookie!

You take that team and you give them a coaching staff that has an offense co-ordinated by Finch and Gentry, and a defense co-ordinated by Bzdelik, and you can't even imagine an 8th seed? Come on. You're totally right, people need to start giving us the same respect they would give anyone else with so much on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't really understand how people think we could be missing the playoffs this year. I mean, I do get that we have a lot of new pieces, and we don't have a top 10 star or anything, but we have a team with 5 different players on it who ranked in the top 25 at their positions by impact metrics, one of whom is the single best 2 way SG in the NBA by the numbers, along with Zion incoming who could easily be 15/8 with elite defense as a rookie!

You take that team and you give them a coaching staff that has an offense co-ordinated by Finch and Gentry, and a defense co-ordinated by Bzdelik, and you can't even imagine an 8th seed? Come on. You're totally right, people need to start giving us the same respect they would give anyone else with so much on the table.
    For me playoffs are just a plus this year. I just wanna see growth how everyone fits next to each other annnnnd a few zion highlight dunks lol

Thread Information