Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Laker Fans Starting To Panic Over Trade Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    Not delaying trade. It helps LAL and we wouldn’t have our picks for Summer League. All won’t agree either
    Umm..so you keeping up with the news? This hasn't been relevant for about 12 hours now.

Another Lakers board tidbit. This is what they're suggesting to fill out their roster.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:18 am Post subject:
    My personal FA and buyout choices (ranked from best to worst):

PG: Alex Caruso, Trey Burke, Quinn Cook, Ramon Rondo (last resort and only for the minimum)
    SF: Andre Iguodala, Vince Carter, Kyle Korver
    PF/C: Marcus Morris, JaMychal Green, DeMarcus Cousins

My favorite is Lakers fans saying OKC should just give them Russ so OKC can have cap space and to "do right by Russ". LOL.

This is why they deserve everything they get because even in the face of getting crushed repeatedly they are still arrogant AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    My favorite is Lakers fans saying OKC should just give them Russ so OKC can have cap space and to "do right by Russ". LOL.

This is why they deserve everything they get because even in the face of getting crushed repeatedly they are still arrogant AF.
    Sounds familiar. Back in February...

Anthony apparently gave New Orleans "all his prime years", and the Pelicans just needed to "let that man go" (to the Lakers).

Worse than Falcons fans I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It depends on a bunch of factors. I don't think it's crazy to think they might miss the playoffs though.

If Lebron gets another 15+ game injury like he did last year, or if AD starts the season off slowly like he sometimes did for us, then I could see it happening. They might even both get injured (obviously I'm not hoping they do, injuries suck) which would guarantee it.

I'd prefer them to make the playoffs though. Just as an 8th seed and then get rinsed by the Clips in the first round, but we don't have their pick NEXT year so I want them to make the playoffs so that they can't add top talent in the draft. After that, we start getting their picks and they can bomb out of every playoffs for all I care.
    OMG that would be so cold, Lakers get 8th seed, bounced in the first round. Then AD packs up for NY, LeBron retires and they have only a ~14/15 pick in 2020, a lotto pick in 2022 and our 25-30 pick in 2023 for draft picks between now and 2024. And to to it off, no major free agents will touch the place with a 39 1/2 foot pole because of how much of a hot mess their front office is and the face that they let Rich Paul take over their team.

If AD wasn't a complete and total beta I could see a timeline where he punks the Lakers and walks in free agency.

But from everything AD has shown so far, Lebron will take him over his knee and whip him just for mentioning the idea of leaving him.

Okay so why hasn't the trade been completed yet? Our rookies have a game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Okay so why hasn't the trade been completed yet? Our rookies have a game tonight
    Lots of trades to process. They're going through but this is a big trade with more than half a dozen teams involved and a lot of moving parts, so it was never gonna be one of the first few through.

It should definitely be done before the game though.
    Basketball.

Lol at the analysis models currently projecting us to win more games than LA and be a firm playoff team

The Lakers have to complete all their free agent signings first.

Everyone says that processing all these trades takes time, but its not like the league office only has one person doing the work. Or is it? Why couldn't they put a dozen different people at work, some to process trades that need no waiting, and a few just to handle a complicated deal like the AD deal?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Everyone says that processing all these trades takes time, but its not like the league office only has one person doing the work. Or is it? Why couldn't they put a dozen different people at work, some to process trades that need no waiting, and a few just to handle a complicated deal like the AD deal?
    For a trade to be considered official not only does all the paperwork have to be signed and faxed to the league office but they have to setup a phone call with the teams involved and confirm their intent to trade with the details.

So that means the Lakers have to sign all those free agents first, then get on a phone call with the Pels and Washington. Then the Pels have to have their phone call with Atlanta to process that part of the trade.

Theres a lot of moving pieces beyond just how many people are working in the league office.

For a trade to be considered official not only does all the paperwork have to be signed and faxed to the league office but they have to setup a phone call with the teams involved and confirm their intent to trade with the details.

So that means the Lakers have to sign all those free agents first, then get on a phone call with the Pels and Washington. Then the Pels have to have their phone call with Atlanta to process that part of the trade.

Theres a lot of moving pieces beyond just how many people are working in the league office.
    They agreed to these trades weeks ago. All that should've been worked out. What kinda nonsense is working out the details on the day of closing? All that should be done is signing papers at this point. I get Lakers have to sign their players, but they've been knew how much cap space they had.

They agreed to these trades weeks ago. All that should've been worked out. What kinda nonsense is working out the details on the day of closing? All that should be done is signing papers at this point. I get Lakers have to sign their players, but they've been knew how much cap space they had.
    It's not as simple as knowing what cap space you have. The Lakers were negotiating with other players too, some with conditions and demands for whether they have Kawhi or not. So they are still working through getting all that stuff processed too. Then the Pels trade will go through.

It's not as simple as knowing what cap space you have. The Lakers were negotiating with other players too, some with conditions and demands for whether they have Kawhi or not. So they are still working through getting all that stuff processed too. Then the Pels trade will go through.
    I get what you're saying but this is still bad business. Pelinka and Jeanie are novices and its showing. A day was agreed upon and because they didnt have their ducks in a row, instead of completing it at the beginning of the day. They're holding every one hostage and it'll be completed later in the evening. If they dont ask for more time.

I get what you're saying but this is still bad business. Pelinka and Jeanie are novices and its showing. A day was agreed upon and because they didnt have their ducks in a row, instead of completing it at the beginning of the day. They're holding every one hostage and it'll be completed later in the evening. If they dont ask for more time.
    You said yourself a DAY was agreed to. It's only been 5 hours since contracts could even be signed. Give it some time.

That's where....and it pains me to do this.....I have to give Boston credit. They stuck to their guns, kept their assets, and honestly put together a better roster than they would have had with AD on the team.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    That's where....and it pains me to do this.....I have to give Boston credit. They stuck to their guns, kept their assets, and honestly put together a better roster than they would have had with AD on the team.
    And for all their effort, they will be a 1st round exit depending on who they match up with.

West definitely. East......I don't think so. And they have the young talent with all their assets intact to continue to build.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190706-170108_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	6469

Is the AD deal official?

Lakers fans and bloggers are hot around the collar. Locked on Lakers this past week has gone from “we got this” to “fire everyone and trade Lebron”.

Honestly, it’s been great.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Is the AD deal official?
    Still not yet.

Man, I hate the Lakers so much.

Everyone else is just waiting on them, but they aren't doing the deal yet because they haven't used their cap space. WHOSE FAULT IS THAT?

They've known for weeks that if Kawhi didn't go there, they'd have to fill out their roster. WHY didn't they do what literally every other team has done, and make contact with free agents so that they had a stack of files ready to fire off in case Kawhi fell through? Why are they the only franchise this stupid?

Instead we, Utah, Memphis, Atlanta, Philly, Golden State, and others have to just sit around waiting for them to finish begging for Quinn Cook to sign on the minimum.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    He laughs when I say the Warriors will be better. Especially if people like him keep saying they won’t be any good next year. That’s smart to say that to one of the best franchises in basketball the last few years. I would bet HUGE amounts of money that they will end up with a better record than the Lakers. They were the best team in league before KD cake there. Add an All Star like DLo to that team and most would of thought they were the best. It depends on how long Klay is out, but nowadays ACLs are not as bad as they once were. He will be back at some point, but I hope not lol. The Lakers would have to hope everything goes perfect. AD & LeBron barely miss any games, the coaching staff does a great job, they make a decent trade or 2, and the bench surprises teams.
    I agree. GSW is a machine. Losing iggy and Durant will hurt but not as much as people think. They will need more interior defense. I think Green and Curry and Russell will be very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information