Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Faces: Trades Complete!

Welcome to the New Faces: Trades Complete!

So it's official! Hart, Lonzo, Ingram, Hayes, NAW, and Silva are all New Orleans Pelicans now. AD and Solo are GONE. Disappeared! Exited, stage left.

While the Lakers dragged their feet long enough for us to have to give up the first two games, we should be able to see Hayes, NAW, and maybe even Silva as well play in our Monday game. That would be nice: it would give them time to a run a practice, talk with the coaching staff, and just get a little feel for their teammates before throwing them into the fire.

In any case, I'm glad that it's all over now. All those ''what if the Lakers pull out of the deal'' takes from the last six weeks can just go away. For better or for worse (and I think it will be better), Anthony Davis is no longer a New Orleans Pelican, and the franchise welcomes a ton of new faces. Lonzo, Brandon, Josh, Jaxson, Nickeil, and Didi are the new wave.
    Basketball.

Also, as soon as Summer League is over, Jrue better drag Ingram to his training sessions. Boy needs to put on like 20lbs of muscle.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    What about Favors trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    What about Favors trade?
    That has not yet been made official. I'll make sure to update the thread when it goes through!

Finally! Will Hayes, NAW and Silva play in Monday game?

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I hope so! I'll let you know when we get an official statement

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I hope so! I'll let you know when we get an official statement
    Great, thanks a lot!

Also, as soon as Summer League is over, Jrue better drag Ingram to his training sessions. Boy needs to put on like 20lbs of muscle.
    I’m just worried he can’t until his mid 20s cause at 21 with that body type it’s so hard to put on weight. I hope I’m wrong tho

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    So Monday is our next game? So Hayes, NAW, & Didi should be ready to go by getting a few practices in let’s hope. Anyone know the time for the game Monday?

I wonder if we gonna have a press conference for Ingram, Ball, & Hart in NOLA tomorrow and then another for Hayes, NAW, & Didi when they get back from Vegas.

No idea how to embed instagram posts but
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzn7QJrA...d=uxmdoi80n4hq

Jaxson Hayes has signed his deal!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Sideshow Jax!
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Welcome Derrick Favors, now officially a New Orleans Pelican!

Last edited by Pelicanidae; 07-07-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Welcome Derrick Favors, now officially a New Orleans Pelican!

Huge!!!
    February 11, 2024

"The Day...Pelicans Roost...DIED."

RIP Pelicans Roost

The Griffinator strikes again...and again....and again...and again...and again...and again.

By my count, we got six live bodies, plus cash plus, and at a minimum four more future lives bodies for Davis. Seems like a steal. But what do I know?

These tweets are from a couple of days ago, but here's a reminder of what Favors' teammates in Utah thought of him:

If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Bad link

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/de...-qa-aaron-falk

Good little interview here with a Jazz beat writer, getting their views on Favors. Here are some highlight comments:

''his best offensive position is still probably at center. He can knock down a 15-footer with ease and he is one of the best pick-and-roll big men out there. He has great timing and feel and absolutely terrific hands.''

'' Rudy Gobert gets a lot of attention for his rim protection, as well he should. He’s the back-to-back Defensive Player of the Year for a reason. But Fav is an excellent defender in his own right. He’s all of 6-10 and can still switch out on smaller guys. Meanwhile, his timing and athleticism make him an exceptional rim-protector. ''

'' Fav is unflappable. He has been through it all, the highs and lows of the NBA. I will personally miss having him in the locker room because of that. Even great teams have tough losses and Derrick knows that, so he was always willing to talk with reporters afterward. His name has been in trade rumors since he was drafted and he made up his mind long ago to not let that bother him. He’s not going to be the loudest, or someone seeking attention. But he is always thoughtful and kind.''

Nothing TOO new for anyone who either liked Favors before the trade, or has been doing their homework since New Orleans got him, but still, good to see from someone who covered him in Utah for years.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Bad link
    https://twitter.com/nbaontnt/status/...071673858?s=21

How does one embed a tweet while using the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    https://twitter.com/nbaontnt/status/...071673858?s=21

How does one embed a tweet while using the phone?
    Not sure how to do it on the phone so here you go.

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/de...-qa-aaron-falk

Good little interview here with a Jazz beat writer, getting their views on Favors. Here are some highlight comments:

''his best offensive position is still probably at center. He can knock down a 15-footer with ease and he is one of the best pick-and-roll big men out there. He has great timing and feel and absolutely terrific hands.''

'' Rudy Gobert gets a lot of attention for his rim protection, as well he should. He’s the back-to-back Defensive Player of the Year for a reason. But Fav is an excellent defender in his own right. He’s all of 6-10 and can still switch out on smaller guys. Meanwhile, his timing and athleticism make him an exceptional rim-protector. ''

'' Fav is unflappable. He has been through it all, the highs and lows of the NBA. I will personally miss having him in the locker room because of that. Even great teams have tough losses and Derrick knows that, so he was always willing to talk with reporters afterward. His name has been in trade rumors since he was drafted and he made up his mind long ago to not let that bother him. He’s not going to be the loudest, or someone seeking attention. But he is always thoughtful and kind.''

Nothing TOO new for anyone who either liked Favors before the trade, or has been doing their homework since New Orleans got him, but still, good to see from someone who covered him in Utah for years.
    It’s been nothing but positive talk about favors since his departure. We have truly been blessed by the basketball gods this offseason
    I'm a grinder

Yeah, not a cross word has been said about Favors from Jazz fans, and that’s all I need to know about him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Just a heads up if you guys are bored, Josh Hart has a twitch channel and he's online right now.
    It's funny watching him get mad. lol

https://www.twitch.tv/jhartshow

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Sideshow Jax!
    More like Whole Show Jax

I like his potential.

Thread Information