Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Welcome to the New Faces: Trades Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Don't know if it's been said on the board yet, if so I apologise. The introductory press conference for traded players and free agents will be Tuesday according to John Hart's podcast
    So it is the 16th now? Reports had previously had it as the 15th.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Hey, he could have had the date wrong.

Has Redick been officially announced yet? I wonder what is holding his signing up.

Uh oh
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Uh oh
    Lets say its not abnormal. Without getting into weather details, Lake Pontchartrain is very shallow. 8-12 feet deep in most places. Therefore water heats up quicker than land and when a big thunderstorm crosses the lake, it can cause waterspouts. Basically a tornado over water. They look impressive but tend to dissipate before ever hitting land in most instances.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Lets say its not abnormal. Without getting into weather details, Lake Pontchartrain is very shallow. 8-12 feet deep in most places. Therefore water heats up quicker than land and when a big thunderstorm crosses the lake, it can cause waterspouts. Basically a tornado over water. They look impressive but tend to dissipate before ever hitting land in most instances.
    Yeah I know, (not the details of the lake, but how waterspouts happen and stuff) but I just find it funny that if this is getting Hart worried, he's gonna have a fair amount more to worry about.

He says Tuesday here
    https://youtu.be/vd1mxX6eXT4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the Ingram/Ball/Hart press conference incoming (I've heard it's going to be on Tuesday from a few places, so that seems probable) it's time to start getting hype for new faces again! Starting with this article from ESPN: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-zion-pelicans

Here's some quotes from Lonzo about being traded and coming to New Orleans:

''I was kind of excited, honestly, [...] I kind of figured someone was going to get moved soon enough. [...] So I was kind of already just waiting for it, honestly, and I was happy to go with two guys I am comfortable with in B.I. and JHart. I am excited to see what we can do.''

''I tell people when I was a rookie, I probably would have been sad, just being from L.A., having my whole family here and wanting to be a Laker. But being in the league for two years, knowing it's a business, as long you get to play, that's a blessing in itself. I'm excited to get started."

''I know New Orleans is excited to have me, and I'm excited to get started. Moving to a new team, a new situation, a new organization, new coaches, new everything -- it's a refresh, getting back to playing basketball how I know I can play."

And of course, they asked him a little about getting to play with Zion:

"Man, I've never seen somebody that size move like him. He's only 19, right? He's definitely a freak. I've never seen nothing like it. Honestly, you just got to run the lane, set screens and roll. With his game and with him getting a full head of steam, it's going to be very tough to stop him. So I think we play fast and get out on the break as soon as possible."

All very positive, encouraging signs. He's saying the right things, even if he's not being as vocal in his embrace as Hart has been I like that emphasis on playing fast, I like how he's admitted that he would have been sad to be traded as a rookie but that he's ready for something new at this point, and I like that he said he's excited. He could have been more minimal, downplayed it a little, said he was ''okay'' with being moved, things like that. But no, he's saying 'excited'', and that he's ''happy'', that's all good stuff. Can't wait for the press conference.

Thread Information