Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Laker Fans Starting To Panic Over Trade Deadline

Laker Fans Starting To Panic Over Trade Deadline

Is the deadline tonight at midnight or tomorrow night at 11:59pm?

Plus, they are blaming Kawhi for delaying his decision. They act like they are the ones in control. I just don't see it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, so much toothpaste is out of the tube, there is no way they can back out of the deal now. I mean, seven other teams have to agree to NOT play their rookies or sign free agents until the trade is completed. I say too bad so sad.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

The Franchise
    I'm a Lakers fan. (now Pels fan).. not panicking. Most aren't.

All parties have agreed to delay the paperwork. Everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I'm a Lakers fan. (now Pels fan).. not panicking. Most aren't.

All parties have agreed to delay the paperwork. Everything is fine.
    No they haven't. Where have you seen that? There has been absolutely no reporting from Woj, Shams, or any of the Pels guys like Shamit or Mason that implies that ''all parties have agreed to delay''.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    No they haven't. Where have you seen that? There has been absolutely no reporting from Woj, Shams, or any of the Pels guys like Shamit or Mason that implies that ''all parties have agreed to delay''.
    Closest we've seen is all parties are expected to cooperate with the delay.

But I don't see why. Doesn't benefit us at all to help the Lakers get Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Closest we've seen is all parties are expected to cooperate with the delay.

But I don't see why. Doesn't benefit us at all to help the Lakers get Kawhi.
    I think there's a difference between ''are expected to co-operate'' and ''have agreed to delay''. I know you weren't saying they were identical terms, but I just think it's important to note the difference between those two things, for posterity.

The Franchise
    I think there's a difference between ''are expected to co-operate'' and ''have agreed to delay''. I know you weren't saying they were identical terms, but I just think it's important to note the difference between those two things, for posterity.
    It's essentially the same thing, hardly a distinction worth noting.

The Franchise
    Bottom line, the delay is currently a non issue. Which is what I communicated.

too many teams and players to delay. The show must go on.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    too many teams and players to delay. The show must go on.
    Agreed..

Bottom line, the delay is currently a non issue. Which is what I communicated.
    I hope you're right

All-Star
    Kawhi to the Clippers so the deal is on!!!

It's essentially the same thing, hardly a distinction worth noting.
    ...no it's not?

Maybe if you're Rob Pelinka they're the same thing, but we've all seen how stupid he is.

If I'm ''expected to co-operate'', it means people who are NOT ME have evaluated the situation and believe that I'll play along. That's very different from if I have ''agreed to delay'', which is when they've actually asked me and received my permission. Obviously those two things are different: one is an admission of consent and the other is guesswork from an outsider's perspective.

The Franchise
    ...no it's not?

Maybe if you're Rob Pelinka they're the same thing, but we've all seen how stupid he is.

If I'm ''expected to co-operate'', it means people who are NOT ME have evaluated the situation and believe that I'll play along. That's very different from if I have ''agreed to delay'', which is when they've actually asked me and received my permission. Obviously those two things are different: one is an admission of consent and the other is guesswork from an outsider's perspective.
    Whatever man lol... Bottom line is they agreed to wait. You spin it however you want. At this point it doesn't matter.

I guess those Laker fans really had nothing to worry about. LOL.

I have Lakers fans calling me delusional on Twitter cause I said they may not make the playoffs. I’m delusional?? I said the front office is a joke that can’t get a trade right and has to beg another team to take 3 players to even have a chance at Kawhi. The coaching staff is a joke as well that just screams in fighting and back stabbing amongst them. The roster is gonna be terrible. “Roster terrible LMAO”! I’m like yes I guarantee AD will miss 20+ games and your bench is gonna be terrible. They won’t even be the best team in their own city that has a great head coach & front office. I’m like you gonna be disappointed just like last year when you thought you had one of the best teams in the league and didn’t even make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I have Lakers fans calling me delusional on Twitter cause I said they may not make the playoffs. I’m delusional?? I said the front office is a joke that can’t get a trade right and has to beg another team to take 3 players to even have a chance at Kawhi. The coaching staff is a joke as well that just screams in fighting and back stabbing amongst them. The roster is gonna be terrible. “Roster terrible LMAO”! I’m like yes I guarantee AD will miss 20+ games and your bench is gonna be terrible. They won’t even be the best team in their own city that has a great head coach & front office. I’m like you gonna be disappointed just like last year when you thought you had one of the best teams in the league and didn’t even make the playoffs.
    It depends on a bunch of factors. I don't think it's crazy to think they might miss the playoffs though.

If Lebron gets another 15+ game injury like he did last year, or if AD starts the season off slowly like he sometimes did for us, then I could see it happening. They might even both get injured (obviously I'm not hoping they do, injuries suck) which would guarantee it.

I'd prefer them to make the playoffs though. Just as an 8th seed and then get rinsed by the Clips in the first round, but we don't have their pick NEXT year so I want them to make the playoffs so that they can't add top talent in the draft. After that, we start getting their picks and they can bomb out of every playoffs for all I care.

Lakers will make the playoffs with LeBron + AD + Danny Green... if they all play 75+ games. But considering LeBron's age and AD's health history, I'm not sure that that's going to happen in the West. They really could go anywhere from the #1 seed to out of the playoffs and I wouldn't be shocked in any of those scenarios.

Only thing is now they're probably going to try to go after Giannis in 2021, so they're going to sign all their players to deals that give them cap space at that point. I'm hopeful Giannis doesn't go there. If he does, then him + AD will make those future picks become garbage.

Then he says they are a top 3 team in the west? What? The Warriors still have Curry, Draymond, and now DLo with Klay coming back for the playoffs I would think. The Jazz & Nuggets have probably the best rosters from top to bottom. The Blazers have close to the same team that made it to the western conference finals. The Rockets still have the same roster with one of the best players in the league. The Clippers will be beasts with Kawhi & PG13. They will be lucky to be a top 6 team in the west IMO.

Then he says they are a top 3 team in the west? What? The Warriors still have Curry, Draymond, and now DLo with Klay coming back for the playoffs I would think. The Jazz & Nuggets have probably the best rosters from top to bottom. The Blazers have close to the same team that made it to the western conference finals. The Rockets still have the same roster with one of the best players in the league. The Clippers will be beasts with Kawhi & PG13. They will be lucky to be a top 6 team in the west IMO.
    Lakers will be better than Golden State this year.

But yeah, they won't be as good as LAC, Utah, Denver, Portland, Houston, and possibly not better than a few other teams either (Kings jump to mind, depending on whether Bagley takes that step and Fox/Hield keep it up).

He laughs when I say the Warriors will be better. Especially if people like him keep saying they won’t be any good next year. That’s smart to say that to one of the best franchises in basketball the last few years. I would bet HUGE amounts of money that they will end up with a better record than the Lakers. They were the best team in league before KD cake there. Add an All Star like DLo to that team and most would of thought they were the best. It depends on how long Klay is out, but nowadays ACLs are not as bad as they once were. He will be back at some point, but I hope not lol. The Lakers would have to hope everything goes perfect. AD & LeBron barely miss any games, the coaching staff does a great job, they make a decent trade or 2, and the bench surprises teams.

Lakers will be better than Golden State this year.

But yeah, they won't be as good as LAC, Utah, Denver, Portland, Houston, and possibly not better than a few other teams either (Kings jump to mind, depending on whether Bagley takes that step and Fox/Hield keep it up).

I don’t think so. A big 3 of Curry, Draymond, & DLo is better than what most teams have and better than what the Lakers have IMO. I wouldn’t doubt them like you and most seem too

We will see the Steph from a few years ago now that KD isn’t there to defer too. He’s gonna have a MVP type season again without a doubt IMO

He’s gonna be playing with the best point guard he’s ever played with in DLo. I see plenty of 3s after running off screens
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-06-2019 at 09:08 AM.

I don’t think so. A big 3 of Curry, Draymond, & DLo is better than what most teams have and better than what the Lakers have IMO. I wouldn’t doubt them like you and most seem too
    DLo and Curry is the worst defensive back court in the entire NBA. Draymond is a great defender and playmaker, but he cannot create his own offense.

Durant's gone, Boogie's gone, Iguodala's gone, Livingston has said he may retire, and they're hard capped.

They have D-Lo, Curry, Draymond, and literally nothing else.

The Franchise
    Not delaying trade. It helps LAL and we wouldn’t have our picks for Summer League. All won’t agree either

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs with LeBron + AD + Danny Green... if they all play 75+ games. But considering LeBron's age and AD's health history, I'm not sure that that's going to happen in the West. They really could go anywhere from the #1 seed to out of the playoffs and I wouldn't be shocked in any of those scenarios.

Only thing is now they're probably going to try to go after Giannis in 2021, so they're going to sign all their players to deals that give them cap space at that point. I'm hopeful Giannis doesn't go there. If he does, then him + AD will make those future picks become garbage.
    This was on one of the Lakers boards. They're still convinced that everyone just wants to play for them.

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:51 am Post subject:
    Only 2 yr deals. Greek Freak in '21. Unless he forces a trade to us, in which case we can send them Lebron.

C: Cauley-Stein, Jones
    F: Looney
    F: Green, Robinson III
    G: DLo, Evans
    G: Curry, Livingston?

They not done in free agency either. I just saw they might get Avery Bradley to help with backcourt defense. I’m
    sure they will add another forward as well.

Thread Information