Jazz
    Clippers
    Nuggets
    Blazers
    Lakers
    Rockets
    Pelicans
    Warriors

Jazz, Clippers, Nuggets are locks even with this whole new phenomenon of load management. They are deep and can sustain winning even if a star misses games. The only thing would be their seeding.

Blazers maintain their positioning bc the additions of Bazemore and Whiteside. They are good additions and will add flexibility to their roster when they had none last year. Losing Harkless will be inconsequential bc Hood will be even better this year now that he knows he has a home. I see Whiteside having a resurgence to his game at the start of the year bc he will have the paint to operate more.

Lakers and Rockets are in the same boat. They are the key to whether these young teams sneak in. Both teams cannot afford one of their stars to miss significant time. I dont anticipate Harden carrying the Rockets against a significantly better West and NBA for that matter. If Bron or AD goes out for a while, their done. Margin of error is slimmer with both teams than we think.

Pelicans, Warriors and Spurs will battle for the last 3-4 spots if Lakers/Rockets falter. Pelicans have enough depth to endure the grind of a season and the only players to maybe give time off are Jrue/Redick, but the other will play in his stead. The most important players this year are Ingram and Lonzo. If they take another step in the maturation of their games, I can see this team as a 5th seed. Similar to the Nuggets last year.

Now, the Warriors are interesting bc they could end up anywhere from 4-9 seeding. I think they struggle early with scheme and integrating Dlo, but figure it out at some point. Just depends on how long it takes them. Also, if they are firmly in the race and believe Klay can come back to a comparable version of his old self quickly, i see them moving Dlo for frontcourt/wing help. They could turn Dlo into a couple of good pieces and then make a more legitimate run in the playoffs.

Kings are on the cusp but Im not sold on them yet and Mavs need more to compete. Doncic/Porzingas is not enough to carry a team.

I agree the Pels are 9th currently

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    ZION, I don’t think I can use lowercase letters for his name, is truly the x favor for how far we will go this season. There are many variable but if he adjusts and plays at the pace we play at and he stays healthy and focuses on scoring in the post and dunking the hell out of the ball I will love it.

I can’t express just how thrilled I am to have ZION on our team. Now, if Ball stays healthy and we play really tough defense and play with passion I think we could win a ton of games.

We have a lot of decisions to make still. What do we do with Moore? I think we have too many shooting guards. We will need to re-sign Favors. I have a feeling he’s going to be an all star level player this season. We might need to move Ingram or do a sign and trade next offseason. I don’t think he’s a poor man’s Durant. He’s got too many holes in his game. The key for me is that we play team ball and have a truly balanced attack and we don’t overplay any players and keep guys healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The true x-factor will be Brandon Ingram. If he can continue reaching his potential this team can go extremely far (top 4 seed). He has every tool you need to be a top 10 player in this league outside of his slight frame.

The other x-factor is how much will the Laker imports buy in to playing in New Orleans. Hart seems like he's all in, but you never know about Ingram and especially Ball.

This team will be on tv a ton, but it's still not the same as playing in Los Angeles. It's an entirely different setting here. It's not only the south but it's new orleans, which is basically an island to itself culturally.

Ingram is kinda from the south already so I think he'll adjust, but Ball is from L.A. and L.A. dudes can be a little wierd.
    Last edited by luckyman; 07-08-2019 at 02:32 PM.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    I think I'm in the minority that thinks the jazz aren't going to be as great as people think they are.

1.Denver
    2. Houston
    3. Clippers
    4. Portland
    5. Lakers
    6. Utah
    7. Pelicans
    8. Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris504 View Post
    I think I'm in the minority that thinks the jazz aren't going to be as great as people think they are.
    Any particular reason, or do you just not feel it?
    Basketball.

1. Utah
    2. Clippers
    3. Blazers
    4. Lakers
    5. Rockets
    6. Spurs
    7. Warriors
    8. Mavericks

Pelicans will replace one of those teams but too difficult to say which.

1. Clippers
    2. Lakers
    3. Denver
    4. Jazz
    5. Rockets
    6. Portland
    7. Warriors
    8. Spurs
    9. Pels
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

In an attempt to not be completely biased I my rankings are the following at the end of the season:

1. Utah
    2. Clippers
    3.Denver
    4. Lakers
    5. Rockets
    6. Portland
    7. Pelicans
    8. Warriors

I can see the Pelicans landing the 6th spot over Portland as well. Mostly because of our dept. the drain is long and although teams like the Lakers are going to be very good. Their goal will be to make the playoffs and then turn it up a notch or
    Playoff time.

I can see teams like the Pelicans, Denver, and Utah playing hard all season to get the best possible playoff position.

I love the Pelicans squad and assuming things go positively and we limit injuries... I really think this team can surprise some people!

Time will tell. Also, it will be interesting to see if the FO will make any lies if it looks like we can make the playoffs come trade deadline time.

Thread Information