Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kawhi to clippers

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Where can sit and watch Laker fans cry? Links?
    https://forums.lakersground.net/view...sc&start=81250

just keep refreshing....many tears incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    No.. you misunderstood me. I didn't say anything about them seeking out a trade. I was simply answering the rationale for even making the trade.
    For that package, 30/30 NBA teams make that trade. The Clippers and Lakers have no draft for the next 5-6 years.

On the flip side, they have AD, Lebron, Kawhi, and Paul George all playing in the same city.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    https://forums.lakersground.net/view...sc&start=81250

just keep refreshing....many tears incoming.
    KCP and Demarcus doing cartwheels right now. 10+ mil contracts coming up for both of them.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    As you can see a lot of Laker fans dislike, and have very little faith in the front office lol.

It feels so odd, being a fan and also feeling good about their failure. I think it's my dislike for Bron completely controlling the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    As you can see a lot of Laker fans dislike, and have very little faith in the front office lol.

It feels so odd, being a fan and also feeling good about their failure. I think it's my dislike for Bron completely controlling the franchise.
    Yea they are imploding atm...love it.

Lakers signed Danny Green for 2 years, $30 million. That takes $15 million from the Lakers' cap space.

Davis will probably bolt to the Knicks next year. Oh these Lakers picks just got much better And Clippers will have the best defense in the league

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Davis will probably bolt to the Knicks next year. Oh these Lakers picks just got much better And Clippers will have the best defense in the league
    I think they'll be absurd on the perimeter, but can you really be the best defense in the league with a poor defender like Harrell as your center?

No clue why people can't see why OKC would do this. They were never going to contend with that roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    Would y'all have rather had the Lakers AD package or that Clippers package?
    I like the young players we got, but SGA has more years on his rookie deal. I would probably have taken him over any single player in the Laker's trade given age and contract. I like the overall player package from the Laker's a bit more than Gallo and SGA though.
    I think there's more downside to the Lakers pick quality based upon Lebron's age, AD's injury history, and organizational chaos, and like our reverse protections and deferments, but 5 and a pick swap is > 3 and a pick swap.
    Shoot, it's 2 pick swaps. Crazy.
    Had AD been signed up for three seasons, that's a road we could go down, but LAC was never offering anywhere near that amount for a guy leaving in one year. We were lucky to get what we did. No use in comparing.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I dont know how this could of gotten better for us. For the lakers they are obviously have more a chance of less wins and those picks looking juicy. Yes LAC will look pretty good in the short term but PG is getting older himself and they just gave up the farm for sometime to come. What a great off season we have had.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

Had AD been signed up for three seasons, that's a road we could go down, but LAC was never offering anywhere near that amount for a guy leaving in one year. We were lucky to get what we did. No use in comparing.
    Agreed that from all reports we couldn't get anything similar from them, and so they are not worth comparing as options available to us.

I think it is worth comparing more broadly as these are likely the two biggest superstar trade packages ever, happened during the same summer, following a period when teams weren't getting much for superstars. What does this do for the price of superstars long term?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    No clue why people can't see why OKC would do this. They were never going to contend with that roster.

This but also the lakers picks should be much better than the clipps

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    Agreed that from all reports we couldn't get anything similar from them, and so they are not worth comparing as options available to us.

I think it is worth comparing more broadly as these are likely the two biggest superstar trade packages ever, happened during the same summer, following a period when teams weren't getting much for superstars. What does this do for the price of superstars long term?
    Yeah. I guess we'll see.

Toronto drove the price up. Hopefully the LAs will drive the price down with neither winning a championship and becoming quagmires on five years.

just checking in to share in the tears and laughter of joy

Thank you Kawhi! No way was he going to ride Lebron's coat tails and be second fiddle. I shall enjoy watching the Clippers dismantle the Lakers next year and beyond.

This is so good, I expect the Lakers to be a fringe playoff team next year if they can manage to stay healthy. It would be hilarious is AD leaves next year.

Like they say...Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered

I wonder if Kawhi was stringing LAL along this whole time just to force LAC to pony up the goods to get PG.

LOL, that Laker fan was close on KCP.

The Lakers are expected to bring back Kentavious Caldwell-Pope on a two year, $16 million deal, per league sources.

Now Lakers will sign only two year deals because they're planning on chasing Giannis.

Even though it makes the West tougher I absolutely love it! Much better for us then having him sign with the Lakers! Now I’m just hoping the Lakers sign Rondo and don’t get Iggy or Boogie.. Leonard/George is an incredible duo to build around along with the 6th man of the year in Lou. The Clippers imo are the better team in LA now and will be a top 4 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Even though it makes the West tougher I absolutely love it! Much better for us then having him sign with the Lakers! Now I’m just hoping the Lakers sign Rondo and don’t get Iggy or Boogie.. Leonard/George is an incredible duo to build around along with the 6th man of the year in Lou. The Clippers imo are the better team in LA now and will be a top 4 seed.
    Championship favourites easily

Also let’s stop acting like the Thunder somehow had George just dictate what he wanted to do. Clippers get Paul George and Thunder get Shai Gilgeous-Alexander & Danilo Gallinari along with 4 unprotected 1st round picks, 1 protected 1st round pick, and 2 pick swaps. Both teams won in this trade. You can basically add Leonard in as a get for the Clippers in the trade since he wouldn’t have signed. The Thunder also have a huge trade chip in Westbrook as well that teams like the Knicks or Celtics might be interested in acquiring in the future. The Thunder have now set themselves up to be rebuilt into a real contender.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 07-06-2019 at 03:20 AM.

If this works out for the Clippers. We need to all admit that Jerry West is a MASTERMIND wherever he goes

Thread Information