Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kawhi to clippers

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    If this works out for the Clippers. We need to all admit that Jerry West is a MASTERMIND wherever he goes
    I was just thinking how incredible the Clippers entire organization is currently. They have one of the richest owners.. Arguably the best front office executive in Jerry West.. Doc Rivers as HC.. Now have added 2 hometown super stars in the prime of their careers.. The rivalry in LA is gonna be fun to watch.

I'm leaning to think that Kawhi has definitely trolled Lebron and the Lakers organization. Clippers were confident to get Kawhi since the end of the season and probably informed Gallinari that he had many possibilities to be traded elsewhere. He reportedly recruited Paul George earlier this week, and it seems that at least Clippers did the same with Butler, but he chose Miami. He probably told the Raptors and Green that he was leaving to the Clippers if a big trade were made, but otherwise he would resign with the Raptors. They were waiting because their offseason plan was the same on each case.

But the big surprise on the Lakers FO and the fact that Kawhi didn't rush for the 6th June deadline makes me think that they were either blindfolded or Kawhi gave them fake expectations in order wait for the free agency to dry. It becomes comical they way that "insiders" were reporting Kawhi leaning to Lakers when the Paul George trade was being made in front of them. I can imagine Kawhi's camp being hermetic, but probably someone in OKC would have leaked something about the trade negotiations if they were asked. And if we look back, we can't see any sign that the Lakers were actually in the shortlist.

Moreover, it does not say any good about Rich Paul and Lebron the fact that Paul George didn't want to play with the Lakers last year but he asked for a trade to play along Kawhi now. In fact, they have been missing all non-Klutch Sports big name free agents. And even Kyrie Irving forced a trade to escape from them. But hey, it seems that this is not a story for the media. Nothing to see here.

It's a huge blow to klutch sport in my opinion.

First, no notable FA from other agency wanted to join the lakers. It now seems well known that klutch is running the show there and no other wants to be caught in the circus.
    Lakers are facing pretty much two years of aging Lebron and AD trying to carry the lakers all by themselves. Also I'm curious how the trade kicker thing will be handled.

Second, CAA's Aaron Mintz made the perfect demonstration on how to handle a trade request to have your client in his favorite destination without the PR nightmare.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelispanish View Post
    I'm leaning to think that Kawhi has definitely trolled Lebron and the Lakers organization. Clippers were confident to get Kawhi since the end of the season and probably informed Gallinari that he had many possibilities to be traded elsewhere. He reportedly recruited Paul George earlier this week, and it seems that at least Clippers did the same with Butler, but he chose Miami. He probably told the Raptors and Green that he was leaving to the Clippers if a big trade were made, but otherwise he would resign with the Raptors. They were waiting because their offseason plan was the same on each case.

But the big surprise on the Lakers FO and the fact that Kawhi didn't rush for the 6th June deadline makes me think that they were either blindfolded or Kawhi gave them fake expectations in order wait for the free agency to dry. It becomes comical they way that "insiders" were reporting Kawhi leaning to Lakers when the Paul George trade was being made in front of them. I can imagine Kawhi's camp being hermetic, but probably someone in OKC would have leaked something about the trade negotiations if they were asked. And if we look back, we can't see any sign that the Lakers were actually in the shortlist.

Moreover, it does not say any good about Rich Paul and Lebron the fact that Paul George didn't want to play with the Lakers last year but he asked for a trade to play along Kawhi now. In fact, they have been missing all non-Klutch Sports big name free agents. And even Kyrie Irving forced a trade to escape from them. But hey, it seems that this is not a story for the media. Nothing to see here.
    Yep, it's becoming clear.. not only do front offices and owners despise Klutch, the players don't think too highly of them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    It's a huge blow to klutch sport in my opinion.

First, no notable FA from other agency wanted to join the lakers. It now seems well known that klutch is running the show there and no other wants to be caught in the circus.
    Lakers are facing pretty much two years of aging Lebron and AD trying to carry the lakers all by themselves. Also I'm curious how the trade kicker thing will be handled.

Second, CAA's Aaron Mintz made the perfect demonstration on how to handle a trade request to have your client in his favorite destination without the PR nightmare.
    Davis is not going to renounce anymore, probably. One thing is to loose 4 millon for being a contender and a very different one is to handle that money to Danny Green. I'm more curious to see if they are going to reunite his "friends" Rondo and Boogie. If Davis wasn't so passive, he would fire Rich Paul and walk to NY next year.

I just woke up and saw this, and wow.

I thought he was going to go back to the Raptors because we hadn't heard anything about the Clippers in a while but hey, I guess the silent assassin works well for getting Kawhi, right?

And Paul George? That duo is going to be HELL on defense, and not too shabby on offense either.

Of course, I'm absolutely thrilled that LA is now completely doomed to a team filled with low tier talent: we're already seeing that in their reacquiring for KCP and McGee for a combined $16m. They only have $16m total to fill out the rest of their roster now, and the lion's share of that is going to go to someone like Marcus Morris, who is good but no difference maker. Lakers will be a 45 win team depending on how much ''load management'' they do, and will be UTTERLY outclassed by the Clippers come playoff time.

Is it time to make it official? Is Jerry West the greatest executive in the history of basketball? And if Kawhi heads to the Clippers and immediately leads them to their first franchise championship, how far does he rise all time? I have him top 20 all time right now, but if he does that we might have to discuss top 10.
    Basketball.

Davis is not going to renounce anymore, probably. One thing is to loose 4 millon for being a contender and a very different one is to handle that money to Danny Green. I'm more curious to see if they are going to reunite his "friends" Rondo and Boogie. If Davis wasn't so passive, he would fire Rich Paul and walk to NY next year.
    It’s too late. Once you wave it, you can’t get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    It’s too late. Once you wave it, you can’t get it back.

Has he officially waived it though? The trade isn't official yet. He's just said he was going to waive it, obviously now he gets to make the actual choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Has he officially waived it though? The trade isn't official yet. He's just said he was going to waive it, obviously now he gets to make the actual choice.
    Once you announce it, you can’t get it back.

If that's true, then fair enough.

It's not classy, but you can. And in this case I think people would understand.

It's not classy, but you can. And in this case I think people would understand.
    No it’s too late. And no one forced him to do it.

No it’s too late. And no one forced him to do it.

I agree with that.

Seen a bunch of Lakers fans on twitter saying ''Oh well, they still ain't gonna win any rings tho, AD and Lebron gonna run them out of the Staples Centre''

Like... how absolutely moronic do you have to be to think that this Lakers team is in ANY WAY better than this Clippers team:

Lakers:

PG: As of today, nobody
    SG: Danny Green/KCP
    SF: Lebron James/Jared Dudley
    PF: Anthony Davis/Kuzma
    C: Javale McGee

Clippers:

PG: Patrick Beverley
    SG: Kawhi Leonard/Shamet/Lou Will
    SF: Paul George/Wilson Chandler
    PF: Montrezl Harrell
    C: Ivica Zubacs/Kabengele

Just visited a Lakers forum to see how they're handling it, and they're infuriated. Screaming that Kawhi wasn't engaging them in good-faith, and how he'll never be loved in LA, and how Ballmer needs to move the Clippers to Seattle TOMORROW or else Kawhi is going to be pelted with garbage when he walks down the street

As if the Clippers have no fans, as if there won't be bandwagoners joining their fanbase, etc.

This is fantastic because it means EVEN IF the Lakers are good, they need to run through a gauntlet that includes these Clippers, Utah, Denver, and Houston before they can even consider a finals trip, and if they ever manage to get there, Giannis and the Bucks or Philadelphia will be waiting to hit them hard. They have absolutely no guarantee of ANY rings at all. Lebron's 35 this upcoming season, and he's got AD, who is a fantastic player, but his third best guy is now Danny Green.

Lakers fans just incensed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Seen a bunch of Lakers fans on twitter saying ''Oh well, they still ain't gonna win any rings tho, AD and Lebron gonna run them out of the Staples Centre''

Like... how absolutely moronic do you have to be to think that this Lakers team is in ANY WAY better than this Clippers team:

Lakers:

PG: As of today, nobody
    SG: Danny Green/KCP
    SF: Lebron James/Jared Dudley
    PF: Anthony Davis/Kuzma
    C: Javale McGee

Clippers:

PG: Patrick Beverley
    SG: Kawhi Leonard/Shamet/Lou Will
    SF: Paul George/Wilson Chandler
    PF: Montrezl Harrell
    C: Ivica Zubacs/Kabengele
    Moe Harkless not Chandler
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 07-06-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Moe Harmless not Chandler
    Eh, either way, point remains. Lakers thoroughly outclassed.

Now it’s time for the Pels to engage the Thunder and Wizards in a 3 team trade to send Beal to the Pels and Westbrook to Wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    Now it’s time for the Pels to engage the Thunder and Wizards in a 3 team trade to send Beal to the Pels and Westbrook to Wizards.
    Not only would this never happen (Wizards, again, do not have a GM right now and their interim guy is almost certainly not permitted to make moves of that scale), but it's a horrible trade for the Wizards.

''Oh hey, Wizards, we get that you're in salary cap hell and have one of the worst contracts in basketball on your cap sheet, from John Wall and his exploded legs, but we were wondering if we could take your 25 year old superstar on a solid value contract and instead exchange it for ANOTHER of the worst contracts in basketball, in the form of this Westbrook deal! He's only gonna be earning $47m at the age of 33 and already cannot produce a real winning team, it's a bargain!''

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    While it turns another team into a contender, it doesn’t make the Clippers insurmountable either. There is an iteration of the future where the Pelicans make a deep playoff run this year where we face one of those teams 1st round and surprise everyone by winning

The teams that didn't move out everything for a star that will walk after a year look a little smarter this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    While it turns another team into a contender, it doesn’t make the Clippers insurmountable either. There is an iteration of the future where the Pelicans make a deep playoff run this year where we face one of those teams 1st round and surprise everyone by winning
    Kawhi signing with New Balance was a sign for the future.

He has restored parity to the league.

Next year will be fun.

I knew he wasn’t going to the Lakers, but damn it stinks he’s back in the western conference. The Clippers move right up there with the Jazz & Nuggets IMO.

The Thunder got an absolute haul for Paul George. SGA, Gallinari, and more 1st round picks than we got (unprotected 2022, 2024, 2026, Miami’s unprotected 2021 & a their protected 2023, swap picks in 2023 & 2025 if they want)

I’m just glad he stuck it to the cross town rival Lakers who will end up with no All Star type free agent unless they sign Boogie. Nevermind they already signed some players. Danny Green & JaVale McGee?!?! Championship!! LMAO! I knew he wasn’t signing with the Lakers, but I didn’t see Paul George who he had wanted to team up with, joining him in LA.

Hopefully the Lakers do what they need to do to make our trade final and we can watch Hayes, NAW, & Didi in summer league.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-06-2019 at 07:14 AM.

It's even more important for us the Lakers in two seasons, when their picks begin to convey. And it does not look good for them either.

I don't see Danny Green renouncing to 15 millions, so next summer they won't probably have cap space to sign Draymond (who is the most sound free agent for them) unless Davis walks. And in that case, it will be a huge downgrade. Their only asset for a trade right now is Kuzma. I don't remember the last time that a young player came up from nowhere and developed under Lebron. And it seems that Kidd is going to grab the head coach position anytime soon...

The only way they can revert this situation are several "what if".

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    The Thunder got an absolute haul for Paul George. SGA, Gallinari, and more 1st round picks than we got (unprotected 2022, 2024, 2026, Miami’s unprotected 2021 & a their protected 2023, swap picks in 2023 & 2025 if they want)
    Seen a bunch of people using this to say that they got MORE than we got for AD. This is incorrect.

Firstly: PG is locked up long term, AD isn't. So you have to consider that when talking about the assets.
    Secondly: We got three young players to help our rebuild. OKC got one good young player and a salary dump.
    Thirdly: Those unprotected Clippers picks are gonna be worth relatively little. 20th or worse: Clippers will be good. Miami picks might not be good either, since they just acquired Butler and will free up salary in like a year. Meanwhile the Lakers picks all stand a good chance of being top 10 picks, at worst, and because of the new lottery odds top 5 isn't crazy to consider.

Thread Information