Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'd rather he play to his strengths. He's not gonna be a distributor. I'd rather he master how to continue scoring at a high level.
    I know he can score. The thing that's standing between him and an NBA rotation is his ability to effectively create for others, particularly in the pick and roll.

Right now, he's the easiest type of player to defend. That's cool sometimes, but since I don't care about Summer League and I'm interested in it for what it represents at an actual NBA level, I want to see what he can do.

If you can't try and fail at Summer League, when can you?
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Why isn't Wood playing?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Why isn't Wood playing?
    Looks like Kavell Bigby-Williams is the late addition, replacing woods (?)
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Basically this. If we need buckets, we already have Jrue, Ingram, Zion, Redick, and Favors, and if we need guys to just spot up and drill threes, we have Moore and Miller.

What this team needs, what will really get Frank minutes in the regular season, is the ability to handle the ball and run an offense for someone not named Frank Jackson. Right now, Kenrich Williams has done a FAR better job at that than him.

Edit: Should clarify. That doesn't mean I don't think he should be allowed to take shots or anything. I'd just like to see SOME creation. Some passing, maybe a play made for someone else at some point, please. I'll take anything.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 07-05-2019 at 09:55 PM.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I have to keep reminding myself that these guys (minus Zion) will not be playing much during the actual season.

I wonder if Zion was in that trade would the league have waived it so he could play tonight?? I guess they can’t do that, but I’m sure they would of talked about it!!

AD wasn’t having full arenas just to see him as a rookie. This guy is the most hyped player since LeBron James and we have him on our team fellows!! I still can’t believe it. Watching that lottery was surreal just like when we landed AD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I have to keep reminding myself that these guys (minus Zion) will not be playing much during the actual season.
    Probably won't be playing at all, aside from maybe Kenrich.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Works for me. I've seen enough of Zion to last me all of Summer League.

Apparently Zion is DONE for the night.

He played 9 minutes, had 11 points and 3 rebounds.

Zion is out for the rest of the game. Took knee to knee contact and they are just being extremely cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Works for me. I've seen enough of Zion to last me all of Summer League.
    Same. I've seen enough to remind me: yep, he's still really good.

Obviously I'd like to watch more, for selfish reasons, but I don't need it.

FRANK tearing it down!! I like that kid! He has a ton of potential

Frank just exploded

Wow Frank Jackson i see You!

Thanks Frank. We do need a backup point. Make Dell proud.

Sit him! Shoot, pull him from the team and start conditioning and working on his game/shot in the practice facility.

Glad they are being smart about this.

Basically this.

He's hit a few threes, had a few cool dunks. Awesome. I knew he could do that though, I watched him play last season.

Keep London off

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Basically this. If we need buckets, we already have Jrue, Ingram, Zion, Redick, and Favors, and if we need guys to just spot up and drill threes, we have Moore and Miller.

What this team needs, what will really get Frank minutes in the regular season, is the ability to handle the ball and run an offense for someone not named Frank Jackson. Right now, Kenrich Williams has done a FAR better job at that than him.

Edit: Should clarify. That doesn't mean I don't think he should be allowed to take shots or anything. I'd just like to see SOME creation. Some passing, maybe a play made for someone else at some point, please. I'll take anything.
    I respectfully diagree.

And I swear you were one of the ones that pointed this out when Elfrid was signed by NY.....we have handlers.....Ball mostly, Jrue, Zion, Moore, NAW, even Williams is showing some skills with that....if Frank has a place on the team it is off the ball shooting.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    First quarter and half of second quarter: "Frank Jackson doesn't have a place on this team."

End of second quarter and third quarter: "Should Jackson start?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Same. I've seen enough to remind me: yep, he's still really good.

Obviously I'd like to watch more, for selfish reasons, but I don't need it.
    Seriously, let the Vegas crowd be upset. We need him for 82ish regular season games.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Ballhog Barrett -- 4/15

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I respectfully diagree.

And I swear you were one of the ones that pointed this out when Elfrid was signed by NY.....we have handlers.....Ball mostly, Jrue, Zion, Moore, NAW, even Williams is showing some skills with that....if Frank has a place on the team it is off the ball shooting.
    I do think that we aren't in as desperate need for another ball handler as some people have been making out.

The problem for Frank is, I also don't think we're in super extra desperate need for one-dimensional scorers either.

If he wants a place on this team, getting actual rotation minutes in the regular season, then he has to be able to do more than one thing. Right now, he can't. He can score points, for himself, and that's it. If I want someone to score points for themselves, we already have MULTIPLE guys better than him at doing so.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Clearly Zion is holding us back.

Trade him.

Thread Information