Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Kawhi to clippers

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

That’s what AD gets for being Paul/Lebron beta
    There's a part of my that feels sad for AD; he looks mighty small right now in comparison to James, Leonard, and George.
    February 11, 2024

"The Day...Pelicans Roost...DIED."

RIP Pelicans Roost

Clippers could also make another Max salary spot and potentially steal AD next season.

Wow... Just did the math. It's crazy..

Clippers could also make another Max salary spot and potentially steal AD next season.

Wow... Just did the math. It's crazy..
    Jerry West.

1-8 in the NBA Finals.

5000000-0 as an executive.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Jerry West.

1-8 in the NBA Finals.

5000000-0 as an executive.
    Jerry West and David Griffin duking it out Executive of the year

Let's not leave out Sam Presti. The dude straight savaged the Clippers in their deal.

Not that it was bad the Clippers but it was a darn haul for the Thunder.

Kids sleeping on The Logo get caught with their pants down when moves like this happen.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Let's not leave out Sam Presti. The dude straight savaged the Clippers in their deal.

Not that it was bad the Clippers but it was a darn haul for the Thunder.
    Not sure I agree too much on that. If I'm Jerry West and I have the chance to add Kawhi Leonard on a 4 year deal to a PG13 who still has multiple years on his deal, and I already know I've got Lou Will and Pat Bev resigned relatively cheap, then I don't care about my FRPs too much. None of them will be better than #20 anyway.

Roll out that Clipps roster

Zubak
    Kawhi
    PG13
    Lou Williams
    Beverly
    Harrell
    Shamet

That is your team to beat in the NBA.

Unreal how these super star NBA players can dictate trades and almost force themselves to the team they want to join. It’s the only team sport where one player can just not play hard and effect the others around him.

Looks like Kawhi was only joining the Clippers if they got another great player. So supposedly Kawhi tried to get KD to join him in at the Clippers. But KD said thanks but no thanks cause he wanted to go to Brooklyn to join his really good friends Kyrie & DeAndre. So plan B was to talk Paul George into demanding a trade to the Clippers. PG13 is from LA just like Kawhi and has to know that OKC is not winning a championship as long as Westbrook is their top player. The Clippers have to look at it as if we don’t make this trade with OKC, Kawhi will likely go to the cross town rival Lakers to build maybe the best super team dynasty we have ever seen. Now if he would of stayed in Toronto I wish the Clippers wouldn’t of made that move, but much rather him at that other LA team. The AD trade likely helped since they can’t say well no one has seen a trade this crazy.

This is how I see the west currently:

Top: Jazz, Nuggets, Clippers
    Middle: Blazers, Rockets, Warriors, Lakers
    Hopefuls: Pelicans, Kings, Spurs, Thunder
    Fringe hopefuls: Mavs, T-wolves
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-06-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Trump even bashing Lakers . I thought the Buss family were big Trump contributors? Wait till AD finds that out . HA!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Also let’s stop acting like the Thunder somehow had George just dictate what he wanted to do. Clippers get Paul George and Thunder get Shai Gilgeous-Alexander & Danilo Gallinari along with 4 unprotected 1st round picks, 1 protected 1st round pick, and 2 pick swaps. Both teams won in this trade. You can basically add Leonard in as a get for the Clippers in the trade since he wouldn’t have signed. The Thunder also have a huge trade chip in Westbrook as well that teams like the Knicks or Celtics might be interested in acquiring in the future. The Thunder have now set themselves up to be rebuilt into a real contender.
    George did dictate what he wanted to do. He wanted to be traded to the Clippers since he got approached by Kawhi to join him there.

All the Thunder did after that was get back as much as they could, and they did. It also doesn't set the Thunder up to be a real contender. It just gives them the ammunition to be a contender if they make the right moves. They could also turn into the Suns or Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    George did dictate what he wanted to do. He wanted to be traded to the Clippers since he got approached by Kawhi to join him there.

All the Thunder did after that was get back as much as they could, and they did. It also doesn't set the Thunder up to be a real contender. It just gives them the ammunition to be a contender if they make the right moves. They could also turn into the Suns or Kings.
    Presti might have let Harden go in a trade, and KD might have walked away from the Thunder, but Presti won’t let the Thunder turn into the Kings or the Suns. Those teams lack vision, and leadership, Presti lacks neither of those things. The Thunder will go into a rebuild, but what they got through that Clipps trade is similar (if not better) than what we got to start our rebuild from the Lakers for AD.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Presti might have let Harden go in a trade, and KD might have walked away from the Thunder, but Presti won’t let the Thunder turn into the Kings or the Suns. Those teams lack vision, and leadership, Presti lacks neither of those things. The Thunder will go into a rebuild, but what they got through that Clipps trade is similar (if not better) than what we got to start our rebuild from the Lakers for AD.
    There's no universe where it's better.

We got three young players with potential. OKC got one young player with potential and a salary dump.
    We got our picks from a dysfunctional franchise run by idiots with a limited window and no way to improve. One or more of the future picks could be too 10, very easily.
    OKC got their picks from a well run franchise with a much longer window that also has the room to add talent. It would be surprising if any of these picks fall in the top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    There's no universe where it's better.

We got three young players with potential. OKC got one young player with potential and a salary dump.
    We got our picks from a dysfunctional franchise run by idiots with a limited window and no way to improve. One or more of the future picks could be too 10, very easily.
    OKC got their picks from a well run franchise with a much longer window that also has the room to add talent. It would be surprising if any of these picks fall in the top 20.
    And we got pick number 4

The Thunder got out of Lux Tax hell, and SGA is a great prospect to go along with Gallo who was performing at a bear AS a level, and in the fact that they will have cap space next year, and can sell their fans on a rebuild, that’s a win.

The draft picks they are getting aren’t just the Clippers, but the Heat’s as well, and even some of the Clipps picks will be post Kawhi and PG.

In all, not a bad haul, and even (if not better than) the AD trade.

2021 Miami (unprotected)
    2022 LAC (unprotected)
    2023 Miami (top 14 prot.)
    2023 pick swap
    2024 LAC (unprotected)
    2025 pick swap
    2026 LAC (unprotected)

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
    Danilo Gallo

AD Trade

Pelicans receive:
    Lonzo Ball
    Brandon Ingram
    Josh Hart
    #4 2019 pick
    2021 reverse top-eight protected first-rounder (which turns into a 2022 unprotected first-rounder if it doesn’t convey in two years)
    2023 first-round pick swap
    2024 unprotected first-rounder they can push to 2025 if they wish.

Obviously we made moves to acquire more assets later on (which the Thunder can do down the line as well, so neither trade has really seen its final form yet), but on their faces this is what both trades look like side by side.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 07-07-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Kawhi just signed a 4 year deal, PG13 still has multiple years on his deal. So the picks during their period of time won't be good, I think we can all acknowledge that.

So the question is (if you're betting on which picks will be better): which organisation is more likely to be good in 2025?

Clippers, or Lakers?

Obviously there's a lot of time between then and now, but just judging from what we can know this minute, there's a clear wrong answer.

And, maybe this is just me so I admit this is less concrete than the Clips>Lakers take, but the Heat will be a decent team in 2021. A lot of their money comes off their books in the next few years and they just got Butler. Winslow and Adebayo are promising, and Butler got that awful Bulls team to the playoffs in the East. With Charlotte no longer competing for that lower spot, it's fairly likely that the Heat will be a playoff team by 2021 too.

Anybody who thinks Kawhi Leonard didn't play the Lakers is delusional. Ordinarily I dislike people who make fools out of others; but in this case I tip my hat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Anybody who thinks Kawhi Leonard didn't play the Lakers is delusional. Ordinarily I dislike people who make fools out of others; but in this case I tip my hat!!!
    Indeed. Troll level: Grand Master

Thread Information