Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OMG Zion! This is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen!

OMG Zion! This is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen!

Yes this deserves his own thread! Holy ******** we got ourselves a player that does this at will. Oh boy this is gonna be fun to watch. Can’t wait to see him do this to The Lakers.

Sorry I’m just now watching the replay. I got excited again. This is beautiful!

Thats his teamates (Hart/Lonzo) in the white and black shirts bottom left.

Hopefully they can at least get the Pelicans to the Finals before they all take flight to whatever large market has cap space 4 - 7 years from now.

That's one the most disrespectful plays I ever seen.

So glad we did not trade for Knox

Kawhi had a very similar steal from Ben McLemore a few years back. Twice in a row.

It's one of the most disrespectful things you can ever do to someone on the court.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Kawhi had a very similar steal from Ben McLemore a few years back. Twice in a row.

It's one of the most disrespectful things you can ever do to someone on the court.
    It's one of the greatest things that can be filmed on the court too.

Did anyone else notice how that basically took Knox out of the game too? Before that the dude was on fire, after that he basically disappeared.

It's beyond amazing!!! AD was one of the softest players ever and now we have a tough beast. WOW!!! Usually at this time of the year I cannot wait for the football season to start but man I am really excited about the NBA now and not only because of the Pels but the whole league just got so much more unpredictable with so many strong teams but no real superteams. It will be fun to watch for all the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's one of the greatest things that can be filmed on the court too.

Did anyone else notice how that basically took Knox out of the game too? Before that the dude was on fire, after that he basically disappeared.
    Saw someone on twitter saying "didn't Julius Randle do this all last season" on the tweet of this clip.

Like... If you watched Randle and thought his defense and hustle was on the level of that play all last season, then just stop watching basketball bruh. Do something you'd be better at, like underwater firework displays.

Saw someone on twitter saying "didn't Julius Randle do this all last season" on the tweet of this clip.

Like... If you watched Randle and thought his defense and hustle was on the level of that play all last season, then just stop watching basketball bruh. Do something you'd be better at, like underwater firework displays.
    Well also, Julius did this after like 5 years in the league. 6 minutes into his 1st game as a pro Zion completely embarrassed a guy so bad he ruined the guy for the rest of the game.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Knicks fans think they got a hidden gem.

Well also, Julius did this after like 5 years in the league. 6 minutes into his 1st game as a pro Zion completely embarrassed a guy so bad he ruined the guy for the rest of the game.
    I've heard a lot of people say it before, including somehow Skip Bayless of all people, but I think it's true: even if Zion takes a little while to adjust offensively to the NBA, he has the feel, instincts, motor, hustle, feet, and IQ to be a top shelf defender from day one.

5 years into his career, people are still hoping Randle will develop even half of Zion's defensive capacity.

I fought it and now I realize Pelicanadae was right about Randle.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I fought it and now I realize Pelicanadae was right about Randle.
    It's okay. We all make mistakes. I was wrong about Trae Young. It happens.

I've heard a lot of people say it before, including somehow Skip Bayless of all people, but I think it's true: even if Zion takes a little while to adjust offensively to the NBA, he has the feel, instincts, motor, hustle, feet, and IQ to be a top shelf defender from day one.

5 years into his career, people are still hoping Randle will develop even half of Zion's defensive capacity.
    I think a lot for Zion will depend on how fast his handles adjust to the NBA. Early on without handles he will be a Kenneth Faried type player offensively. With handles, he's a juggernaut.

I think a lot for Zion will depend on how fast his handles adjust to the NBA. Early on without handles he will be a Kenneth Faried type player offensively. With handles, he's a juggernaut.
    That's true. I could see more than Faried, because you can actually give Zion the ball in the post and let him create there, he's not just a garbage man type. But in terms of taking that next step, it's all about the handle. Luckily, I think Zion's got a lot of potential there. He generally keeps his dribble pretty low, can change direction without issue, and even showed some crossover work in college. For him the biggest question will be whether he can become more ambidextrous with it: he has shown some right hand use, he's not completely limited like RJ is, but he is extremely left hand dominant right now.

That's true. I could see more than Faried, because you can actually give Zion the ball in the post and let him create there, he's not just a garbage man type. But in terms of taking that next step, it's all about the handle. Luckily, I think Zion's got a lot of potential there. He generally keeps his dribble pretty low, can change direction without issue, and even showed some crossover work in college. For him the biggest question will be whether he can become more ambidextrous with it: he has shown some right hand use, he's not completely limited like RJ is, but he is extremely left hand dominant right now.
    That's true. The other benefit for Zion is, he's just an absolute beast strength wise. So even if teams know which direction he is going as long as his handles are tight enough to not allow for steals, he can bully anyone into the position he wants.

That's true. The other benefit for Zion is, he's just an absolute beast strength wise. So even if teams know which direction he is going as long as his handles are tight enough to not allow for steals, he can bully anyone into the position he wants.
    That's the benefit of his low dribble. He also leans over when he's driving sometimes, where his torso is almost parallel to the ground, and if he continues that then he's going to be pretty safe in terms of turnovers because most players aren't used to guarding lefties, let alone lefties who shield the ball with a body the size of Zion's.

He's a top 10 guy in the NBA already in terms of pure strength, I would guess. So yeah, that's exciting

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I can’t wait for Zion to guard Boogie or Lebron or AD. He will eventually go full THANOS on cocky superstars. His explosiveness and pure strength and power is the best I’ve seen in a rookie. The FLEX really made my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    This dude is the most exciting player to watch, probably in basketball period.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

I can’t wait to see what he does to Cousins and old man Rondo. Think Rondo starts a fight with him?

Really the only thing that worries me about Zion is his weight going forward. He’s 285 now as a 19 year old, what happens when his metabolism starts to slow down like it does for most of us? Hopefully we get him the best nutritionalist money can buy and hope this great food here in NOLA doesn’t get the best of him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Thats his teamates (Hart/Lonzo) in the white and black shirts bottom left.

Hopefully they can at least get the Pelicans to the Finals before they all take flight to whatever large market has cap space 4 - 7 years from now.
    We can hope they do like Jrue and sign big contracts here. If they play great and the organization can afford it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I’m getting tired of hearing the same comment about Zion’s weight. Griffin already said he’s working with trainers and a nutritionist.

It won’t be an issue.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I’m getting tired of hearing the same comment about Zion’s weight. Griffin already said he’s working with trainers and a nutritionist.

It won’t be an issue.
    Same. It looks like he put on a little bit of weight since is last real game but when you realize that was over 3 months ago you can understand why. Honestly his listed weight at 285 was probably likely a little too much for an NBA season to begin with. I have no doubt he will be in top shape and great cardio come the start of the season. We're note even to training camp yet.

Thread Information