Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kawhi to clippers

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Kawhi to clippers

Yeahhhhhh that’s good news for us! CLIPPERS gonna be deadly. Believe it. I love that Kawhi made LAKERS wait.... I hate the LAKERS now. They will be a mess. Now the CLIPPERS really have an really good team. The LAKERS will probably get Boogie now. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pelicanchamp; 07-06-2019 at 12:59 AM.

All-Star
    Heard they traded for Paul George too

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    Heard they traded for Paul George too
    Good! He can play SG and Shai will play Point Guard with Beverly coming off the bench....!

Good god they’re going to be in the FINALS! I’m happy for them. I love that they kept their core. GSW AND LAL are dead meat

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!~!!!1!

that was unexpected...ok got to go hit laker fan forums to get those sweet tears.

The Franchise
    Lakers fan here.. (new Pels fan) No tears over here. I'm actually happy Bron didn't get his way. Also looking forward to his era with the Lakers being over, even though I can appreciate how good he is on the floor.

Where can sit and watch Laker fans cry? Links?

Nice! That's big. I wouldn't want to be shorting the Kawhi and AD Lakers in 2021-2025...

Clippers are going to be fun.

I don't get why OKC traded PG

It's happening gif
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I don't get why OKC traded PG
    They were on a treadmill.

And I want ALL of ESPN to apologize and quit their jobs. None of them sw this coming with Paul George and the Clips were said to be "out".

I want that whole staff fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    They were on a treadmill.
    Not really. Kawhi kinda set that in motion.

Leonard has been recruiting George to find a way to get to the Clippers, sources said. After Leonard pushed George to find a way to get to the Clippers, George approached the Thunder and requested a trade, sources said.

Players have all the power huh

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Not really. Kawhi kinda set that in motion.
    OKC was definitely on a treadmill. I don't think anyone expected them to compete for a title anytime soon. They might as well start a rebuild.

This can be true along with the Kawhi angle.

Wonder if this will end up being worse for us in the long run, somehow. Clippers becoming a more powerful dynasty than the Lakers could have.....Lakers somehow reloading next offseason when our picks matter as opposed to being one and done with a colossal flame out had they gotten Kawhi......I dunno. Late night and way too exhausted musings....

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent forward Kawhi Leonard has informed runners-up teams of his plans: He’s signing with the Clippers, league sources tell ESPN.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Oklahoma City is trading All-Star Paul George to the Los Angeles Clippers for a record-setting collection of draft choices, league sources tell ESPN
    Finally We have a decision. But I dont get it from OKC point off view. Why they trade George?

LOL at LBJ and more LOLs at AD... Fakers gonna be mad at everyone

Those Laker Picks just got better when AD leaves to the Clippers

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Those Laker Picks just got better when AD leaves to the Clippers
    Which is why you shouldn't let Bron's timetable dictate how you run your franchise.

Would y'all have rather had the Lakers AD package or that Clippers package?
    I like the young players we got, but SGA has more years on his rookie deal. I would probably have taken him over any single player in the Laker's trade given age and contract. I like the overall player package from the Laker's a bit more than Gallo and SGA though.
    I think there's more downside to the Lakers pick quality based upon Lebron's age, AD's injury history, and organizational chaos, and like our reverse protections and deferments, but 5 and a pick swap is > 3 and a pick swap.
    Shoot, it's 2 pick swaps. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    OKC was definitely on a treadmill. I don't think anyone expected them to compete for a title anytime soon. They might as well start a rebuild.

This can be true along with the Kawhi angle.
    The insinuation was that OKC might have seeked this out since they were on a "treadmill". That doesnt seem to be the case. They could have traded George to any other team earlier if they felt strongly that way.

If Kawhi doesn't demand George then OKC holds onto him and continues to try and build around George and turtle face.

That's a crazy amount to give up, though. I like this trade for OKC. I'd do that for Paul George. That OKC team was not realistically going anywhere and had no realistic way to get better.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I’m not surprised he choose the Clippers, the Lakers are the Lakers and that’s his near his home in San Diego I believe.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The insinuation was that OKC might have seeked this out since they were on a "treadmill". That doesnt seem to be the case. They could have traded George to any other team earlier if they felt strongly that way.

If Kawhi doesn't demand George then OKC holds onto him and continues to try and build around George and turtle face.
    No.. you misunderstood me. I didn't say anything about them seeking out a trade. I was simply answering the rationale for even making the trade.

Thread Information